Fimbulvetr

Ren

Character OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Björn & Lirr

Couple OTS

Private walk of punishment.

Suddenly the wind began to pick up, the clouds in front of him grew thicker than he had just seen; the beast glanced down just as he began to enter the clouds' concrete-like hold. The others he had been traveling with just seemed to disappear, he quickly lost track of where he was. A few strong wing beats later, he came out into the clear once more, but the group he had been with was gone. He circled back, yet had no luck. It wasn't until he entered the clouds once more, that he felt the pressure around him. He could hear the distant voices screaming his name, "Kovarro! Kovarro! NO!" Snake optics frantically looked around to see what was happening, but he couldn't see outside of the smog. "Arvid!" Deep, raspy tones roared, but it made no difference. He was lost to the grips of the Bifrost; the ancient tree's branches had grabbed him with the wind's grasp.

No, no no.... I cannot lose them! He screamed in his head, hastily looking for a way out, but the only way he saw was landing. And what a crash landing it was, he felt as if he nearly broke the Earth into pieces from slamming down. His cloven hooves cracked the surface, his tail slapped down in anger. Lids blinked sideways over his exhausted optics, nares flared as he continued to sweep his gaze back and forth. Behemoth wings were flared outward in the heat of the moment, his vigorous limbs were lifted high as in an almost prance. He could hardly see through the fog, his chest was puffed out as he tossed his head. Now that he was on the ground, it seemed as if there was no way out.

Like he was trapped.

That only further stressed him out - his people were all that he knew. All that he could remember. And he had been sent to protect them, how could he do that while he was... wherever the fuck he was? Lids slide over his optics once more, Kovarro focused on his breathing. He had to get himself under control and calmed down, before things spiraled out of control. This wasn't the place or the time to become undone. "Izat." He spat, jaw clenched at his frustrations; taking a few more deep breaths before opening his lids once more. He stood there, nape arched, tail curled around to the side of him and wings down at his sides. He refused to move, he would not take another step until he figured out where he was.

And what the fuck the ancient tree wanted of him.

He shot a look upward at it, narrowing his gaze as he sneered.

and i'll survive,
somehow i always do.

Lynette
( so sorry, he's rusty. )  
x

Tag: @[Kovarro]

I'm headed straight for the castle
They wanna make me their queen
Vast leathery wings beat against the slight breeze once, twice and then a third time, allowing the massive dragoness to simply coast for another lengthy distance. Dark cloven hooves were tucked close nearly beneath her barrel while her hind legs dangled in comfort. A content sigh fluttered from her ebony nares, ashen harks drawing backwards to cancel the persistent whistling of the wind around her. She passed by the expanse of sildr lake with another rotating flap. Periwinkle eyes were drawn toward the earth in hopes to catch the sight of either the dainty black figure of Lirr or a mauve dragoness with ivory locks.

When she found neither the duchess allowed her mind to drift back to the angelic like stallion she'd run into not to long ago on that thunderous night. Briefly she wondered if his wounds were healing and if the broken man was faring well. If she never saw him again she wished him the best. A thoughtful hum echoed within the realm of her throat, her gaze eventually panning back over to the massive structure of the bifrost. Although it was the last place she wanted to wander into she could not help but to feel drawn to it once more. Like a soft beckoning it wished to be explored once again.

Another breath was expelled through her nares, forceful this time as she angled herself to land. Dark limbs pranced lightly upon the ground as her hooves kissed the earth. Pulling her elongated wings back to her sides she stood there, quietly staring into one of the tree's many openings. The vixen gave a mildly irritated lash of her thick tail, seeming to finally make up her mind as she plunged herself into darkness. Who knew, perhaps she would even come across someone like she had before. Her hooves echoed within the dark woven corridors, each one softly thudding upon the earth as she went.

The sound of water dripping was a constant reoccurring theme she had noticed, every time she entered this place. The bifrost seemed to be a bit more ominous this time around, casting deep shadows in what little bit of light she could find and playing tricks on her eyes with it's ancient magic. She seriously began to question herself as to why she wandered in here in the first place. Before she could decided to turn around the mare found herself enveloped in rows upon rows of thick magical vines. They ensnared her limbs with a lightening quick response. Shrieking in surprise of both the sting and grip of the living plants Lynette's limbs tugged against the vines, only to find more now binding her wings.

Ahh! I knew I shouldn't have come in here. Parting her jaws the duchess' maw glowed an intimidating orange before releasing a blazing hot flamethrower to torch the vines clinging to her. Some snaked away from the intense heat, others burned to ash. Yet more still came until she became overwhelmed. Wrestled to the ground the and nearly wrapped into a ball Lynette pared her jaws to shout. Help, if anyone is out there! Help me! The fae screamed, before turning her attention back to her unfortunate situation, snapping at a few vines to bite through them.

000 words | tags Kovarro | notes
forsaken
━ SHE WEARS STRENGTH AND DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL
THE GIRL HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF-GODDESS HALF-HELL
Tag: @[Lynette]

A wave of stubbornness overwhelmed the dragon; he refused to move from the spot he was currently brooding in. Chin was near tucked to his chest, nape muscles bulged under taunt scaled hide, lids sheathed over snake optics. He steadied his breathing, focusing on calming himself with every breath. He hadn't a clue on what this damn tree wanted of him, nor did he give a fuck. All he wanted was to get back to the kingdom to which he belonged to. Flashes of uncertain memories came, however they were masked and blurry. Voices, screaming... a woman. Screaming so loud it struck at his heart. Quickly it was becoming more and more realistic. As if he was right there, so close to where the screaming was coming from. "Help me!" Brows furrowed as he shook his cranium, that sounded all too real.

Lids flung opened, throwing his horned maw to the skies, audits frantically twitching about in search for any noise matching what he had just heard. He could hear someone struggling, but where?! Jaw clenched as he lurched forward, looking for an indication at which direction it came from. Muscles twitched with anticipation as he weaved to and fro, "Where are you?! Let your voice guide me!" He bellowed, mismatched optics bouncing in every direction. His frustrations were growing with the damn ancient tree blocking his entire view, with it's hundreds of vines and mazes, constantly moving and switching courses. A last minute thought to take to the skies, but he knew better than that already - he had been airborne to begin with.

And now look where he was.

As the desperation began to fester, at last the tree shifted and an ashen gray woman as revealed laying among the dirt, vines lashing out and grasping her. Lips immediately flew upward in a snarl, Kovarro bolted forward. He could feel the vines smacking at his powerful limbs as he dodged them the best that he could, just as he was just about to reach her, he felt a thick vine grasp and twist around his rear right fetlock. "Fuck." He grunted, whipping his head around to look back at where it had attached itself. He pulled, jerked his leg, anything to free himself. With a last attempt, he outstretched his nape to its maximum and hastily severed the vine from his limb. Now free, he turned back to the damsel in distress.

Anger was beginning to billow deep within him.

"We must move fast, and together." His voice was quick, he began snapping at the overwhelming swarm of vines, stomping them with his cloven hooves. His tail was keeping any further vines from getting a hold of him, slapping the large mass back and forth, their spikes slicing at the creepers. Kovarro worked as instantaniously as he possibly could. "Yes, yes... now RUN!" He shouted, proceeding to fight off the rest of the vines, he used the side of his cranium - careful not to poke her with any of his protruding horns - to aide her up.

and i'll survive,
somehow i always do.

Lynette

x

Her limbs kicked out in a desperate attempt to free herself from the bifrost's clutches. When that did not work she brought them up underneath her in an attempt to sit up as much as possible. Lifting her nape from the ground Lynette's ears fell forward at the sound of a booming voice. Periwinkle eyes drew wide at the sound of a stranger, silently grateful that he cry for assistance did not go unanswered. For a brief moment her harks swiveled around the woven corridor as she tried to figure out just where the man's voice was coming from. Without sparing another minute she projected her voice in his general direction. I'm in here!

The vines themselves began to tighten further, constricting her like some form of plant based serpent. A heavy snort expelled from her nares as she twisted about to snap at another lingering vine. Before long the owner of the booming voice appeared through a curtain of lichen and whipping foliage. Spying the drake rushing to her side to crush vines underneath powerful hooves she heaved herself to her own now that the magic's hold began to slacken. You don't have to tell me twice. Lynette murmured, giving a hefty flap of her wings to free herself from the remaining clutches.

With his aid she was able to regain her balance with a huff on her lips. Quick, this way. Before this wicked tree decided to put us in more danger. The exit is just up ahead. The words were tossed over her shoulder as she lurched forward, tossing herself into a careful canter. Galloping within a tight space such as this would prove to be near impossible. With her head low and wings pulled tightly to her sides Lynette zipped through the ominous halls, her body's natural glow providing light where the bifrost was darkest. Cloven hooves pounded upon the earth as she lead the duo deeper into the meandering maze.

Finally light began to filter beyond in the distance. There, we made it. The vixen slowed her gait, transitioning into a lengthy trot before fully exiting the ancient tree. A sigh of relief fell from parted lips as she turned back around to face the opening she just emerged from. She had been so caught up in running that she did not think to look back and see if the towering draconic male were still there. Surely did not become captured by the bifrost's magic? A small pang of guilt began to settle within her chest as the duchess took a single step closer. Monsieur...? She called into the darkness.

forsaken

Everything that was happening around him seemed to move in a mix of slow motion and quick time; all he could think of was getting this woman safe and secure from whatever dark magic that possessed the wretched tree. Being so near her, Kovarro could smell the aroma that released from her pores - it was of this very place. But why? What he couldn't possibly understand was why anyone would care to stick around something so, well... dark.

Which was humorous to think, if you had known him in his past life.

However, he knew nothing of that life. He wasn't the man he used to be. Not that he had anything to compare himself to now, lack of memories did not help the situation. No matter, he still couldn't fathom how anyone could live near such a poisonous place. Contrasted optics kept their focus upon the striking female in front of him as he frantically aided her escape. He could see the temporary fear within her visage and it caused him to fear silently. He knew nothing of this place, but he was quickly finding just how unforgiving it was.

Finally they had gotten her free and she sprung to her feet quickly, he hadn't even gotten the chance to react before she was rushing away from where they had just been. Audits perked for a passing second before he lurched after her with instinct.

Massive wings clung tightly to his scaled sides, cranium held low to keep his horns from catching, he could feel the spikes that riddled his tail catching on thin branches but with the momentum behind him, they easily broke.  

"Just go!" He bellowed, audits twitched backward as he could hear the tree groaning and twisting. He could hear vines cracking and whipping in every direction. This tree was pissed, if it possessed such emotions. If this had been any other time - Kovarro would definitely be taking the time to admire the view that the woman was giving him; her perfectly structure rump was such a delightful sight. He still took a second to savor it. But that was truly all the time he had been given, for the distraction caused him to not realize the vine placed at knee height, causing him to topple over.

Doing a somersault, the behemoth brute crashed into the otherwise hardened soil. Brows furrowed as he heaved himself up just as quickly as he fell, shaking off the dirt he was now covered in. "Fuck." He spat, he had somehow managed to slice open his shoulder with a spike on his tail during the fall. Kovarro looked to the direction that he had been following the striking woman - he could still see the opening, however it was beginning to close. Optics widened, "No, no, no..." He muttered under his breath, lurching forward once more. His body most definitely ached this time around.

It was true, the bigger you were, the harder you fell.

The exit had just about closed when Kovarro tucked his chin to his chest and busted through, putting his lengthy horns to use. Branches and vines exploded in every direction as he pushed through, his lids closed tightly to keep anything from lodging itself within an optic. A few strides and he slowly released his lids, his vision blurry at first and then adjusted. Cranium was lifted and he was greeted by the lovely sight of the femme, a tender smile sprouted over his maw. He slowed his movements as he neared her, halting only once he was within two paces from her; it was then he realized just how much taller he was. It wasn't too much of a difference, it was perfect in his opinion. "Hash azisi?" Concern riddled his visage, brows furrowed as he outstretched his maw to her.

and i'll survive,
somehow i always do.

Lynette
( hover for translations! )
x

The dappled vixen's hooves shuffled left then right as she continued to pace warily in front of the bifrost and its rapidly sealing exit. Vines, leaves and extending branches all taking turns weaving together to stitch the only opening closed. Oh no... She couldn't allow a stranger to perish simply because he happened to be nice enough to help her, not if she could help it. The amount of guilt she felt before continued to bubble up within her chest as she took a few hurried steps forward. Using the serrated side of her wings, Lynette easily snapped and sliced through the binding foliage, but not fast enough to make any real difference.

Her heart hammered within her chest as limbs began working double time to carve a new hole. No, he would be okay. He seemed like a strong and hearty fellow. Her once flattened harks stood at attention upon hearing thunderous hooves galloping somewhere beyond the viridian wall. A new flicker of hope ignited within her, causing the femme to move out of the way. Just moments after periwinkle eyes watched as the sanguine drake exploded from the depths of the bifrost, sending bits of foliage flying this way and that. It was quite the display of both strength and willpower if she had ever seen one.

A budding smile overtook her previously worried expression. You certainly had me there for a moment... She murmured after some time. Now within the comfort of safety Lynette could allow her eyes to roam, taking in the sight of rippling muscles and flexing biceps. Not even Antoine himself could hold a candle to what this man had to offer. This stranger held the look of something intimidating and powerful, but so far held the personality of a lamb. The drake inched closer, stopping somewhere just outside of a step or two away. Glowing eyes  shimmered beneath dark lashes as the male outstretched his nape.

The garnet of his muzzle met the dark obsidian of her own. The warmth of the comforting touch nearly caused her lids to fall to half mast as she came down from her adrenaline high. Thank you for saving me... She added, sincerely grateful as she leaned into the brief touch. He spoke to her in some language unknown to her. However, it was the metallic scent of blood flooding her senses that stopped her from questioning his comment further. You're bleeding! She whispered with a slight inflection in her tone that showcased her worry. Taking a single step forward the vixen assessed his wounded shoulder with a delicate frown.

It appeared to be deep and without proper care it could possibly become infected. Quickly her gaze roamed the rest of him, searching of any other superficial injuries or deeper punctures or cuts. Much to her delight there appeared to be a few minor scrapes if any besides the more alarming one. Turning her attention back towards the drake a sigh fell from her dark lips. Her visage shook to and fro as the length of her ashen forelock cupped the other side of her face. I'm sorry you were hurt on my behalf. If she had been more careful, no, if she had never entered the bifrost in the first place none of this would have happened.

Such a simple mistake was an embarrassment within itself and to all of her prior training. Regardless, she could do nothing but learn from it, and right now she had an injured man on her hands. I might not be the world's best doctor...but I know a thing or two about cleaning wounds. You wouldn't you mind letting me treat your injury would you? Its the least I can do for your heroic act earlier. Which reminds me, does my savior have a name?

forsaken

The events of what had just transpired rattled amok in his mind, optics darted to and fro over the majestic body of the woman who now stood before him, instead of laid under him. Although that had been a rather intriguing position, take away her panic and the masses of vines trying to beckon them to their early demise. A throbbing began to settle within his right shoulder, along with a burning sensation... it was already beginning to fester. More than likely due to the dirt and grim that crusted over the particular spike that just so happened to slice his own flesh. However he paid no mind, keeping his attention fully upon her.  

'You certainly had me there for a moment,' Her melodic words hovered near his audits for a tick, causing his thoughts to stir in question. He hadn't heard that before, he had her? I of course wouldn't mind having her... His mind revealed, only for him to react by hastily rolling his snake pupils at himself. While she was notably sizing him up, Kovarro hadn't paid any mind to the act, for he only was observing her in return. It had been so long, since he had seen anyone even remotely share the appearance of himself. Matter of fact, he couldn't remember ever seeing anyone. For a reason unknown to him, it tugged at a heart-string - as if he was supposed to remember something, but he was just grasping at thin air.

There was nothing there.

Lids slide horizontally over his optics as she allowed him to make contact with her scaled hide; his maw nudged at her own lightly... he could smell her breath, the caress of her delicate skin caused a rush of goosebumps through him. Audits perked forward at the softness of her voice, "Maybe it was you, who saved me." His raspy tones were nothing short of a whisper, if heard at all. Without knowing his context, one may believe it to be extremely cliche and sickeningly too forward, however if not for her stumbling into his confusion, he would of never made it out of there. He still hadn't an idea of how he got there, or even where he was now.

All he could hope for, was the rest of the hunting party was alive and relatively okay.

It was her sudden gasp and frantic whisper that pulled him from his deep thoughts. Retracting his maw from hers, audits twitched backward as he glanced at his right shoulder, noting the blood oozing from the wound and down his limb. He found himself sighing in response, shaking his cranium. "'Tis but a flesh wound, my dear." Which in most certainly was not, for his spike had struck rather deep. Near to the bone, as far as he could feel. But it wasn't his nature to make a big deal of anything, especially if it were to only worry her further. He observed her as she inspected his wound, contrasted optics taking in even more details of her frame. From her ashen gray pelt to her periwinkle luminescent wings, it was if she was made to perfection.

An immediate shake of his cranium was in response to her apologies, "I'll hear no more of it, it was I who was clumsy and caused myself harm. I'd do it all over again if I must." He shifted his weight, feeling a jolt of pain through his shoulder which rendered only a tight close of his lids and a clench of his jaw. Once it faded, he moved his maw to once more touch her own in reassurance. However he opened his optics as she began to speak further, he took a respectful step back to give her space. "No heroics, madame. Just the right thing to do. I would be delighted if you were to tend to my wound." A tame smile found it's way to his lips, just as he dipped his head as she questioned his name. "I'm called Kovarro, at your service." He was carefully aware of his extremely lethal horns, making sure she was no where near the tips. "And you, M'Lady?" He had lifted his cranium now, his gaze meeting her own.

and i'll survive,
somehow i always do.

Lynette
x

Lynette could not stop herself from raising a single brow, clearly not swayed by the way he brushed off the gaping hole in his shoulder. A simple flesh wound? Is that what he was willing to call it? If that was his definition of a minor wound she would hate to see what a major one consisted of. Regardless, she admired his show of bravado. A gentle grin stretched across her ebony maw as she shook her head a bit. I believe it is a little more than that, monsieur. But your modestly continues to surprise me. She murmured in a near in audible tone.

Quietly she watched as he shifted, trained eyes spotting the pain that seemed to ripple up his arm and cause him discomfort, no matter how well he tried to hide it. The soft touch of his muzzle to her own seemed to bring her back to reality and as she turned her attention back towards the brute he had backed up to gift her with personal space once more. The words that rolled off of his tongue caused an airy laugh to bubble up within her. Well, well....I sure am lucky to have come across such a gentleman.

As the crimson drake bowed his head and presented his name to her she tasted the word upon her lips. Kovarro... Lynette mimicked as her french dialect tickled and teased the name's pronunciation just a tad. It was a lovely name, one that sounded just as powerful and strong as he looked. A flirtatious smile spread across her features as the vixen herself took a single step forward. Outstretching the bend of her wing, Lynette caressed the underside of the dragon's jaw until the tip slid off of his chin. Lynette de vigouroux, imperial grand duchess of the d'Havrincourt kingdom. But you can call me Lynette.

Her visage hovered dangerously close to his own as her smile bloomed into a smirk. Retracting her wing back to her side the dragoness turned about, allowing her hip to bump against the uninjured side of Kovarro's shoulder. Come now...lets tend to that wound of yours. Periwinkle eyes peered over her shoulder for a moment before Lynette began to walk off in the direction of sildr lake.

forsaken