Fimbulvetr

Ren

Character OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Björn & Lirr

Couple OTS

Private the laws of gods and men.

There had been much exploring since the night Björn had spent with the three strangers in a hot spring deep within the territory of Trggyr. A place where was seemingly governed by someone, but the question was... who? It had been since that very night that a feeling tugged at him constantly, although he did his best to ignore it, it had been no use. His needs to know about the mysterious 'esteemed fighter' was far too great. He wasn't much a fan of being in the dark about well, anything, really. He most definitely liked to know things, a great deal of things. Knowledge was everything, or so his brother used to say. A quick thought was given to Valor's memory, hoping that he was truly at peace, wherever he was.

Although the male had been rather tight lipped about who he was, along with his two seemingly friends that night, not everyone within the kingdom of Tryggr had been so hush hush. Matter of fact, all it had taken was a little gold to get one rather shady man to talk. It was like Björn had hit the jack pot, for the dubious male had not only given the Sovereign's name, but described him as well. Nodding a thank you, the piebald brute had been off on his way with a subtle grin. His suspicions had proven correct, but that was of no surprise to him. His gut was usually right about things like that.

Andante. He repeated in his thoughts, going over what the man looked like. It matched the appearance of the man he had met with that night. Before leaving the hold, he had spoken to one of the guards, questioning the whereabouts of their Sovereign. Just as he figured, they wouldn't give him any details and urged him to request a meeting, but all Björn did was thank them and he went on his way. There was one of two ways this could go; one, it could very well get back to Andante that someone was asking about him and the Sovereign would seek him out himself. Or two; Björn would eventually come face to face with the man if he went searching.

Beginning his search, he sought off to wander aimlessly throughout the territory. "Andante... come out, come out wherever you are." He cooed into the breeze, keeping a casual walk.

if you're gonna stand,
stand like giants.

Andante
x

Tag: @[Björn]

I KNOW THERE'S BEEN STIGMA 'ROUND ME,
I KNOW YOU HEARD THINGS ABOUT ME ―
Autumn was finally here and with its mild chilly winds it brought the promise of winter within the coming weeks. It felt like summer had lasted no time here in the great valley. With a taunt flick of his leonine tail the garnet haired boy came down from his throne on high to meander through the lower region of berg-risi. Cloven hooves picked their way down the treacherous mountain pass that would certainly claim the life of those without an untrained eye to tryggr's tricky paths and crumbling rocks. Turning his attention toward the sun he noticed it dipping just behind the horizion to signal the forthcoming of night.

Time to go on my rounds... Of course he trusted that his guards would do their jobs of patrolling the perimeter, but there was nothing wrong having an extra pair of eyes. That, and he refused to be the type of king that lounged around while his subordinates labored to do all of the work. A gentle sigh billowed from the young sovereign's nares as he rounded a corner. The two guards posted there proceeded to right themselves, standing tall and poised in his presence. Make sure to send an extra group out to check the northern boarder. Andante murmured as he came to a halt before his kingsmen.

Aye, Konge. As you wish. The dappled hued soldier uttered with a respectful bow. The other mirrored his companions movements, quick to utter something as well. Of course, your grace. The hellhound nodded his head once before turning upon rubine hooves to continue on his way. He planned on checking the southern edge of the territory himself. Setting off at a brisk walk he by passed several denizens as they prepared to bed down for the night. Yet the scent of an outsider just beyond his reach caught his attention immediately. With all the grace and elegance of a predator the boy prowled forth, coming from in behind a tall brutish drake.

Recognizing the stranger caused a sneer to pull at his maw, exposing more than just he dual set of fangs that already naturally kept themselves exposed to the world. Crimson eyes burned like hellfire as he briefly wondered why Tywin did not send the hulking male on his way after their previous engagement. Did he think he could simply roam the place however he pleased? However, the sound of his name leaving the male's lips forced him to swallow down a feral lupine growl. How did he know his name? Everyone throughout the kingdom knew better than to expose him to outsiders.

Tywin had sworn not to give him away so his next guess flew to Lirr. The ebony pegasus was awfully chummy with the one named Bjorn during their time within the hot springs. If he had told the stranger his name he would feel compelled to bite the other boy's head off. However, he knew that he could give Lirr more credit than that, after all, Lirr did not speak his name before. Gritting his teeth he remained where he stood, metaphorically beating his rising temper back down. He bared the weight of an entire kingdom upon his shoulders and with that he was solely responsible for the safety of his people.

Coming out from around the corner the boy took several commanding steps forward after making sure he was rather neutral in his outward appearance. A rather nifty little technique, mastering the art of facades. Enjoying your walk around the kingdom, stranger?
000 words. tagged. Björn
Tag: @[Andante]

The very little hair that the piebald brute possessed began to raise ever so slightly, he was getting that 'someone is watching' feel. Audits twitched to and fro in an attempt to listen sharply to his surroundings; he was still in unfamiliar territory. Sure, he had been here once or twice, the first being his stumble upon the males within the mysterious cave soaking in a hot spring. One of those males being the very reason to why he was still lingering; more specifically the one who remained unnamed. A sly grin came to his lips the second the familiar voice hit his drums; audits now laying back against his cranium, Björn pulled it back and turned his visage a tad, glancing behind him at the corner of his optics. "Ah that voice, it blesses me with presence." He teased, knowing it was quite possible that he was walking on thin ice. It was only then that he halted his forward movement. Figuring that was the best thing.

He began to turn to face the young male, one brow cocked upward. "I am quite enjoying my stroll around your kingdom, yes." Keeping his stance, he refrained from walking toward the newly discovered ( to him, at least ) Sovereign. "It's fascinating what information you can buy from someone desperate enough." He cooed, curling his mass of tail around to the right side of himself, flicking the arrowhead tip like a cat focused on its prey. Of course, not that Björn thought of this instance as that; he was just amused. "I must say, you are far more paranoid of your true title that anyone I have ever met. Why is that?" His voice was now sincere, riddled with concern. Was there something else he didn't know? Was someone hot on his heels after him? It was quite ridiculous in his mind.

Anyone who held such power, they wished for it to be well known.

"It explains the women yearning for your attention. That's for certain." A chuckle followed his words gracefully, "I assure you, I mean no harm Andante. I come in peace to you and your people." Another pause came, accompanied with a heavy sigh as he took a hesitant step forward, then halted. His hellfire optics searched the male's matched gaze. "I seek residence, if you shall allow it." Lids closed as cranium lowered, lowering in a respectful bow.

if you're gonna stand,
stand like giants.

Andante
x

Tag: @[Björn]

I KNOW THERE'S BEEN STIGMA 'ROUND ME,
I KNOW YOU HEARD THINGS ABOUT ME ―
The aristocratic male remained silent as the piebald man turned about with a teasing tone upon his lips as if they were old friends participating in witty banter. However, Andante's expression remained stoic. His fangs threatening to clench together as more words spilled forth. So, he happened to bribe someone for his name and status. Dark thoughts plagued the boy's mind for a moment as he wondered just who would be desperate enough to rat him out. Woe unto that man if they were apart of his own kingdom. Especially after how hard he slaved away to keep them all in comfort and well protected.

The deceit, the betrayal. He would need to pull Hel aside later and speak with her over the matter or perhaps Tywin. Lest Naveed gains an extra meal. He would not stand to have traitors in his domain, not if he could help it. Bjorn's cooing caused the younger stag to narrow his hellfire eyes a tad. Was that a threat, a taunt? The length of his leonine tail lashed behind him once before falling still again. Yet he could not bring himself to dwell on it further after hearing the drake's next stream of words. Paranoid? No he was far from it.

His mind's eye flashed back to the day his mother lost both her and his father's throne. Nightingale was prideful of her position as queen. She boasted and threw her weight around while Abrin quietly and strategically ruled alongside her. Her boldness gained her many unnecessary enemies. One that was able to topple the unicorn from her reign on high and exile her and himself from the iron valley while Abrin and his twin brother were allowed to stay. If there was anything he learned that day, it was that arrogant boastful fools never lasted long. Much like his father, Andante preferred to work in the shadows and pull his strings from there.

After all, a concealed target is much harder to hit than a vibrant, flashy one. Quietly the hellhound simply allowed his gaze to skim the opposing male over, glancing at him from top to bottom. Bjorn's voice had dropped into a softer tone laced with obvious concern. But why did he care? They hardly knew one another, unless the stallion had some sort of ulterior motive. It genuinely confused him to no end. I have my reasons. Andante stated flatly as his tail gave another minor flick. Again, like before, a silence fell over the wolf grey stag as the newcomer proceeded to chuckle over their previous conversation at the springs.

The crimson haired boy remained where he stood as the piebald stallion bowed his head to him. To bow, for even a moment, was to completely expose oneself to another. Another contemplative thought ensued as his brows pulled together briefly. Very well. He uttered finally after some time. Only to as a question of his own after curiosity nagged at him long enough. But I wish to know why. Why tryggr and not one of the other houses? Did he feel as if he had something to bring to the table? Did the mountainous region remind him of some fond place in his memories? He wanted to know.
000 words. tagged. Björn
Tag: @[Andante]