Character OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Björn & Lirr

Couple OTS

Private fond memories

I'm the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable, I am an original
Cream colored hooves pranced along at a leisurely pace along the heightened grasses growing all throughout the vast plains of Grœnn. The soothing tune of birdsong and spotting young fawns bounding along side their mothers were all telltale signs that summer and it pleasant weather was finally here. Tipping his head slightly skyward the towering weanling colt took a deep inhale. Greedily he held the refreshing within his lungs, savoring its scent before exhaling with a small smile upon amethyst velveteen lips.

Within a few more strides the boy reached the waters edge, to which he simply paused to gaze at its surface as motes of light danced upon it. Dragonflies zipped about as frogs and other creatures sung their summer serenade. The look if the water itself brought back memories of elysium and all the various faces he'd come across. His timid mother Psykhe, tyrannical father Renegade, his multitude of half siblings the broken shell of Rowan, several strangers and then Bjorn. No matter his personal experience with them, whether good or bad, he often wondered how they all were faring.

A thoughtful sigh fell from his lips as purple lids shielded aquamarine eyes. With a soft shake of his head he dismissed the memories currently plaguing his mind. There was no possible way to tell if he'd ever run into any of them again, it had been so long. Lowering his nape, Xzavier took another step or two until he stood within the lake itself. From there he proceeded to take a small drink, taking it upon himself to just relax for once. That is until he heard a soft rustling in the distance. Picking his head up quickly several beads of crystal clear water ran off of his chin as he searched about. H..hello? Who's out there?

Björn

forsaken
━ LIFE DOESN'T DISCRIMINATE BETWEEN THE SINNERS AND THE SAINTS
IT TAKES AND IT TAKES AND IT TAKES
Tag: @[Xzavier]

Information 

The deep onyx hide glistened against the sun's rays due to a sheen of sweat, the heat here was definitely not something that he had ever been used to. His people came from the frozen depths, he had always tried to stay closer to where it was cooler. Here, however, within Fimbulvetr, Björn found the heat reached just about everywhere at this time of year. Now of course, he had been sarcastically told, "Well helloo, it is summer." Which was rewarded with a rare eye roll from the behemoth brute. He knew it was summer, but it just wasn't a summer that he was necessarily used to. But alas, he soldiered on and was slowly adapting to the extreme temperature. Someone had told him to go to the Wastelands, he'd find it even worse there. The very thought caused him to sweat more, he just shook his head and chuckled in response. He had learned that was home of the Exiles. Somewhere I'm sure Valor would find himself, one way or another... if he was here. His mind was never far from his brother. And the very realization of that struck a depression into his roots. Nothing would ever be the same for him without that bastard.

One step after another, bringing colossal hooves down into the soft ground, fiery optics took in the wide open field in front of him. His mass of a tail curled to the side of him, hind muscles tensed as he picked up his pace. Audits perked forward, then twitched to the sides. It had been a long - he couldn't even remember the last time he just cut himself loose. To just... run. Nape arched, he secured his massive wings to his side as he quickened his pace to a lope, feeling his muscles begin to set ablaze, Björn cut the ties. The next thing he realized, everything was going by in a blur. He was running as quick as someone his size could, his hooves brought a thundering presence. The feeling of the wind blasting his face exhilarated him. All he could think was that he wanted more, so much more. A small leap in mid-run, he came back down to the ground and did it once more, this time wings outspread, stretched to their max as he continued at his pace; he felt entirely free.

However his fun didn't last much longer, for he began to tire. His muscles burned from the intense work out, his joints ached only a hint. Wings found themselves folded once more at his side, tail now dragging along behind him as he calmly and quietly headed toward the smell of fresh water. Björn definitely needed a drink, his heart was still pounding in his chest. He came to a small line of trees and bushes, he lowered his head in hopes of not getting knocked out by the trees as he pushed his way through. Optics caught the colorful figure of someone else, however that was not of his concern at the moment. His body - his throat - screamed for water. He kept on his track, lowering his maw as he approached the heavenly waters, sucking the liquid in the second his lips hit the surface. Audits twitched with every gulp. A few seconds, although it felt like forever, he pulled up only inches above the surface. His black tongue pushed to the top of his mouth as he continued to swallow down his mouthful of water. Crimson optics turned to see just who was near him, who had been just too damn thirsty to acknowledge prior.

Those colors... Brows furrowed at the thought, he licked his lips, molars grinding in the process as he took a step back from the bank. "You look familiar." He just couldn't think of why, but it was nagging at him something fierce.

Don’t ever take a single second to breathe,
They’re gonna send me on a murdering spree.
Björn Morro
Tag: @[Björn]

The rustling started off softly until they grew and morphed into mild earthquake like tremors. He could feel the ground trembling under hoof as his mauve visage snapped int the direction all the commotion happened to be coming from. As if announcing his presence with thunderous steps Xzavier watched as a massive piebald stallion came shuffling forth, nearly commanding the very gounds he tread upon. Or so he would have looked if the draconic like being didn't thrust his nose into the cool water he himself had been drinking from. Awestruck, the vibrant boy remained glued to his spot, all parts of him were practically screaming for him to run as fast as he could.

But there was a familiarity to this stranger he could not quite shake, and after another second or two of wide eyed staring a flicker of a memory came to him. Of a large hulking stallion and a not so small bear cub ambling about him on a starlit night. He remembered the man agreeing to help him find Rowan when she had first escaped from the iron valley full to the brim of crimson roses. It was not until the other spoke that he realized he never said anything at all. Blinking light blue eyes once then twice Xzavier dipped his head apologetically. A..ah sorry, I don't mean to stare. But you look familiar too...

He finished his soft sentence, letting his voice die upon the gentle summer breeze before finally tipping his visage ever so slightly to one side. Is...your name by any chance Bjorn? The youth inquired as his brows began to knit together thoughtfully as if piecing together some challenging mental puzzle. You kinda look like him...but I don't remember him having wings. He murmured more so to himself that to the man standing across from him. It wasn't possible for others to change so drastically, was it?

Björn

forsaken

sold my soul from heaven into hell,
and i'm as sick as my secrets.
There seemed to be a mutual silence of possible recognition between the two; while the young man dived into a memory, Björn had his own remembrance of events. He had simply been on his rounds of patrol near the borders of his home and the neighboring territory, when a very color foal came blasting at him. And literally ramming into him. It had been quite the sight, especially to see the boy back away in utter fear.

Although, back then Björn realized he had looked quite different. A thing that ran deep in his family's bloodlines; they had phases. His older brother happened to reach all three of his, rendering his appearance more of a dragon than of an equine. Björn, however, was simply on the second to last. What triggers them, you ask? Traumatic experiences, mainly. Something that pushes their genetics to evolve and answer the call for a more aggressive need. You'd think that everyone of their bloodline would push themselves to attain maximum draconic level, right? It wasn't as simple as that. The further you evolved, the more of yourself became lost. The amount of aggression and savage needed to fill the body was not worth it. At least, it wasn't to Björn. The darker you fell and unfortunately that had been the fate of Valor. It drives them mad; which is what happened to their father, at least from what Valor had said. He had been to young himself to remember much of that day.

Lids blinked a few times as audits moved forward to listen to the boy's hesitant words. It was the sound of his voice that pinged his mind as even more familiar, causing a gentle smile to grow upon his lips. He allowed for Xzavier to ponder for a bit, until he finally mentioned his name. A nod and a chuckle followed the colt's observation. "Memory serves you partially right," His elegant onyx mane blew with the breeze, the piebald brute straightened himself to his full height. "I did have wings then, they just weren't so..." He took a brief glance back at the feathered lined, otherwise leather wings that held metal framework. "Well, intimidating, I guess." He finished with a slight shrug, his pupil-less fiery optics laying on the vibrant boy once more.

"Xzavier, right?" It was then Björn remembered more of that night and how he had helped Xzavier look for a woman, Rowan. Oh, did he remember of her fondly. Her exhilarating spots, that fiery attitude. Oh. Just thinking of it gave him goosebumps. He glanced around, hoping to see her with him - but he couldn't pick up what he could recall of her scent. "And where's Rowan? Why are you out here alone, son?" He questioned with deep concern, he seemed still far too young to be alone. At least alone for very long, anyhow.
but i'm never gonna tell.

Xzavier Offline

Eng Commoner

• Age & Season: 1 Spring ✿
  • Height: 18.1hh
  • Arcana: Dark matter
  • Level: Apprentice
  • Lineage: Settler
  • Species: Equine
  • Crystals: 150
  • Played By: Kagome

So it was him after all! The boy allowed a small genuine smile to grace his mauve features, happy to see someone from his past that he actually had a positive encounter with. It seemed like forever ago, their meeting way back in the lands of elysium. But Bjorn was here now, and that was all that mattered to him. After another second or two went in passing he tilted his head again, wearing a puzzled expression. Gingerly the boy stepped around the hulking brute of a stallion, looking behind him and then doing the same on the opposite side. When he found nothing he took several steps back, craning his neck to gaze up at him. Where's your bear friend?

He was poised to ask more, but stopped abruptly when met with several questions of his own. Yeah that's my name. You have really good memory mister Bjorn. However, the smile he wore melted at the mention of a certain crimson rose wearing mare. Purple harks fell against the ivory of his mane as he absently kicked at a smooth river stone, sending the rock tumbling into the lake. Oh...I. I lost track of her again. His voice was but a mere whisper as he internally begged it not to crack from sorrowful emotion threatening to bubble up.

Cerulean eyes betrayed him as they began to fill with water, tears that he dared not to let overflow. He thought that he would have been numb to this by now. The feeling of losing those he happened to grow close to. After all, it happened every single time without fail. But no matter how much he wanted to lay down and cry for her, for his mother, he could not allow himself to do so in the face of company. Forcing a bit of a half smile Xzavier turned his attention back to the piebald male a strained chuckle fell from his lips. I hope i'll find her again. But in the meantime, there are some really nice folks here that have taken me in. One of them is even trying to help me find her.

Blinking back tears he swayed a bit on his hooves trying to direct the conversation into a more positive light. He loved Rowan and would never stop trying to look for her, but he did not want to drag Bjorn's mood down with him. S..so, how have you been. It's umm...its been quite some time, you know?

Björn

forsaken

Björn Offline

Nonpartisan

• Age & Season: 12 Winter ❅
  • Height: 20hh
  • Arcana:
  • Level: Dormant
  • Crystals: 0
  • Played By: Boaz

sold my soul from heaven into hell,
and i'm as sick as my secrets.
A thin wave of confusion lingered over the piebald brute for a moment or two as he observed the young boy peer around his hulking figure, as if looking for something. An ear twitched backward, Is something behind me? Just as he went to glance, a question had emerged from Xzavier. It was at that moment when his massive heart plummeted into his throat, he could feel warm tears begin to well up around the edges of his fiery optics. A pouty lip may had begun to form as well. He could feel the inside of his lip, scraping against his sharpened fangs, however thankfully it didn't bother him. With a heavy sigh, Björn curled his mass of a tail around the front of him, resting it upon the soft ground. Audits laid gently backward, with a hefty plop, the behemoth beast had sat back on his hindquarters, his left rear limb folded underneath his belly, the other to the side of him. His front limbs held straight, supporting the rest of his weight. He was sure this was quite the sight, a creature such as himself sitting like a dog in front of a very colorful child.

"I lost him sometime ago," He breathed, his head lowered slightly in sadness. With the awkward positing he put himself in, Björn couldn't keep his wings clung tightly to his sides as normal, but he didn't care much at the moment. He allowed them to sort of hang loosely around him, draping over the ground. However, just like life, their conversation went on. He looked up from staring at the ground, perking a gentle smile upon his maw as the boy spoke, complimenting Björn on his memory. I remember far more than I ever care to, boy. He sadly thought, blinking a few times to rid himself of it. "As do you for such a young one, Xzavier. My memory comes with a lifetime worth of adventures." He had leaned in slightly, winking at him with a smirk now plastered on his lips. It was when he noticed the features on the boy fall, that his own followed. He watched as Xzavier inattentively kicked a solo rock, continuing to watch as it tumbled into the waters.

Sorrow slammed him all over again.

Nares flared as he exhaled heavily, his shoulders widened and fell. Björn kept listening to him, thinking back to the first time meeting Xzavier. he had been so anxious, so afraid. Finding Rowan had been crucial that night - he remembered with ease just how much that woman meant to this kid. Her beautiful figure danced into his mind again, causing another exhale to audibly leave his nares, however this time it was a mixture of anguish and delight. Attention went back to his company as he spoke again, he could just hear depression in his voice. He rocked back and forth twice before he heaved himself back upon all fours, Björn closed the small gap that stood between the two. He idled up next to Xzavier, lifting his leather wing, he allowed it to fall on the other side, draping him. With his wing, he pulled the young man close to him, pressing him up against his side. Lowering his nape, he turned his head down to get a side glance at him.

"You have a good head on those shoulders, Xzavier. Don't you forget that. Loss is apart of life, as unfortunate as it may seem, it's what helps us grow. To become balanced. As you just said yourself, you may not have Rowan at your side right now... however, you have other wonderful people there for you." He breathed for a moment, nudging his maw to touch the boy's in a gentle manner. "You will lose much more in your life," Another pause, his thoughts wandered back to Valor, and his heart skipped. He felt nauseated, but he just closed his lids tightly. The pain was outstanding from the loss of his brother. "But you can never let that consume you. You shape yourself around it, allow it to enter your life, experience it, and then push on. Life is far too short and much too precious to dwell on anything negative." At this point, Björn wasn't entirely sure if this pep talk was more for Xzavier or himself.

Regardless, he knew it was needed.
but i'm never gonna tell.

Xzavier Offline

Eng Commoner

• Age & Season: 1 Spring ✿
  • Height: 18.1hh
  • Arcana: Dark matter
  • Level: Apprentice
  • Crystals: 150
  • Played By: Kagome

The boy could not tell if he found the current topic of conversation with the massive male fortunate or not. On one hand, it was unfortunate because he didn't want Bjorn to feel sorry for him. He never intentionally wanted any form of sympathy when it came down to talking about those lost over time. However, the words that fell from the draconic male's lips seemed to be what he needed to hear. As a vast leathery wing both draped and pulled him closer Xzavier found himself toddling forward, a bit unsure of the man's intentions until realizing it was meant to be a comforting hug.

Salt water threatened to gather and spill all over again as the vibrant child leaned against him. Blinking his blurry vision back into clarity he tilted his head to look upon Bjorn's face. Loss truly was apart of life, he had come to learn that all too well. But to grow from it? To lean from it and learn to accept it. He never took the time to stop and think about it in such a way. The length of his ears fell against his mane thoughtfully as he gave a shallow nod of his head. Yes sir... He murmured in a low tone, still trying to wrestle his emotions back into submission. Thank you for the advice. I...I guess I needed that.

Little did he know, he would need to put that advice into practice much sooner than he thought. Gingerly he took several steps back before casting a sidelong glance over his shoulder and then returning it back to Bjorn. I also wanted to ask, how long have you been here mister? Did you have to go through that giant tree too? He was referring to the bifrost, but had no idea the true name of the magical labyrinth.

Björn (sorry this is crappy)

forsaken