Couple OTS

Open with sunshine on your tongue

ra
here
comes
the
sun
doo dun doo doo
In recent weeks the lands of Mythos had grown peculiarly quiet. Where once meadows had swarmed with life, creatures of every type and size, they now lay desolate, empty.

Ra wore an expression that rarely graced his face. In place of his usual wistful smile was a troubled frown. He missed his friends, did not know where they had gone, and was quite unsure what to do with himself in their absence. A pile of intricate flower crowns teetered dangerously over his ears, balanced there and held together only by emerald twine he found in a jungle earlier on. He'd been planning to head to the market to sell them along with the matching bracelets (also worn in abundance on both front legs), but realised halfway there that his efforts would likely be futile. They often were, as he would end up giving the crowns away out of kindness anyway, but the apparent desertion of his homeland called for a different kind of futility.

With his head held low - yet still with the bridge of his nose parallel to the heavens as to not disturb the tower of floral accessories - Ra swept through the empty grasses of lands he once loved. He breathed a hefty sigh and watched the white mist swirl into the air in front of him.

But... wait.

Why was his breath not disappearing into the ether? It, in fact, seemed to be getting bigger, darkening, opening up like some kind of cloud portal. Another meadow seemed to show through the mist. It was empty, too, but within its swaying grasses were wildflowers of every colour. Ra gasped. He wasted no time in stepping through the mist, quite unsure of what to expect, and found himself within the new landscape, next to a colossal tree.

The marwari took a while to collect his thoughts, quite befuddled at how he had ended up somewhere entirely new and unknown simply by stepping through a cloud of fog. Eventually, having collected himself,  he came to examine the tree and, consequently, inspect the large opening that the twisting, gnarled roots presented.

Well, there seemed to be nothing else around.

Tentatively, Ra stepped through the curious doorway and into darkness. His heart pounded so fast he would've sworn he could hear it, but there seemed to be no option besides travelling forwards and seeing what awaited him. If anything...

@ anyone / well, haven't posted this dude in a hot minute please excuse the sloppiness !
code by bailu / image by artistic-pineapple
Tag: @[Ra]

"How many times must we come here?" her delicate voice whispered as wheat hooves tip toed through the darkness. Spring had all but set upon the Valley, the snow having finally melted (mostly) away, and with it the world seemed a little less dark. Both figuratively and literally, of course. Cloud coverage seemed little as of late as the dampened sod squelched beneath her hooves even here, beneath the massive tree. Her curved audits slipped back along the curvature of her bald nape; that hazelnut, gold, and peat pelt of hers lustrous with the bath she'd enjoyed some hours earlier. Before her, geometric black motes filtered through the root walls, flowing in ambiguous shapes and sizes that ebbed and flowed around her with contented ardor (he had enjoyed the bath as well, still quite emotive in his silent, spiritual state).

Her bright eyes of green, ecru, and gilt watched him with a twinge of ire, but mostly affection. They'd already tested this place again and it seemed disinterested in taking Jakob - or her powers, she assumed - away again. She assumed, as she assumed he did as well, that there may be no danger here in this wretched, dark place. Her marbled legs stepped gingerly along the slick dirt floor, the shine of her freshly washed hooves hidden beneath a new layer of grim she'd have to wash again. But her gaze flicked back to her late beloved, who'd snapped into a vague image of his former self, and stood some distance further down the path just at the precipice of her channeling. A blushed grin rose upon her khol kissed lips. Jakob wouldn't mind another show anyways. She came upon him, the strange hive of abyssal black motes pulling apart so she passed through him but not through him. Like ants they crawled silently along the tunnel walls, rising and falling with every crook and crevice. Just as she would have chastised him for his unrelenting silence she truly saw him, saw the state of him, and was grimly reminded that she would not ever hear him again.

Drawing a deep inhale into her lungs to try and quaff the sudden and surging rise of emotion in her chest, the quite clear aroma of flora wafted through the ever circulating air in the cavernous labyrinth. LaLaurie came to an immediate halt, images of the Stranding estate's vast gardens rolling like captured images through her mind, before a constricted breath of air finally slipped from her lips. Flowers? Here? Those audits, once pinned, rose now with a rising curiosity and listened closely. Faint steps.... ever so faint. They were withdrawn, melancholy. Spirits knew she'd heard enough from her own four hooves. Jakob's motes slipped from the walls, creeping like spiders along the floor and up her nimble legs in long tendrils of near-black, before they dotted both the two gifts of his she'd been able to keep: the tattered white sash and golden necklace. "Hello?"

W C: 495
T A G: Ra
M U S E:4/5
V O I C E: Adrienne Ho
O O C: Don't mind if I dooooo~
Image: Sora5005
Stock: ayashige-doodles | mcbadshoes
Table and Coding: Raven
powerplay allowed
within reasonable limits!
Tag: @[LaLaurie]

ra
here
comes
the
sun
doo dun doo doo
Frankly, it was in Ra's nature to be near-terrified of the dark. One would assume that, in a situation such as this, he would be rather useless in finding a way out and instead overcome with shakes and trembles. Today seemed to be no ordinary circumstance, however. There was something oddly calming about the dark and the smell of damp. Not quite comforting, but neither was it disconcerting or uncomfortable.

The stallion trundled on, tilting his head and sweeping his gaze over the few shapes he could make out on the muddied ground. His vision was mostly clouded in black, obscured so much in fact that he kept bumping into the sides of the... what? Tunnel? But each time he did so, Ra simply let out a soft breath, almost a chuckle, and continued on.

It didn't take long for the silence to become deafening - only broken by the regular, rhythmic tread of Ra's hooves. He was about to begin humming a soft tune to break the quiet when the voice of another broke it first. It called out, questioning - questioning... him?

Ra couldn't tell where the voice came from but responded anyway, directing his answer in front of him with no idea whether this was the right direction. "Hello?!" his tone was both cheery and apprehensive at once, though he mostly wondered if the darkness would eventually lessen and he'd be able to see the stranger. "Who are you...? And, um, where are you...?" his voice grew a touch more anxious, likely down to the imminent meeting of a stranger. Would she be a friend? He'd very much like her to be, but making friends was never his strong suit (even despite his naturally bubbly, naive nature).

LaLaurie / omg this is such codswallop i'm really having to get back into RP style writing again lol
code by bailu / image by artistic-pineapple
Tag: @[Ra]

There was no immediate response, and why would there be? Would any sane equine really respond back to a stranger's voice while lost in a labyrinth? No one could speak of the intentions of this new party, and LaLaurie thought themselves both foolish for partaking anyways - for a response did in fact follow. There was a tightness to the curious questions left dangling in the air for her, one that spoke of the distrust they both should harbor. But had no one come in to fetch her from this place, and had she not put that trust of hers in that strange dual headed individual, the widowed mare was sure she'd have never seen the other side. Hazel orbs strained through the darkness for purchase, an absent step bringing her deeper into the belly of the beast as her bald nape snaked her visage about in her investigations. "My name is LaLaurie, stranger." She declared into the phantasms and their cool, gossamer touch.

Jakob's motes buzzed at her accessories in an illustration of his own inquisitiveness on this new face - no, voice. Those golden ecru eyes of hers, dashed with peridot, sank to him a moment before staring vaguely resolute back into the abyss. "Are those your flowers I am smelling?" her satin lyrics bade, another few steps drawing her deeper into the tunnel though it left any sense of visibility behind her. Again her eyes dropped down her the harsh, lacerating darkness that consumed her form. Jakob's motes were no more discernible here than if she'd had her eyes closed. But her muzzle bobbed up once, forcing her sharp eyes back into oblivion to help the wayward traveling. Perhaps their faceless conversation could prove as helpful as his floral scent. "They smell lovely, I think I could follow them to you, though..." her voice drifts low as her hoof clacks upon a root. A moment she probs at the space before her, each time resulting in a dull thud of barked tendrils. She followed the wall until it arched. All that met here was an all consuming black. "I fear it would be foolish of me to follow it. Could you follow my voice? I still see light from here. I could get us out."

Finally she ceased, her now useless orbs glancing down to the location where her hooves should be. Away from the immediate tunnel that had led her this far, the cold of the subterranean labyrinth settled deeper into the thin coat of her marbled hide, and she wondered just how chilled the stranger was. But the silence was heavy, and she offered another string of words that would hopefully reach far enough to pull the unseen closer. "What's your name?"

W C: 455
T A G: Ra
M U S E:4/5
V O I C E: Adrienne Ho
O O C: Actually diggin' this right now
Image: Sora5005
Stock: ayashige-doodles | mcbadshoes
Table and Coding: Raven
powerplay allowed
within reasonable limits!
Tag: @[LaLaurie]