Fimbulvetr

Ren

Character OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Björn & Lirr

Couple OTS

Event Dancing's Not a Crime

Lirr was unfamiliar with the culture and festivals of the valley, every place had their own religions and traditions, but who was he to shy away from a celebration? There wasn't as harsh a sting in the air tonight as he drew closer to the lake he first arrived at. One foot after the other, he ebbed towards the familiar sound of cheer and music, the soft glow of bonfires emitting a warm aura between the trees as they opened u around the edges. His face lit of up with joy at it all. Around the lake, groups gathered in a time of peace and celebration. Music filled the air, the smell of what he can only assume is alcohol wafting past his nose and he'd surely go investigate later or maybe someone would bring him some if he asked nicely, but he was focused on one thing and one thing only right now. THE SONGS! Oh how he had longed to hear music again, to just revel in the notes and let them move through him. A visible chill ran through his body as he stood at the edge of the trees, orange glow glittering across his obsidian pelt and igniting a fire in his heart he'd so desperately held onto since coming to this forsaken valley.

Little Lirr bounded through the crowd of strangers without a second thought and they seemed unbothered, perhaps even welcoming of his excitement. Did he know this song? Not at all, probably something native to the lands here, but he didn't care. He spread  one wing up and one out, forcing confused parties back a bit, making space for himself as he jumped right into something so familiar to him. It was as natural as breathing to him as he started to dance around the flames of the bonfire. Cheerful steps and bounces, swinging his hips, even his wings were in use, sweeping the ground in an elegant fashion before lifting them back up, pulling flames with him. He was a true sight to behold and despite the slight apprehension at first from onlookers, they soon began to cheer along, inspiring a handful to even join in his carefree dancing, though they never stayed up long. Most preferred to just watch and drink, leaving it to the professional. This, this here was where young Lirr belonged. Like a desert flower in bloom, he was reckless and entrancing in his dance. Little pieces of his history traveling lands far and wide melted together in this moment. The music speeding up and him following along without a second thought. He spotted one man in particular in the crowd who didn't seem as enamored with his performance, but boy was Lirr becoming enamored with him. Well, that or maybe it was just the ecstasy coursing through him in the moment. His long leonine tail swept up under the man's chin, a playful tease as he disappeared back around the other side of the bonfire, His dark hide and golden marks melting into the scenery and flame before he reappeared on the other side only to see him getting up to leave. Wanting the handsome hunk of muscle to stay, he slid up to him as the song came to an end and another took it's place. His chest heaving, he stood close, not really nose to nose, the scarred stallion towering over his small frame.

He batted his lashes and purred "Going somewhere?" He stood tall on his front legs, his hing legs more subtly curved, posing for him as his wings furled at his sides loosely. However, his target seemed very disinterested in his advances and preferred to leave rather than humor the lithe dancer. He let out a slight sigh, yet another rejection to add to the list as he was left standing at the edge of the crowd. He turned and debated on whether he should throw himself back into dancing or find a drink to help loosen his nerves.
Tag: @[Lirr]

Smiling serenely as always, Higurashi stepped out from the shadowed sidelines, where she had watched the entire spectacle from entrancing start to disappointing finish. "Don't be sad," she remarked lightly in her silken smooth accent, golden eyes trailing after the retreating form of the disinterested stallion even as she approached Lirr. "That one had no music in his heart anyways, hardly fit company for as talented a dancer as you." Almost lazily she returned her gaze to the black and gold pegasus, firelight dancing in her eyes almost as spiritedly as Lirr had been just a few moments ago. She made eye contact, held it for just a moment, then dipped into an elegant bow as she introduced herself. "Higurashi Kagura, lady priestess of Vromme," she purred. "Hajimemashite."

The sunset-styled femme had clearly taken the care to dress her part for the festive occasion, draped in lavishly embroidered formal silks that she carefully smoothed as she straightened from her bow. Though it paled in complexity and flamboyance to the ensemble she had paraded at the Ambrosius ball in autumn, it was nonetheless awash in painted snow, bamboo, and crane motifs of winter, cascading down behind her in a dancer's train. In the firelight cast from the distance, it glimmered brightly in crimson and gold against a black silk background. A thick white fur was draped over her shoulders for warmth, and the gold obi, cleverly styled to minimize the swell of her pregnancy, was tied in a relatively simple knot. Even her violet tresses had been swept up again into an elegant up-do, no longer dripping with silver and amber ornaments but now sporting elegant pins of polished tortoiseshell. The traditions here might have been foreign to her, but the celebrating of seasons' passage and the arrival of spring - now this the priestess knew very well, and in her culture that involved lavish dresses, feasts for the eyes, and much prayer and worship.

Worship, of course, involved song and dance, and though Lirr's lively, carefree style was so very different from her own, Higurashi knew a natural dancer when she saw one. Lirr might not have taken so kindly to the strictly controlled, heavily stylized method that Kagura had been taught, but his sense of rhythm, musicality, and athleticism was magnetizing to behold. She had not even needed her supernaturally enhanced empathy to tell that the man he had been chasing had not a shred of such artistry in his soul. "Might I ask where you learned your art?" the priestess probed, genuine curiosity shining. "I was taught a very different style myself, but yours... intrigues me."

[ tags ] Lirr
[ words ] 437
[ ooc ] Outfit references: Something along the lines of THIS, THIS, and/or THIS
Dance references if you're interested: HERE
Hajimemashite = 'nice to meet you', standard greeting

Photomanipulation: magtox
Stock: Malleni-Stock
Table and Coding: Raven
日暮神楽
ひ ぐ ら し か ぐ ら
Tag: @[Higurashi Kagura]

Standing himself back up in a more relaxed posture, his flirtatious expression melting into defeat for a brief moment. He stepped to the side of the crowd as a pleasant voice of a female greeted his ears. Golden tipped ears swiveled, his head following soon after to look at her sunset like colors and extravagant attire. 'Don't be sad' she says. That's easier said than done. It can get a little tiring always being the one doing the chasing. Sure, the occasional mare would vie for his attention, but that wasn't really his speed and no stallion really gave him the light of day when they realized he too was male. When she complimented his dancing, he gave her a soft smile and tilted his head. "Thanks." He eyed her decoration with interest. Sure, there were many here dressed up in warm furs and such this was different very unlike anyone else's attire. "You look pretty, all dressed to the nines like that, miss Higa, Higurg... Kagura." Though the word Vromme sounded strangely familiar. He wasn't sure from where though. Pushing the thought aside a moment, he reciprocated an introduction, his amethyst eyes dancing to life from the light of the fire that filled the air. "I'm Lirr. Most call me a gypsy or a nuisance." He joked. The gypsy part was true anyhow, not that he hasn't annoyed his fair share of strangers.

His gaze shifted from her to the flames before them as she inquired where he learned to dance. He recalled back to a time when he was hardly much more than a colt, begging his troupe leader to teach him how to dance. A flimsy little foal he was, tripping over his own lanky legs as he tried to mimic his teacher's movements. A hard thing to imagine seeing him dance around now, something as natural as breathing. "I've learned a lot of things from a lot of places sure, but do you ask the fire where it learned to dance?" No amount of teaching can replace heart. Once Lirr had learned that, he tossed rigid studying of certain dances to the wind and instead threw himself into the music and let it lead him.

All of a sudden, he remembered just where he'd heard the word Vromme, his head quickly turning to face the mare. "I was in Vromme earlier! Oh, what did he say? Uh, it was... Grosugr! That's what he said. Maybe you know him? Handsome fella, not much bigger than me. He had this antlers that looked like wood with these like, blue carvings on them. Kind of an angry man." He chuckled softly, recalling their meeting after landing in the frozen land.

OOC: Higurashi Kagura
Lirr dances more like THIS

The priestess did not laugh at his own self-deprecating joke, but a knowing smile did curve over her lips in a silent chuckle. "Pity," she murmured, half to herself. "I knew a gentleman or two back home who would have greatly appreciated your attention." It was no lie - with his lithe, slim dancer's physique, sashaying charm, and beautiful lace-like detailing, he would have had many admirers of men and women alike tripping over themselves back where Higurashi was from. Those with comfortable means and connections would be sending him silks to put her own attire to shame, jewels, all sorts of finery to vie for just a sweet word or a smile from him, should he care to entertain their advances. The greatest of the courtesans could hold sway over even the nobles, and were respected and regarded as such. Here, however, societal expectations and norms seemed much more rigid and disapproving of such practices. Quite unfortunate, in Higurashi's opinion. The culture had much less of an eye for beauty here, and she herself rather missed the attention of her admirers as well.

She was drawn from her reminiscing by Lirr's remark on dancing, and this time her placid calm was broken by some true surprise. His comment sounded like something straight from her own mouth; in fact, the priestess certainly recalled having made a similar such comment to another not that long ago. This time she laughed aloud, a gentle sound like the chiming of bells, and said, "No more than I ask the birds where they learned to fly, or the fish where they learned to swim. May the spirit of the flames dance in you forever, Lirr-han, and ignite your audiences' hearts. You are truly blessed."

Nor was he done with his surprises, it seemed. Higurashi hardly expected to hear the name of her own little stronghold dropped by a complete stranger, nor such a spot-on description of Kagami. She was not incensed at learning that Lirr had strayed onto her territory without her knowledge; rather, she imagined how that meeting must have gone down between coy, flirtatious little Lirr and the stony, serious, and pessimistic Kagami, and she almost laughed aloud once more. "Yes, that can be no other than our beloved Kagami-han," she confirmed, the smile audible in her highly amused tone. "I am the... Jarl, you call it here, of Grosugr - but I do prefer just the simpler title of Priestess. 'Higurashi-sama' may be difficult for you to say, but 'Lady Kagura' or 'Lady Priestess' is just fine as well." She made no further comment on his trespassing that he had (perhaps inadvertently) revealed, but rather took a moment to simply enjoy the festivities, following Lirr's gaze out towards the bonfire where the thrum of dancing, chanting, and drums resonated like a heartbeat. Even at this distance, the roar of emotions, as strong and powerful as the bonfire itself, was like an intoxicating drug to her senses, and it was only out of care for this delicate stage of her pregnancy that she refrained from joining more fully. That, and perhaps her unfamiliarity with the language in which the words were spoken, or the wildly unrestrained style of their dance. Tonight, at least, she would content herself with living vicariously through the others' emotions, and perhaps enjoy the company of this like-minded soul she had discovered in Lirr. As one forehoof tapped absentmindedly in rhythm with the beat of the drums, Higurashi couldn't resist gently ribbing her companion, "Well, what did you think? Perhaps our handsome osamurai-sama made you find Vromme more beautiful?"

[ tags ] Lirr
[ words ] 599
[ ooc ] I almost feel like I should tag Kagami for gossiping about him behind his back LOOOLLL
osamurai-sama = 'honorable sir samurai', overly formal in a joking way

日暮神楽
ひ ぐ ら し か ぐ ら

He could only dream to meet such men she mentioned.The thought of men chasing him for a chance was an amusing one and not one that he thought would change any time soon. Lirr appreciated the notion nonetheless, where ever she was from, he'd like to go someone day, but something in the back of his mind told him that would never be possible, that he was trapped here in this valley like a bird in a stone cage and the tree their keeper.

He was a bit taken by her laugh though, managing to draw such a charming 'musement from a poised mare such as her was surely a bit of a feet. She had a nice laugh too, he had to admit. It was gentle and pleasant on the ears though it's soft tune was a bit overpowered by the sounds of those celebrating around them, the beating sound of music still thrumming the once still winter air. He didn't really think too much of the phrase he'd told her about fire dancing. In the past it once held a power over him, a phrase that filled him with a sense of understanding and pride that he was able to be a part of such a thing that was his, dare he say family. They were a rag tag group of pegasus' from different walks of life, they're our dance within each of their heart. Lirr likes to believe that everyone has that fire in their soul, a sense of passion for something and no one has to understand it. Just as she said, there is no need to ask why, it simply is.

A warm feeling of pride filled his chest at her praise, but after his outburst about Vromme and the angry stallion, it sank into his stomach like a rock. As she told him that she was in fact the Jarl of where he'd met such a stranger, Lirr had expected her to greet him with at least some kind of animosity much like how the beings of Tryggr had upon his first arrival there. Learning the name of the antler's stallion didn't make up for the risk he'd taken. Well, maybe it did. Once she was done speaking, He stole a side glance at her, worried to see hwat expression she bore against him, but to his surprise and relief the priestess did not seem upset at all in his actions. In fact, the lovely Kagura seemed amused more than anything. Deciding it best not eb the topic further he left a comfortable silence fall between the two as they merely basked in the glow of it all. Granted, it didn't take long for the thrum of the music to pull on his muscles. He started to lean forward, eager to jump back into the fray considering he wasn't sure when the next chance he would get to dance would be. Before he could take that first step, her voice drug him back to the spot they'd both been standing, his head turning to her a bit of surprise in his eyes.

He didn't quite know what a 'osamurai-sama' was, but assumed she meant Kagami. "I definitely at least found him beautiful. I don't know if he's into guys or not, but I can tell he's probably not too interested in me." He joked, chuckling slightly. "I did enjoy it though, might go back and do some more exploring in the future." For the briefest moment, he forget just who he was talking to and scrambled to add onto the end "I mean, that is if its okay! I'm trying not to make it a habit of trespassing, but I'm already failing. I've managed to cross into, well, I've cross into three different kingdom's lands so far. I don't know how many there are here." Lirr was not a tight lipped individual which is probably why everyone trusts him to be honest, but no one trusts him with secrets. He has a habit of just chattering until it gets him into trouble. It wasn't until after the words came out that he realized what he'd said "But you know, maybe we can keep that between us... Not everyone is as nice as you are and I can probably get into a lot of trouble with well, everyone."

He didn't want to think about they'd skin his ebony hide alive, especially considering Vlad's history on eating people. He'd be all to eager to tear into him in a not so fun way regardless of Andante. The large pegasus mare he met was still a bit of a mystery but he hoped to go back and visit her lands in the future as well, curious how the valley and rolling hills would light up with color in spring. Would she let him come back? Maybe, but she also seemed to type to skin repeat transgressors. Shaking the thought from his mind, he blinked a few times and letting himself once again just live in the moment before him rather than a future impossible to predict. "Well, what ever happens, would you like to try dancing with me now?" He was curious what kind of dancing she knew, but was certain that she could loosen up in a time such as this regardless.

OOC: Higurashi Kagura
@Kagami is just back in Vromme sneezing profusely, lol

Higurashi was nothing if not a pleasant conversationalist, with the smoothest demeanor and a sweet tongue that rarely failed to put people at ease. Lirr could hardly be blamed for briefly forgetting about the potential risks of announcing to a Jarl that he had been wandering uninvited in her land. More guarded individuals than he had been disarmed and charmed like a snake by that smile and her soothing manner, without even the need for additional encouraging by arcanic means. When he backpedaled hastily from the mistake, the priestess merely gave him a sly sideways glance, one that left no doubt whatsoever that she knew exactly how much trouble she could get him in if she so desired. "Oh dear," she said with mock alarm, feigning a swoon even as the amusement glittered in her golden eyes. "That would be all three Houses that you have invaded - how daring of you! But fear not; my riverlands are open to all who respect its sanctity. I must invite you to dance for us sometime."

His invitation to join him in dance was a tempting one, and perhaps it showed in the way she hesitated for just a second too long, weight shifted slightly forward as though being tugged towards the music by some invisible force. But that first step was never made, the invitation never quite accepted, and instead Higurashi merely smiled apologetically and shook her head, delicate amber ornaments gleaming in her hair. "Thank you, but respectfully I decline. I am a bit indisposed at the moment, not suited for accompanying such a vigorous dance." Only the briefest of glances down at her own body, heavy with child, was any indication of what she meant. As if on cue, the drumbeat began to swell into a climax, picking up speed and intensity until the dancers seemed to spin and whirl around the bonfire in a dizzying frenzy. Their silhouettes flickered against the blaze like ghost puppets in a shadow theater, and their emotions bloomed in tandem like an exotic flower of sweet elation mixed with spicy energy, nearly palpable even at this distance. "Go on, Lirr-han," she urged gently. "Dance as you were meant to. Tonight, I will enjoy your performance from the audience."

[ tags ] Lirr
[ words ] 374
[ ooc ] A bit rushed, sorry! Didn't want to make you wait any longer

日暮神楽
ひ ぐ ら し か ぐ ら

Despite the sound of the priestess' alarm at his daring, or more accurately, foolish behavior at his trespassing on all three of the houses, the look on Lirr's face was nothing but relief. There were only three which meant he couldn't invade anyone else. It was certainly a strange thing to be relived about. "Welp, on the bright side, can't get in trouble with anyone else." It's not as if he meant anyone ill will and the sovereign of Tryggr seems to enjoy his company well enough. Speaking off, he hadn't seen Andante yet and wondered if he would come down off the mountain to enjoy the festivities. If he did, he did, if not, Lirr was sure to visit and tell him tale of the drunken festivities. He'd almost completely missed the second part, inviting him to return to her lands and perform for her herd-mates. It would be his first official performance since entering this land. Yes, he was dancing here at the festival, but that was just fun for his own sake, not really a performance though others may be inclined to disagree. There was a bit of a disappointment at her rejection to dance, but it didn't damper his mood much.

Instead, he just smiled, face still littered with joy from the excitement that swirled in the air around the bonfire. His gaze focused on her expression, he could see had wanted to, but couldn't figure out what was stopping her. Perhaps her title prevented her from partaking in such, or perhaps something else entirely. His head tilted partially, starting to open his mouth to speak, but the music suddenly swelled and his head snapped forward to see the dancers giving their all around the fire, the call of the music pulling on his heart. As if entranced, he leaned towards them, a single foot stepped forward before stopping again, looking back at her. "Well, if you're not going to dance this time, you can always enjoy the show from the front row." Motioning her to follow, he turned back towards the fire, his long wings ruffling, itching to stretch them open, but holding them close to his frame. Lirr may be on the smaller side, but he certainly knew how to be seen. Lifting his head up in a delicate arch, his long tail brushing the ground behind him as those who were in the way took a step to the side though it may be have just been out of confusion. Lifting his legs high, he prance forward, a space behind him for one to follow before the crowd closed back up. He took a short bound forward, his mass of curls bouncing as he near instantly threw himself into the beat of the drums. His dark hide against the bright light, he became a living shadow, the ever shifting light of the fire seeming to warp and even partially engulf him. If one didn't know better, they'd think a spirit had join the living in the celebration.

OOC: We can end it here if you want. Higurashi Kagura