Character OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Andbeth

Couple OTS

Open wait for it

I'm the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable, I am an original
Dark shadows crept along the edge of his vision as the young luminescent foal toddled along through the all consuming night. Every snap of twig and hoot of an owl caused a jolt from the boy who would have jumped from his pastel skin if it were possible. Surely there was nothing out to get him. Or so he wished to believe. Purple harks lay plastered against the glow of his flaxen mane as he willed himself to take continuous steps forward. Days like this he wished his appearance did not make him stick out like a sore thumb. If there really was something out there he wouldn't have been able to hide if he tried.

Xzavier swallowed, little knees threatening to knock together as he paused to get a good look at his surroundings. He stood there, trembling as he gazed up at a vast tree that seemed to swallow the sky. Stepping of to the side he looked for a possible way around, but alas, he did not find one. His heart fluttered within his chest as he considered his possible options. He could either turn around, or, he could go forward. Slowly the boy gazed over his thick shoulder, back the way he came. He knew that the snow white witch flecked with ebony spotting was not back there, he looked and searched but always came up empty.

Cerulean eyes looked ahead again, back at the massive tree and its towering roots. He had no other choice but to move forward. steeling what little resolve he had left Xzavier lifted a single cream colored hoof and placed it in front of the other until he was walking straight into the depths of the bifrost itself. It grew darker as he stepped inside, but the soft glow of his body helped to illuminate the immediate area, helping him to see the woven wood walls and ground. I think I can do this, no. I can do this...I can. The youth murmured to himself encouragingly, gazing around at the damp natural corridors.

forsaken
━ LIFE DOESN'T DISCRIMINATE BETWEEN THE SINNERS AND THE SAINTS
IT TAKES AND IT TAKES AND IT TAKES
Tag: @[Xzavier]

Perhaps it wasn't the wisest of choices to come wandering the labyrinth of the Bifrost in winter, when the root and stone underfoot was slick with ice and wolves still prowled outside. All the more so for a mare growing increasingly heavy with child, the gentle swell becoming pronounced enough for notice despite her thick winter coat. But the mysterious power of the Bifrost still called to her over the winter winds, still sang to her when all else was quiet. It still remained one of her favorite places, despite its mischief and trickery, to meditate and pray in relative seclusion, a rarity to find now in the Vromme holds. While Higurashi had not been secretive about her pregnancy, she nonetheless found herself wishing for the privacy of the old sacred grounds, where none but invited guests of the priestesses could enter and where expecting mothers could avoid the well-meaning but often bothersome questions, stares, and advice of others. She had allowed a Vromme guardsman to accompany her as far as the roots of the great tree, but there she bade him leave her and wait if he would, else return to the Southern holds. The only danger that awaited here was the Bifrost's spirit itself, and this was fast becoming familiar to her.

So familiar, in fact, that even the slightest whisper of fear and trepidation, a mere hint in the air, was enough to alert her to the presence of someone rather lost wandering the great labyrinth. Blinking in the icy gloom, Higurashi immediately struck out in search of the source, careful to watch her step for pools of hidden ice. From somewhere far away came the steady sound of water dripping into an unseen puddle, and her breath misted in the frigid air, but otherwise all was silent and dark. So it persisted for what felt like half a lifetime, until suddenly a soft glow emerged from ahead, a gentle violet light that looked more like a sputtering candle-flame than sunlight. Intrigued, Higurashi pressed onward, drawn like a moth by her curiosity. When she did round the bend and lay eyes on the gently glowing youth, the breath caught in her throat with wonder and surprise. "Oh," was all she could breathe for a second, taking in the incredible sight of the youth's violet, translucent pelt, the glowing motes in his wealth of fur. "Are you lost, Kodomo-chan? Why do you wander alone in these dark halls?"

[ tags ] Xzavier
[ words ] 410
[ ooc ] Kodomo-chan = 'child'

Photomanipulation: magtox
Stock: Malleni-Stock
Table and Coding: Raven
日暮神楽
ひ ぐ ら し か ぐ ら
Tag: @[Higurashi Kagura]

The echoing drops of water falling from hanging icicles and other suspicious sounds thrumming throughout the bifrost did not exactly help his dwindling sense of confidence. A soft brume of steely breath clouded in front of his purple nostrils before dispersing within the air. Which way was he suppose to go? Velveteen lips pulled downward to develop a frown as he looked from one path to another. Neither one of them seemed like a good idea to him but he simply could not remain where he was. He had to press on, not stand at a halt. The stilts he had for legs moved in motion as he shuffled his way past frosted ferns and frozen overhanging vines.

If he had been paying closer attention then he would have noticed the wide puddle of solid black ice just up ahead. But he didn't. Xzavier's small cream colored hoof stepped upon the slick ice, causing his front leg to thrust ahead of him. Doe eyes wide the boy tossed his other leg forward in an effort to catch himself only to make the situation worse. Bowing and bending he watched as all four of his limbs crossed against one another leaving him to flail haphazardly on the bed of ice. Ahh! Oh no, no! Sliding this way and that, his hoof finally caught the hook of a root jutting out of the ground, making him trip over himself and fall into a double roll upon soft soil.

Cringing, Xzavier kicked his long legs out from under him and pushed himself to stand. At least he was all alone within this massive tree, or so he thought. The boy's head whipped around at the sound of a soft voice and watched as a sunset body emerged from the shadows his light failed to reach. A rush of heat suddenly flooded his ears and visage. Did see see him slipping and sliding everywhere? If so, she was doing a marvelous job of not acknowledging it. Regardless, as any child should be, he was weary of the sudden appearance of the stranger. But her gentle eyes and and overall kind demeanor helped him to gauge that was was no threat.

Little purple ears pointed forward as the mysterious mare presented him with two questions. The weanling nodded vigorously as he shuffled his weight nervously from one side to the other. Y..yes. I don't know where i am, and I can't find my mama... He murmured solemnly as tears threatened to spring to his light blue eyes. H...have you seen her? She's white with little black spots and carries red roses in her hair.

Higurashi Kagura

forsaken

Peering closer at the colt, the priestess estimated him to be no older than a yearling at most, perhaps even younger despite his deceptively tall stature. He seemed to be all legs, gangly and lost-looking, and the smudges of dirt on his coat gave him an air of having stumbled through all manners of snares and tangles to become ultimately - and hopelessly - lost here. But no matter what tribulations he'd braved on the way, the boy still answered her queries with the earnest faith of the young. Only the hardest of hearts would have been able to resist that innocent, searching plea for his mother, coupled with his gleaming blue eyes.

Unfortunately, even a careful search of Higurashi's memories yielded only the disappointing, but not unexpected, conclusion that she had never so much as laid eyes on anyone of that description. The image of roses in the hair brought to mind violent memories of a black-and-white spotted mare seen briefly on a distant frozen shore, and for a moment she feared that this youth's mother had met a grisly end there - but the description was just different enough to assuage that fear. Those roses, far from being red, had been a ghostly blue, one she would not soon forget.

The priestess could offer only a sympathetic smile and a regretful shake of her head, saying, "It is truly unfortunate that I have not. But do not despair, Kodomo-chan - in the wide world beyond this place, there are many that I have not seen, and your mother may yet be waiting there to be found." Carefully, so as not to startle the glowing violet colt, Higurashi stepped around to his trembling side and gave him a gentle nuzzle to the neck, a silent reassurance that all would be well. Even as a mere gangly yearling, he already stood almost as tall as she, and it was abundantly clear that once he grew into those long pillars of legs, he would be much, much taller than the vibrantly-colored lady. But no matter his size, he was more than enough of a child to tug at her maternal heartstrings and make her gaze upon him with great fondness. With an encouraging nudge to his glowing shoulder, Higurashi urged him, "Come with me - I will show you the way out and do what I can to help you find her. My name is Kagura; have you and your mother names?"

[ tags ] Xzavier
[ words ] 406
[ ooc ] He is SUCH a sweetheart *0*

日暮神楽
ひ ぐ ら し か ぐ ら

The ever patient child waited with baited breath, clear blue eyes skimming the strangers face as he prayed for some form of miracle. Hoping that perhaps out of all the no's and sorry kid responses that maybe, just maybe this would be his big break through. Teetering upon young hooves he awaited her answer, his breath catching in his throat as she smiled but ultimately shook her head. With a heavy heart the boy found his ears falling within the ivory of his cropped mane. It was always the same answer, one way of another. She was like a phantom ebbing and flowing out of his life and he was desperate to always give chase, only for her to slip through his grasp once more.

A solemn expression washed over his features as he glanced at the ground, trying to blink back the tears that inevitably fell regardless, landing somewhere upon the ground below. Violet harks swiveled forward again, listening as she continued to speak encouraging words. In response Xzavier mustered a shallow nod of his head in agreement albeit halfheartedly. I know... He whispered, in a tone that was barely audible to even himself. I just miss her a lot, its been such a long time... Turning his visage the weanling wiped his eye upon his shoulder.

But as he looked back he found the mare now standing at his side, neck outstretched to provide him with a sense of reassurance. The gift of comfort was something the boy had been deprived of for a long time but to have it now when he needed it most helped him to keep it together for just a little longer. Taking another step closer Xzavier pressed his glowing hide against her own shades of purple and sunset whilst draping his nape over her withers in the form of a warm hug. The lost boy stayed there for a moment before taking a step back and offering her a sheepish smile. T..thank you Kagura, thank you so much.

No one had offered to help him find his mother before, but it did wonders to boost his sense of confidence. Glancing over his shoulder he turned around and began walking toward the only way forward while remaining close. She wanted to know his name? Xzavier, and my mama's name is Rowan. I'm glad i had a chance to meet you miss.

Higurashi Kagura

forsaken

She accepted his hug and thanks graciously, crooning a soft "Shh, shh, that's alright" into his glowing mane as he embraced her. He held his tears and his composure bravely though, and none spilled on her coat despite his fresh disappointment. As they set off together toward the Bifrost's exit, the priestess mulled over the names he had offered and internalized them in her memory. "Xzavier," she pronounced carefully, rolling around the unfamiliar syllables in her gentle accent. Though her mastery of the common tongue was excellent, the name was proving unwieldy. "May I call you X-chan? You can call me Miss Kagura, or Ane-ue if you wish. In my native tongue, that is how we address our elder sisters." Briefly she indicated the gentle swell of her belly with a nod, and smiling she said, "When this child is born, they can be your Imouto-chan or Otouto-chan." The thought did not even occur to her that a child from a land foreign to her own, without any of her accompanying customs and habits, might not have grown up addressing everyone like part of the family. It just seemed so natural and so endearing to Higurashi, who had grown up calling her elder priestesses Ane-ue, that this sweet colt might call her the same.

As they traveled down the twisting corridors illuminated by his own soft violet glow, a question began to arise in her mind, one that she soon posed to her young companion. "Tell me about how you came to be here," she pressed him gently, glancing over her shoulder even as she kept a careful eye on their path. "How were you separated from your mother, and how long have you been alone? The lands beyond are not safe for a single child to wander; I would welcome you to stay with me in Vromme while you search."

[ tags ] Xzavier
[ words ] 311
[ ooc ] Eep sorry for the late and the bleh!
Imouto-chan = 'little sister'
Otouto-chan = 'little brother'

日暮神楽
ひ ぐ ら し か ぐ ら

It was not long before the vibrant sunset colored mare was parting her jaws to speak to him again, and the young weanling found himself slowing down just a tad to listen. She pronounced his name far differently than the way Rowan did she said it right but the enunciation caused his ears to pull forward with interest. His attention then trailed toward her face where she seemed to be a little unsure of his name herself. Then that's when the inquiry of a nickname reared its head and the boy allowed a very soft smile to touch his lips along with an eager double nod. His very first nickname. It felt more like an accomplishment than anything.

X-chan... He voiced within his head, liking the way it sounded more and more by the minute. Afterwards the woman  introduced herself along with another word he had never heard before. The young colt cocked his head to the side and offered his best try at the foreign language. An...Ane-ue. His brows scrunched together momentarily but it sounded a lot better aloud than he thought it would. However it failed to sound as nice as Kagura's pronunciation. Vivid blue eyes skimmed over the small baby bump protruding from the mare's stomach as she announced that her child could be his new sibling.

I would love to have a brother or sister... The thought alone made his heart flutter with anticipation as he wondered what the child would be like. It had been so long since he had anyone to play with. Some semblance of family was all he truly wanted in this world. But the soft smile he wore soon faded when poised with several questions to answer. Oh umm...I'm not sure really. My real mama ran away one day because my papa was mean to her and all the other women he had. Xzavier murmured softly, his minds eye vividly recalling Renegade's large harem of mares and the torture he put them through.

A tiny frown formed on his lips as he seemed to wrestle with a memory before pushing on. Rowan started to take care of me, she was like my new mama. But she too ran away and I didn't want to stay alone so i went after her. I came across her in a strange land for a brief moment but lost her again when I wasn't paying attention in the fog. The lands of caeleste were too hard for him to endure and he remembered getting turned around quite frequently in the forest like maze. Now I'm here...but I can't remember how long ive been alone. It feels like forever...

Pastel ears droop into the ivory of his cropped mane as Xzavier seemed to just take a moment and just mull over the entirety of his grand adventure. It was a pure miracle he was even still alive after all this time. His line of sight moved from the dark tunnel up ahead and back to the woman beside him, offering a small smile. T...that would be really nice, thank you A..ane-ue.

Higurashi Kagura

forsaken

"My brave little X-chan!" the priestess proclaimed upon hearing his tale, disjointed and abridged through his child's eye though it might be. It did not take a genius to piece together the fragments of what he described - a tyrant father with his harem of mares, an adoptive mother whose shadow he was chasing so desperately. It seemed young Xzavier had been deprived of a guardian figure, a companion, and a soft word for quite a while now, and Higurashi was all too happy to provide those things. "What a strong young man to have come so far by yourself," she praised him liberally, with a sparkle in her voice. "But you need not be alone anymore. Vromme and your Ane-ue will welcome and shelter you for as long as you like."

As they spoke, the winding corridors gradually began to slope upwards, made more pronounced by the frozen ground that stubbornly refused purchase. Even the oppressive darkness began to give way as faint fingers of natural light began to creep in between the twisted vines that made up the roof. Although the breath of the two horses still misted in the frigid winter atmosphere, the plumes that they exhaled no longer lingered in the dank underground air but were evaporated by the warmth of real sunlight. Higurashi kept a careful, modest pace, choosing her footing carefully, but conversation about things foreign and new seemed to make the time slip by more rapidly. Before the priestess had run out of things to ask her new young charge, they were emerging from a tunnel mouth not unlike the one he must have passed through to enter the Bifrost and blinking in the pale afternoon sun.

"Welcome back, Lady Kagura," a familiar voice greeted her arrival, and Higurashi smiled beatifically back at the guard who had waited so faithfully for her return. Without hesitation she led Xzavier to meet the tall chestnut stallion, stopping when she approached to bow deeply to him. "Thank you, Eirik-han," she responded warmly, her trademark smile already in place.「お疲れ様でした。」Before Eirik could ask about the strange glowing violet child who now accompanied her, she introduced him with a nod to indicate the young colt, "This is X-chan, who will be coming home to Vromme with us. With the gods' blessings, we may help this sweet child find his mother." Understanding passed over the guardsman's face, and he nodded once stiffly in acceptance. Higurashi bowed once more, her customary「お願いします」on her lips, and he turned to lead the way back to the southern holds.

[ tags ] Xzavier
[ words ] 428
[ ooc ] Feel free to powerplay Eirik, I just made him up for the sake of continuity, haha. We can continue this thread if you want or close it up after your post!
お疲れ様でした (otsukaresama deshita) = 'thank you for your hard work', 'you must be tired', a loosely translated phrase commonly used to thank people for their efforts
お願いします (onegaishimasu) = 'please', 'if you will', a loosely translated phrase commonly used when requesting a favor or just before starting something

日暮神楽
ひ ぐ ら し か ぐ ら