Character OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Aishe & Evandr

Couple OTS

Private tomorrow's fragile thoughts

Iracebeth
she is no girl, she is lightning

A harsh winter had descended upon the valley since the Ambrosius gala. Iracebeth had remained quietly in the recesses of Berg-Risi, anxious to venture out into the howling winds and grey snowfall as it accumulated almost overnight. But, not all had been so desolate and melancholy. Despite Andante never returning to the party after he excused himself, she didn't have the mind to blame him. He was a king after all, and the stately draconian figure he had left with seemed far more the company for him to keep than that of a meek filly. Well... mare, now, she supposed. But she'd returned one day from her aimless wandering to a bouquet of snow lilies were she most liked to sleep. Heat rose to her cheeks and her eyes darted about, but she could not find the one who had put them there. But his scent had lingered on them so there was no doubt or confusion who had laid them there. As her gilt hooves power through the thick snowfall along Blár's riverbed she recalled sinking her nares into the flowers and drawing a deep breath of not only their wonderful perfume but Andante's lingering cologne. It had sent a shiver down her spine then, and a phantom tremor raced down her snow laden back now.

She didn't know what to do with the way that memory made her feel. The pit of her stomach seemed to churn uncomfortable, heat flaring along her face and in the depth of her chest. It was a wildly unexplored feeling, this sensation, and she supposed it had to do with her... avoidance of the boy-king. She faltered in her stride only once, her gilt eyes lifting into the steely, clouded sky for answers but not seeing their rapid movement as they soared above. Could she even call him that now? She herself was a young lady, a woman. Her bleeds had arrived and the doe-like way her childish eyes used to gleam had evolved into a glimmer and shine of someone who knew generally what to expect. Gone were the constant revelations of surprise or anxiety every time she set herself to the wood. Tryggr's holds had etched themselves into her core like the Fields never had. She knew their dips and paths, the best courses to reach the summit in due time, and even what fauna to anticipate during her wayward travels. Her body had grown resilient to the coming chill, expectant of some of the drops in temperature (though she thought nothing could compare them to the chill they had now), with a thick downy coat that obscured some of the luster in her marks. But her silver forelock had grown somewhat long, in comparison to her naturely cropped mane that didn't seem to elongate with her coming age. And if she was transforming just as the world around them was, did that not mean the same for the colt she'd met so long ago on those soft, sandy shores?

Heat rose again, and the concise threads at her hips lashed at her gunmetal hide. Again she reminded herself, perhaps for the hundredth time this day, that Andante was her friend. My dearest friend. She came to an abrupt halt, columns of steam rising from the shuddering snort that jettisoned from her nostrils. She felt a fool, confused on what to think and how to act. Along the naked and rocky riverbed she turned her gaze back to the surprisingly clear Tryggr mountain, golden eyes skimming absently for the peaks of Berg-Risi. Her mother had provoked her with questions on how she felt for Andante seasons ago. Had her dam known something Iracebeth did not? Had she some sort of premonition of what her daughter was feeling, or at least the path those feelings were taking her? A rather large cluster of snowflakes landed on the silver tressed mare's alabaster eyelashes and she fluttered them away. Distracted from her constantly whirring, unbridled mind she tossed her warm gaze to the dire sky. The large clumps of feathery snow continued to fall, deepening what already met near her knees and hid the stream that led them all to the kingdom's holds. More white still fell upon her investigative face, shook or blinked away at convenience, but she was satisfied in the length she'd walked (for she had become restless), and if the atmosphere, despite the deep grey of it all, could calm her so be it. She'd take the silence.

W C: 753
T A G: Andante
M U S E: 3/5
O O C: she's so in her head aaah

powerplay excused
within reasonable limits!
always tag responses.

Tag: @[Iracebeth]

I KNOW THERE'S BEEN STIGMA 'ROUND ME,
I KNOW YOU HEARD THINGS ABOUT ME ―
Up upon the peaks of Berg-risi the tyrggr king rested, head resting upon the soft furs that lined his sleeping quarters. Dark lids sat at half mast as he gazed lazily out at the rest of the world. Naveed laid nearby, the fires that stoked the hellhound's insides working to keep Andante warm as snow gently fluttered around them. As always his mind was racing, never sitting on one certain thing for too long until his crimson stare landed upon a single flower standing resilient against the snowfall. The bud triggered the distant memory of him gathering a bouquet of snow lilies to lay at Iracebeth's bedside.

The silver of his brows pulled tightly together in a fleeting moment of contemplation. Did she ever receive the flowers he painstakingly picked for her, had someone else snagged them? Or was the form of apology not enough? He had to admit, in hindsight it was more of a cowards move. Since when had he ever stooped down to such an approach in any situation? Only with her, it was always with her. It left him overthinking the situation of why he always seemed to squirm in her presence. They were only friends after all, seeking the attention and approval of one friend shouldn't weigh so heavily on his mind. Yet here he was. I still haven't apologized...

His inner thoughts echoed within the realm of his head, urging him to go to her. However he wrestled with the idea that she possibly wanted nothing to do with him. It had been quite some time since they talked last, ever since the gala to be exact, and even that was fleeting. She is in the snow laden streams of blar, young king. The gunmetal filly, she is not far... The flora of the moutain seemed to whisper in his ears, giving him the added push he needed to actually go through with his thoughts. A soft sight fell from his nares as it manifested itself in the form of steely brume trailing into the air.

Lifting his chrome laden visage from the stone below he pushed himself to stand to garnet cloven hooves. Naveed began to stir beside him nearly raising to his own paws to accompany the boy, but Andante shook his head in silent command. I'll be back in a little while. The mythical creature stared at him for a moment before reluctantly slumping back to the ground. Within a few strides he grabbed his dire wolf pelt, slinging it over his shoulders so that it draped elegantly over his obsidian and grey tinged form. Clasping the silver buckle together he set off on his way by weaving through the lands of tryggr.

The journey was not long for he kept his pace quick and took the most effective paths. Before long he found his way to the familiar streams of blar. Here his trot slowed itself back to a leisurely walk where the snow was definitely deeper. He spared a moment to shake the collection of snow weighing down his pelt and visage off before peering through barren trees. Within the distance he spotted her and his heart thrummed inside his chest with unbridled nervousness. He stood there, frozen, as the rest of the world moved about him. Go to her... He thought to himself.

Finally he lifted a leg, trudging through the thick snow to draw himself closer to her lingering form. But upon closer inspection he found his words catching within his throat in the form of a hardened lump. As crimson eyes skimmed her body he found a heat rising to his visage that he was glad his ebon pelt could hide. His gaze was met with supple curves, longer silver tresses and an even more beautiful face than he remembered. Was this really his friend that he had spoken with at the party? She had changed in such a short period of time. Iracebeth... He voiced in the stillness of the atmosphere.

The sovereign's gaze flickered from her treasure trove eyes to her gilt hooves, breaking eye contact for a mere moment. He glanced back up at her, noticing the collection of snow daring to invade her exposed body. Undoing the silver buckle of his dire pelt he stepped closer to carefully drape it across her slender shoulders. A faint smile touched his lips before fading as he took a step back. He wanted to give her room, unsure of how she felt about him. Its been quite some time since I've seen you last, and you've been on my mind lately. H...how have you been? Inwardly he grimaced at the slight stammer in his voice. Smooth Andante...real smooth.
000 words. tagged.  Iracebeth
Tag: @[Andante]

Iracebeth

His approach wasn't necessarily quiet. With the heavy snow, each her own mindless shifting seemed to draw a groan of protest from the compacted precipitation. So when her khol harks first caught the moaning torture of snow, her visage followed quickly in suit. For a moment the youth couldn't breath, finding that her lungs had captured a gulp of air and now refused to release it. There it stayed until the young king came close, her name on his lips in soft, murmured greeting. "Andante," she breathed back, brumes of steely steam finally billowing from her nostrils as that pent up air was released back to the atmos. Trepidation nestled itself into her heart, most uninvited and surprising to her. Why had he come to find her? What purpose did it serve? They had barely spoken at the ball and now here he was, searching her out looking almost sheepish. Had something happen? Cracks of electrical current hissed along the four gilt horns crowning her head before she finally took another deep inhale. Compose yourself, girl. Don't be foolish.

Her body jerked with recognition, widening those gilt eyes of hers so that their sunshine hues threatened to shoo away the greys of Vinter, before her sleek nape lowered in a quick and unchoreographed bow. "My king." Manners, girl. Manners. As her visage swept back up, eyes peering towards his visage for some sort of reassurance, she didn't find it; only his chest. Further still she drew up as he was apparently drawing back, only to find that the cloak he had adorned moments ago was now warming her back. Instantly the thick fur captured what body heat remained, locking it at her skin and flushing her with warmth - at least, that's what she thought. "Oh, thank you... you didn't have to." she murmured, almost a whisper, unconsciously as her gaze flicked about the craftsmanship.

But he willed her attention again, and her visage turned at attention with a hesitant while still eager turn. Heat rose along her jowls and chest with his minor confession and stammer. She caught the way his crimson visionaries snapped downwards, as if unsure he could look at her, and again she felt that strangling sheepishness that had plagued her when she'd taken that deep drag of his scent on the bouquet of lilies. But she tried to regulate her breathing as much as she was physically able while also attempting to settle the currents that fired in her mind's eye. They were snapping all over the place with a single goal in mind: remind her that this was Andante. Snapshots of their almost years spent together rolled behind her lids with every blink: from the times racing along the beach; the numerous accounts where she had to help him from some precarious snaggle with his horns; or their private moment shared at the Tryggr Lake back when the sun was still warm and the trees green. Slowly those lips that had grown to not feel like her own slipped into a girlish curve, and a familiarity about herself seemed to warm her. "I've been alright." she confessed. "Cold, but... I don't think there's any escaping that, huh?" The attempt at her cheeky quips may have failed her, but she found herself enjoying the talking more.

It had been far too long since they had last talked.

She shifted, swaying her weight from one side to the other to relieve her frigid limbs. "And... I never got to thank you for the flowers - the snow lilies. They were beautiful." Her grin broadened, gaze falling not with embarrassment but with recognition; she was seeing them, not the snow at their hooves or stream to their side. "It was a nice surprise, and much needed. I haven't felt myself lately." Her smile immediately faded. Iracebeth hadn't thought to be so honest, and found even herself quiet surprised to here the statement aloud. But at the same time... it felt liberating. Someone - her closest friend - knew. Perhaps would even understand. But her audits swiveled in an attempt to realign herself with the moment, and her gilt gaze lifted back to the young king. "Why'd you come to Blar? I would have thought they'd need you in Berg-Risi."

W C: 712
M U S E: 3/5/5
O O C: -vibrates-

powerplay excused
always tag responses.

My king... The whispered words that left the bi-colored woman's lips seemed to echo repetitively within his ears and mind, tightening the realm of his chest. He told her many times now, that she was exempt from acknowledging his crowned title. Yet she still continued to do so. Why? They were friends long before he became king and he wouldn't dare expect her to conform to anything less than that. Crimson eyes watched as her own gaze dropped to examine the cloak now adorning her own gunmetal hide. There was a small lifting pull of his lips as his features took on a warm smile. No, I didn't. But I wanted to.

The brief flicker of lightening dancing across her gilt horns gave away her nervous demeanor. He knew her well enough by now to know that her element only manifested itself under building emotions be it good or bad. The last thing he wanted was to stress her out with his presence. A natural silence fell between them and it was at this time he wrestled with what he should do next. However, a soft smile covered her lips, giving him the reassurance he needed. The sudden cheeky question was a welcomed change of pace. Yeah, all this snow really makes me miss the warmth of summer.

The confession of the flowers answered the question he happened to be mulling over earlier and he felt warmth gather to his cheeks and ears. I'm glad you liked them, racey. There was a tenderness that fell over his face as he looked upon her with concern. Why? What happened? But her pointed question of why he happened to be here instead of in his hold caused his harks to fall into the garnet waves of his mane. I'm sure they can manage without me for a little while. But I came looking for you. The young king murmured as he dared to take a single step closer.

Eyes of ruby searched her own treasure trove gaze as he found comfort in the familiarity of her scent. I came to apologize to you. I'm sorry for storming off that night, you had every reason to be angry. Thinking back on it, the memory almost pained him to know how selfish he had been in front of her. His gaze broke off to the right, glancing at the thick blanket of snow that swallowed their limbs with its icy touch. And, I admit that I'm sorry for avoiding you at the ambrosius party. I just...I don't know. I thought that maybe you didn't want anything to do with me anymore.

Confession after confession came spilling out of his mouth as he shifted his weight within the compacted snow. The hellhound's fiery gaze swept back over her and a soft plume of breath fluttered from his nostrils. I just wanted to come make things right between us. You're the first friend I ever had, and I don't want to loose you over an error I made. Tilting his dark visage slightly his serious expression softened as his voice fell to a near whisper. Can you forgive me?

Iracebeth

There was a warmth she felt in her chest when he expressed - she even wagered unconsciously so - his concern to her admittance of feeling off. Where previously she thought that just confessing it aloud would help her, and it did, there was a support and reassurance in Andante's personal interest that soothed her. Iracebeth couldn't ignore the curve that rose on her velveteen lips, long white lashes slowly falling in conscious blinks as she mulled it over. It felt... so good knowing that she wasn't alone in her worry, her momentary anxieties. But she hadn't the time to answer him regarding why and how she hadn't felt herself because his own answers steadily fell in the beginning of a waterfall of confessions. And perhaps it was better this way. She wouldn't have known how to answer him anyways.

He'd come to apologize. Once again she didn't hide the change of her expression. She never did around him. Honesty, both silent and verbal, seemed to have bound them together in the fabric of fate and she wasn't inclined to become secretive or silently contemplative now. Apologize? For what? Andante's own honesty filled the void where she hadn't been able to collectively complete the puzzle, and didn't find herself entirely blind sided. Frequently she tried to forget that harsh and heated time in the woods for a variety of reasons, and even now she found herself unwilling to admit them even to herself. She shifted again, the snow groaning beneath her accumulated weight, vaguely reminding her of the statures and weight they'd accomplished with their growth. They weren't kids anymore... guess it was better to be honest. And not run from what hurts you.

Thankfully she was drawn from her head again with his tender murmurs and baring. Recently, she'd been spending too much time in the confines of her own mind's eye and hadn't always liked what she'd found in there. "Have nothing to do with you?" she parroted as her brow sunk with shadow and the cloak on her back seemed to increase the temperature tenfold. Softly he inquired for forgiveness, and the young woman found herself for a moment bewildered.

But only for a moment.

Rather than allow herself to get cooped up in the cage of her own head, Iracebeth's gilt hoof dug through the snow and drew her the final step closer to him. Dipping her sleek nape beneath the serrated and tapering horns that adorned Andante, she pressed deeply into him chest to chest and burrowed her face into the damp coils of his garnet mane. His scent was stronger now than it had been on the bouquet, and it manifested a broader, hotter grin on his lips she was thankful he couldn't see. "I'm not forgiving you because I think you needed to apologize," she said into his shoulder, her golden eyes opening and peering off absently to the snow laden wood, "But because I think I'm really the one to blame." It was she who had fallen off the rails, who had raised her voice, who had been the first to become frantic. "I am so sorry I made you feel that way." Frustration flooded her as her voice cracked on "so", and her eyes swelled with brimming crystalline tears.

She took a shuddering inhale, sinking deeper into his nape and chest and clasping her lids shut. Her head ached, or was in the early stages, as her mind whirled through hundreds of thousands of memories, potential outcomes to this very present, and other trivial insecurities she held about herself. "I never want you to leave." she whispered, fighting with her own voice so that it did not sound pathetic or weak. She wasn't sure if she even succeeded, but the bubbling chirp was all she could manage.

W C: 635
M U S E: 5/5
O O C: -vibrating intensifies-

powerplay excused
always tag responses.

She echoed his comment, of not wanting anything to do with him and for a moment she seemed confused. Even though her response happened to be delayed for mere seconds, they felt nearly like an eternity to the crimson haired king. He stood there, waiting with baited breath as he he tried to read her features. The silence dragged on for another second longer until he watched her lift a knee to step ever closer. Andante's scarlet eyes trailed down further, just a smidge, as she drew closer. He kept her visage completely within his sight until the moment she dipped it underneath the crook of his neck and pressed the broad of her chest into his own.

The embrace was warm and comforting, he could not help but to turn his head just to look at the back of her own. The harsh stare that normally threw visual daggers to all else always melted into a look of tender softness whenever she happened to be around. Something that remained true, especially now. Heat rushed though his cheeks and burned in his ears, allowing him to almost forget about the bitter cold of snow growing collectively upon his back. Almost. When his harks were met with an apology of her own he felt his brown knit together. Not with a sense of confusion, but with understanding, although it was hard to listen to her voice crack in such a way.

His chest tightened at the sound of her faltering emotions, feeling a twinge of guilt settle there as he carefully pressed the length of his visage against her own nape. Shh...hey now, it's okay. The young king cooed in a gentle tone so rarely heard. The hellhould closed his eyes, holding her close as if to protect her from some unseen enemy. You couldn't possibly have known...I'm not exactly the best at expressing my feelings. He whispered upon opening his eyes again, watching the silent snow fall in slow, thick and heavy flakes.

Drawing his visage up and over the crest of her nape he gave Iracebeth a final comforting squeeze before drawing back one step. Lowing his head to her level he offered the gunmetal mare a warm smile, garnet eyes at half mast as he rested the side of his muzzle against her own. You'll never have to worry about that. I promise you, I'm not going anywhere. So as long as you don't leave me either... Andante uttered in a hushed tone, pausing briefly as he picked through his next set of words carefully. You've always held a special place in my heart.