Character OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Aishe & Evandr

Couple OTS

Private more than a little lost

WITH YOUR FACE ALL MADE UP, LIVING ON A SCREEN
LOW ON SELF ESTEEM, SO YOU RUN ON GASOLINE ―
He had finally gotten out of that strange tree thanks to a rather friendly individual. Although he appreciated the help Tyrelle still found the encounter to be a little strange. Even though he had been the one to call out for assistance he wondered why the winged equine decided to aid him in the first place. Would he need to repay him later? He hoped not, just about everyone he'd come across expected a reward for doing a simple task. A deep frown crossed his visage, causing his lips to pull taunt and his brows to furrow together.

Pushing the increasingly negative thoughts toward the back of his mind he slowed his walk to a halt. Vivid violet eyes skimmed the dark and sodden forest that lay ahead of him. During his travels from the large tree in the distance to here Tyrelle had not come across a biome that looked quite like this. It looked like some form of swamp based on its overall texture and faint pungent smell. But that did not deter the vampire from wandering in. A faint snort fluttered from his blush colored nares, sending a steely brume of warm breath into the air.

A short lived shudder trickled along his spine, his body physically protesting against the cold that enveloped him. A light dusting of snow could be seen upon the ground and the flurries that wafted in the air promised a thicker blanket later on. Lowering his visage to inspect the stagnant pools below he squinted upon seeing half a skeleton of some type of animal within its murky depths. How ironic... He muttered with a fleeting sneer. The discolored skeleton reminding him of the curse that plagued his very form. Death followed his very touch, and he was not surprised to find it here.
000 words. tagged. Lirr
Tag: @[Tyrelle]

"No, no, no, don't like this, hate those, WHAT EVEN IS THAT!?" From not far off, a smaller stallion seemed to be struggling or at least complaining about something. The marsh land was slowly getting deeper and harder to navigate. He couldn't fly up over head if he even wanted to. The trees and foliage was far to close knit for him to spread his wings, let along lift off into the sky so he was stuck soiling his pelt which he knew would be a pain and a half to clean later when, or if he escaped the death trapped. As he trudged, he was started by an old skull twisted and morphed into a tree that seemed to just take the skeleton's head with it as it grew, merging it into the trunk, mosses and vine swirling and contorting as if it was still partially alive or some sick twisted joke on what life was.

Eyeing the tree ridden face carefully, he slowly skirted around it, not looking away from it until it was out of his sight. His legs were caked him mud almost a third the way to his knees. Granted, he was on the shorter side for his kind, but nonetheless, the mud was growing far too deep for him to traverse, but he wasn't sure where else to go but back from whence he came by the lake. It was starting to look more and more like that was his only option, worrying he'd get stuck at some point and become a contorted, forgotten, victim of the marsh.

Finally ripping his eyes away from the monstrosity, he turned his head and was greeted by the stars, or at least what he thought was the stars at first, but soon realized it was another equine such as he. Unlike the others he'd met, there were no horns and strange antlers or the sort, but held the galaxy in his hide. "Oh hello there." Lirr seemed momentarily entranced by the new stallion's appearance, forgetting that it was most certainly attached to someone.

Tyrelle
Tag: @[Lirr]

With his head remaining low he continued to study the skeleton that lay half submerged in the pungent and putrid pond below. It was half rotten away and laying beside it happened to be a few other misplaced bones that did not belong to the creature. It made him take a second and wonder just how many animals lost their lives trying to navigate through this place only to lose their lives in the end. But that was the circle of life, was it not? Lifting his head once more to its full height Tyrelle breathed out a heavy sigh, violet eyes skimming which way to go. That is until he heard a very loud somebody coming through the woods.

Eldritch teal colored harks snapped backwards as the voice seemed to be coming from in behind him. Swaying his weight to the side the vampire's coffee colored hooves turned him around to face the feathered stallion that happened to be walking his way with surprise. It was obvious that he was not too thrilled to be here in the swamp, not that he blamed him. The only thing Tyrelle seemed to like about this place was the relief from the suns bright rays, as they typically happened to hurt his eyes just a little. But he still wanted to get out. With his brows raised he looked the ebony and golden touched stallion over, gauging his reaction.

Hello. He murmured, expecting the stranger to say more but once he realized the younger stallion staring he shrank back just a tad. What was he looking at? Did he have mud all over his legs or fur? Taking a second to look over his galaxy printed hide he skimmed himself for anything that would have made him look unpresentable, but found nothing. Looking back up with a bit of a frown Tyrelle simply cocked a hip, resting as he proceeded to speak again. Are you trying to get out of here too? I've gotten a little turned around myself.
000 words. tagged. Lirr

His eyes quickly shifted up from the stars to meet the tall strangers gaze who seemed a bit put off by his staring, and honestly, who wouldn't be to see a stranger just staring intently. He was far from an intimidating figure though especially do someone with so much more height on him, but it didn't make the action any less unsettling. He leaned back towards his haunches, one of his wings coming unfolded and reaching around, covering his face to hide his embarrassment. "Sorry." He mumbled, erring over the top of the wing, looking a bit guilty and apologetic. "I didn't mean to stare, you just uh-" He ducked back behind the wing "You look like the night sky are just... kinda really handsome." He forced a cough uncomfortably and quickly rushed to change the subject, pulling the wing back and letting them both shuffle back into place like a nervous fidget. "I'm not really of much help though, can't seem to find my way out either. All I know is I came out of a really big, mean tree and now i'm stuck in the mud. I don't know about the tree part, but you seem even more lost." He still couldn't make eye contact with the older fella, looking around him more than at him, still too embarrassed of his previous actions.

"But, well. My name is Lirr." He bowed his head slightly in greeting, starting to settle down though not much, still fidgiting his wings, seeming to never get them to fold in the right position and constantly shifting them, even his back set of small wings getting pushed and shuffled by the larger one's movements. "And you are? If I can ask that." He expected them to try and leave at this point, let alone give a name. This poor lost fellow being annoyed by a little bundle of nerves when all he wanted was directions.

Tyrelle

The older man's ears flickered forward at the sound of an apology leaving the boy standing before him. He couldn't quite understand why he seemed to be so flustered, even going as far as half way hiding himself with his wing. But it all slowly clicked together after he heard the second half of his comment. Tyrelle's violet eyes widened considerably while his brows seemed to raise in genuine shock. Did he just flirt with him? That was certainly a first. While it was nice to receive a compliment, the mercenary did not know rather to be flattered or confused. Regardless, Tyrelle bobbed his head in a faint matter. Thanks...

The subject change was a welcomed one and the stallion found himself growing a little less tense as he glanced in the direction of the bifrost. His gaze narrowed briefly before tuning back to the younger man. I came out of there myself not too long ago. It was the worst detour I've ever taken. It was true, he was quite lost. But he truly had nowhere else to go at the moment. A thoughtful hum rested on his lips before he parted his jaws to speak again, more so to himself than the boy. Perhaps I'll pick up an odd job or two once I'm out of this cursed swamp. Anything to gain some coin.

The stranger introduced himself and he nodded once then twice, matching name to face mentally. Tyrelle. He murmured, turning his back to look too off into the deeper parts of the swamp. The foliage only seemed to grow thicker in that direction and so he gaze about until he spotted a reasonably thinner path. The vampire tossed a glance over his broad shoulder. This looks like an easier trail to go through. Maybe it could lead the way out of here.
000 words. tagged. Lirr

Since they both managed to move on from his previous staring, Lirr was able to calm down rather quickly, settling into his, not really relaxed, no Lirr is far from relaxed, but more confident rhythm. It seemed the man of stars was also an unfortunate victim of the Bifrost, most were it seemed, but some things couldn't be helped. However what he said made Lirr think. Had that been the worst detour he'd taken? Maybe? No, he could recall one detour that was worse, but in time had become more of a humorous story than anything. Jobs weren't really Lirr's forte either, not the in the traditional sense anyway. He didn't let the thoughts linger in his mind for long though as his new traveling companion turned to find a new path. Lirr took a step back, not really sure where Tyrelle was intending on going, but fully enjoying the view.

Lirr forced his eyes away from his own personal view to see where Tyrelle meant. His ears perked up and he leaned to get a view of the path. "Seems a good a path as any. Besides, we don't stand any chance of getting out by just standing here, stud." Lirr pulled himself together, a little less worried about what may await them in the swamp and little more about what kind of impression he makes on Tyrelle. Pulling himself up by his metaphorical boot straps, he held his head high, held his wings tight at his sides, long tail swaying behind him in tune with his own steps as he started forward. His naturally high gait pulling his legs out of the mud with more easy than trying to trudge through it. However that wasn't really why decided to stroll like that. He passed Tyrelle, starting on the trail, knowing full well how to move his body to get attention and right now, feminine little Lirr was vying for poor Tyrelle's.

Tyrelle

The brute watched as the younger stallion moved his way to the front of their metaphorical line, taking the lead with finesse and flare. Keen all seeing eyes looked the stranger over for a quick moment, analyzing the situation now taking place. The subtle gesture was not missed by the galaxy patterned man and he could not help but wonder why the lad began to move his body in such a way. It reminded him of the women he'd chase and prey on for sport when not lost in the details of a job. He did enjoy the way they teased him as they played emotional cat and mouse. But this boy gifted with golden accents was no woman.

Blush colored lips pressed into a paper thin line as he lifted a hoof to follow after the obsidian pegasus silently. He had to hand it to the boy, he had guts for trying. Carefully the vampire moved his way through the marsh, looking for the best places to step so that his form did not sink further into the slime and mud. A soft sigh fell from his velveteen lips as he shook his head back and forth slightly. What do you think you're doing boy? Tyrelle called ahead in a questioning deep tone. You trying to romance me or somethin'? Another question pinged the stale air.

Within a few long strides Tyrelle's visage came up beside Lirr's own as he walked with the boy side by side. Striking violet eyes turned to face sapphire with a single brow raised. Of course, he already knew the answer to his previous inquiry. It might be best for you to try your luck on another man. The mercenary murmured, panning his gaze out in front of him again. Although his expression remained serious the situation humored him. At least the interest let him know that he was still handsome in some way. Clearing his throat he pushed on from his previous statement. Where do you intend to go from here, once we get out?
000 words. tagged. Lirr

Lirr glanced back at the man of stars with a sly smirk tugging on his lips. Of course Tyrelle noticed, he wasn't exactly being subtle and the older stallion wasn't blind. "Or something sounds about right." He teased, turning his head back to the path. However, it seemed the one he had set his eyes on wasn't as interested in the likes of young Lirr. Perhaps stallion wasn't Tyrelle's type, or maybe it was just Lirr. The ebony pegasus himself tended to prefer tall muscular men. Maybe Tyrelle was the same and Lirr came across as nothing more than a morsel rather than a meal. What ever the case, it didn't really sway him from his goal.

As the companion came trotting back up to his side, Lirr lifted his head up, but keeping at the same pace. The vivid indigo hues of his eye looking from underneath a lush layer of lashes. One thing was for certain, he didn't advertise himself as masculine. "I could, but perhaps I don't have to." Tilting his head he purred "Besides, just because you haven't tried it doesn't mean you won't like it," he bumped him with his shoulder. "Not like i'm in any rush anyway. I was just gonna go see what this new world has to show me. I expect great things from this land anyway." He bounded forward a few paces before turning to look him over again, very playful. Lirr wasn't trying to force anything on Tyrelle, he wouldn't do that to anyone and if he outright said no than would surely leave it at that or at the very least tone it down.

"It hasn't disappointed me yet." He said, referring to Tyrelle's handsome appearance. "You seem like a man on a mission though. Something important to get to or is it a secret?" He wasn't solely interested in his body though, curious of just who this muscular man was. Even if a deeper relationship was off the table, he would be happy to at least form a friendship with the vampire.

Tyrelle

His intense violet gaze skimmed over the smaller man's gilt and obsidian visage as he continued to try and sway his emotions. But to no avail. Tyrelle was a ladies man through and through, and he highly doubted that would ever change. But, it looked as if the dainty pegasus still was not catching his hints and so he decided to blatantly decided to deny him. A hefty sigh fell from blush velveteen lips as he focused ahead once again, stepping high to clear a rotting log that lay in his direct path. Listen. Lirr, was it? I'm telling you, you're wasting your time. The galaxy patterned stag muttered.

But then he felt the warmth of the male's shoulder bump against his own for a fleeting moment, their fur brushing in a brief exchange. Violet eyes grew wide as he immediately expected the boy to cry out in dire agony and watch as his flesh deteriorated until there was nothing left but bone. However, neither happened, and it left the vampire lost in a thick cloud of both confusion and surprise. The second half of Lirr's sentence fell upon deaf ears as his analytical gaze honed in on the dancer's slim shoulder. Sure enough everything was still intact as it were before, not even a single ebony hair lay out of place.

A soft fluttering sigh escaped from his semi parted maw, a breath he never knew he had been holding. Pausing he threw a glance behind him only to realize that even the plants he tread upon were not harmed from his touch. Did this mean he no longer bore his curse? Time seemed to slow down and then rapidly speed back up after he struggled to process everything. His ears were met with Lirr asking another question and the mercenary tuned to look at him, still stunned that he was okay. What, No? No...I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere in particular. I'm just looking for work to do. Hopefully gain enough coin to keep me sustained. If such a thing existed here.
000 words. tagged. Lirr

Lirr paused both mentally and physically a moment as a look of mild horror brushed Tyrelle's face right after reflection the young male. Was it something he said? Did he go too far and make him uncomfortable? At least, that's what he thought at first, but when he went searching the area behind them, he realized that perhaps it was something else entirely. Had he forgotten something important that only now he was realizing? He tried to draw him back into the moment by speaking to him further, but it seemed he hardly even took notice until the end.

His ears lowered, flattening slightly out of unease and concern, they're golden encasing almost disappearing into his unruly mane. He stepped to the side as Tyrelle walked past and turned to follow beside him again, though perhaps with slightly more distance between them. Lirr had been rejected, merely another in the pile of many, but in that moment, he was less concerned with that and more with that troublesome gaze. Trying to forget it at first, he answered back, lacking the enthusiasm in his voice he had moments ago. "I don't really know if that's something they do here. You're only the third I've seen so far." He trotted along in silence for a few paces, but couldn't keep the thought away, turning his head to look at him with very visible concern "Are you okay? You looked surprised and upset about something. Is something bothering you or did I just go too far?" He was blissfully unaware of the painful fate he'd just narrowly escaped in his flirtatious escapade.

Tyrelle