Member OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Arête & Tywin

Couple OTS

Private now or never

I THINK THERE'S A FLAW IN MY CODE,
THESE VOICES WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE ―
Vast obsidian wings flapped and rotated at a fierce pace as he sped away from the throne of Ambrosius. Frosty winter gales snapped at the raven man's starlit body, eager to sap him of his warmth. But he failed to pay much attention to it for his mind was reeling, struggling to process all that had occurred mere minutes before. The remnants of Caelian's sentencing echoed over and over within his mind, keeping it at the forefront of his thoughts. He was an exile now, tossed to the will of the wilds, belonging to a band that did not have a home to call their own. He had heard the whispers of the far east and the equine that struggled to survive there.

An array of emotions continued to surge within him like a vicious storm, everything from anger to regret, sadness and everything in-between. But that happened to be what frightened him the most, that he felt vulnerable to what he was feeling. He did not want to feel anymore, it was what landed him in the position he was in. The phantom could not bare knowing that his actions were swayed by such strange emotions. Why couldn't he just remain the same as he were before? Unfeeling, hollow, empty, completely void of emotion. Instead he had to be his master's success, an ever evolving creature that learned and grew from its experiences.

Overcome with grief the terror angled his body to land within the golden forest. His hinds made heavy contact with the ground, causing dried leaves to crunch and the light dusting of snow to falter and his front end followed suit. Body trembling with unbridled emotion Nevermore lashed out at a small pile of leaves, scattering them to the wind with a single swat of his taloned hand. Raahh! The rage he felt compelled him to want to destroy something, anything, but what would that gain him? Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. And so the phantom stood, body shaking with ragged breaths as he attempted to quell the turmoil inside himself.

Lavender eyes squeezed themselves shut as he slid against the bark of a dormant tree. There he sat, slumped in a seated position with his wings sprawled out at his sides. Lifting a single fore the specter held the span of his visage within his taloned hand as he felt the beginnings of a headache arise. The dull aching pulse of his temples continued on as his thoughts began to wander once more. Why was this happening to him? All he ever did was good, and he followed his creator's teachings. So the question remained. Why? Why is this happening to me...Master? The raven whispered, knowing that the alchemist whom was long gone could not and would not answer.
000 words. tagged. Èibhlin
Tag: @[Nevermore]

Nevermore -sobs-

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The winter weather did little to encourage exploration but she quickly became bored indoors and thought to find the raven regent. However, no matter where she checked she did not find him and it quickly became apparent that he was not in residence. Dejected, she turns amethyst eyes to the lands beyond the guarded borders and departed Ambrosius. Chestnut features cast in a sorrowful haze scarcely pays attention to the blustery winds penetrating her thicker coat. The light rustling of her silver jewelry the only sound to accompany footsteps silenced by drifts of powdery snow.

She watches for any hint of another soul on her lonely journey but she sees neither hide nor hair of anyone. For a moment she is puzzled, a brow furrowed in confused concentration, until the answer quite literally collides with her face as a strong wind kicks snow up. The weather, you daft woman. Her mental chide is followed by an audible chuckle. ”Of course no one wants to be out in this frozen land.” Eibhlin smiles at her own foolishness and resumes her walk while keeping an ear out for any suspicious noises. She is not left to the silence for long, an anguished, outraged cry pierces the stillness; it pushing her heart into a pounding rhythm and the gentle plumes of air leaving her nostrils stutter.

The cadence to that cry, the undertow of an accent tickles her ears. Nevermore? Without a single thought that it might be someone other than the regent, she darts forward to find him. The sight that soon greets her diminishes the pleasure felt upon viewing him, like dark clouds swallowing up the sun. Her smile dips at the corners and she approaches with concern. ”Nevermore?” Violet eyes sweep over his sedentary form detecting no visible injury. Eibhlin steps closer and gingerly touches the tip of her nose against the talons cradling the regent’s head. ”What has happened?”

Tag: @[Èibhlin]

Of course, as suspected, he was met with nothing but bone chilling silence. Not that it came to a surprise, but some part of him wished to hear the comforting words of the elderly alchemist again. He longed for the secluded crumbling  castle tower that he lived most of his life in. He ached for the quite snows and long nights he simply indulged in his rigorous studies. Since when had life become so difficult, so...hard? His lengthy eldritch harks flattened against his crown, laying hidden within the ocean of hair that was his mane. Lavender orbs stared absently upon the ground as he vaguely wondered what he would do now. How would he live his life essentially as prisoner.

Although he had lived for many centuries and had witnessed many things, never before did he think his life would take a drastic turn such as this. The aching of his head had dulled now that his initial first turbulent waves of emotion subsided for now. All that was left was a faint phantom pang as he opted to close his eyes, hoping that the darkness could by some miracle could help somehow. But alas, nothing was working and the phantom found himself emitting a defeated sigh. Throughout all of this he failed to notice the arrival of a certain strawberry tinged mare decorated in amethyst.

However, he did not miss the soft sound of his name floating off of concerned lips. The sudden speech was enough to warrant a fleeting shiver of his body. Perhaps because he was surprised that anyone would find him here, or maybe it was embarrassment that now bleed slowly into his bones. Whatever the reason, it died the moment her velveteen muzzle brushed the knuckles of his avian like talons. With his heart fluttering wildly within his chest, Nevermore lowered his palm back to the ground in a slow manner. Eibhlin..? He whispered in a hushed tone, as if surprised that she stood before him.

He couldn't find the will to answer her right away as a frown pulled taunt at the lines of his mouth. Once again his glowing orbs skimmed over the ground beneath as he shook his visage. He could feel the torrent of emotions beginning to rile back up inside of him, stirring within the realm of his belly as he tried to force the words to fall from his maw. I... He began, but paused to steel his nerves and glance at the woman beside him. Its Caelian...thou hast exiled me to the wastes. Speaking it aloud only made his sentencing that much worse as it continued to confirm his fate.

His shoulders rose lightly in a bit of a shrug as he shook his head briefly. I knowest not what to do, nor if you can even be around me. Swallowing a hard lump that began to form within his throat he searched her eyes hoping she knew what this ultimately meant. This is my last day here in Ambrosius. Through all the turmoil and stress he happened to be under he managed to place a dying smile on his lips. I may never see thine face again, The once regent murmured whilst lifting a taloned hand to coax a strand of strawberry blonde hair back behind the realm of her ear. But I must say, I'm glad to have met you, Eibhlin. And that I shalt never forget the kindness thou hast shown me, nor the dance we shared. Thank you... The broken man whispered, voice cracking as he pulled his hand away.

Nevermore  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

She did not miss the tentative manner in which he called her name but it only served to cause further alarm. She pulls away from the gentle touch of muzzle to talon to scan his distraught features and if she were able to, she would have gripped the sides of his face and shouted for him to answer. Worry is a thick knot of sickly tension coiling in her stomach and chest, the frown twisting his uniquely handsome face increasing the tight sensation. ”Yes, I am here.” Her words are a quiet murmur, a soft reassurance to the distressed man.

The answer he finally reveals stuns her and for a moment she cannot speak; anger temporarily displaces the alarm. ”What?” Her pitch is low, tight, and tinged with a stronger Irish accent than typically heard. ”How dare that child do such a thing!” The outrage has her itching to pull away from Nevermore to furiously pace but she senses that he needs her to remain near. Amethyst eyes close and she takes a deep, calming breath knowing that now is not the time to fully express how she wants to tear the sovereign apart. He continues speaking and her heart cracks, a penetrating ache. Not be around him?

”What are you on about, Nevy?” The nickname slips from her lips without second thought, too confused why they would not be able to see each other despite not belonging to the same house. His talon places a lock of golden-red hair behind her ear and tears quickly pool in her eyes only to spill over as he continues. ”I do not understand...can we not see each other in common lands?” Eibhlin’s voice loses its earlier fervor in favor of a soft confusion. ”I-I” Sorrow consumes her for a moment but she quickly suppresses it though her silence remains and she shifts from hoof to hoof.

Mindful of the chestnut horn gracing her forehead, she presses into the raven-man’s space to rest the side of her head against his neck. ”I know only you.” The words are whispered against his starry pelt, tears dampening his mane. It is tempting to stay buried against him indefinitely, she truly has met no one else in these lands except for him, but after a minute she leans away to peer into his anguished gaze. ”Walk with me? You can explain what all this means.” Eibhlin’s vocals are rough, a thick lump trapped in her chords, and amethyst eyes plead with him to give her this small time together somehow knowing he speaks the truth. They will not see each other after this, at least not for some time and not without the sun and stars intervening.

Tag: @[Èibhlin]

Confusion bled into her the chestnut and ivory features, leaving her to question him hastily. She had every right to be alarmed or angry even. No matter how either of them felt nothing would change the sentencing he had been given. The dark hessian remained silent, as his eldritch ears remained flat against his head. What more was there to say? Swallowing thickly Nevermore managed a slow shake of his head. No. They could never meet one another on common ground. It was not as if he could simply relocate to a different house. To live as an exile meant leaving behind everything the valley had to offer.

No longer able to hold her gaze he let it slip, drifting back towards the frosted ground beneath. The tears that she wept made him feel guilty that he was making her feel this way. Eibhlin, do not weep for me... He whispered softly, but as he did so the raven felt the warm touch of her visage against his nape. It had been unexpected, leaving the muscles beneath his starlit skin to jolt in response. Yet he did not remain tense for long. Melting against the Irish woman Nevermore closed his eyes as his own visage sought refuge in her comforting embrace. Although brief, the healing hug was enough to pull him back to some form of normal.

The phantom feeling of her touch left him longing for more time spent together, inching slightly back in her direction before stopping himself. But given the circumstances he new better than to hope for such things. Her soft accented vocals drew his attention back to her face, earning a nod from the specter. Gripping the frozen ground with his talons he found purchase there before heaving himself to a standing position. Ichor strands of hair cascaded around him on either side barely kissing the earth as he looked down upon her. Of course... He whispered in a hushed tone.

His ethereal gaze panned ahead, wondering where he could possibly begin to explain all of this to her. A light lavender plume of vapor flittered from his fanged maw in the form of a heavy sigh. Slowly he began a leisurely pace through the forest of Dael. Exiles cannot live in any house and are condemned to the sands of the far east. Tis a prison for outcasts that the various kingdoms do not want. A frown pulled at the corners of his unique features as he visualized the wastes and the defeated look that one exiler, Marishka, wore. To be an exile means to never return. There is nothing I can do without a pardon from the king himself.