Member OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Arête & Tywin

Couple OTS

Open this is not a dream

I THINK THERE'S A FLAW IN MY CODE,
THESE VOICES WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE ―
The splendor of the grand Ambrosius party had come and past. Leaving being vivid memories that would never be forgotten by the ebon hessian. But the magic that electrified that night was long gone. Gone were the smiles that touched the lips of the residents of the mountains, only to be replaced by somber, sullen expressions. The people of the kingdom continued to mill about, going forth with their average day to day chores with little pep in their step. For the morale of a house reflected that of its ruler. And the more Nevermore thought about it, Caelian had been growing far more reclusive since their time spent in the icy caves north from here.

Typically the raven would have kept to himself. Trusting that the young man would eventually come around, for mortals typically do. Many often needed time to cleanse and heal their wounds. But in the freckled stag's case Nevermore feared that time might have been making it worse, creating a festering pain that only continued to spread. It was then that he decided to pursue his friend and speak with him, perhaps find out what was really troubling him rather than allowing himself to be brushed off like before. No, this time he would be persistent in his questioning albeit considerate of any brewing emotions.

With a lash of his feathered leonine tail the beast turned his monstrous visage toward the direction of Fjalltinder, the throne of Ambrosius' kingdom. Never before had he needed to journey there, but he would brave the biting cold and frosted gales now. A heavy snort fell from velveteen nares as columns of lavender hued brume rose from them. With a steady stretch of his ebony feathered limbs Nevermore beat them powerfully once then twice to become airborne. Higher and higher the regent climbed into the sky seeking to ride the wind as he had done so many times before. Curving his deadly talons near the soft flesh of his underbelly he coasted toward his destination.

It did not take long for the phantom to reach the throne of his friend and once he had Nevermore descended. Massive dinner plate sized hooves touched gently upon the earth before unraveling his claws to do the same. Folding his wings into his sides the pegasus sauntered forth, passing by two guards that stood at their posts. They gave him a respectful nod of greeting and he the same before walking into the air of Caelian's court. Caelian? He called out with rich, honeyed romainian vocals. Glowing purple eyes searched around the holds until he finally laid eyes on the king. Doth thou have a moment to speak? I wish to address thine peculiar behavior. Or rather, how you've changed...
000 words. tagged. Caelian
Tag: @[Nevermore]

An impenetrable stillness rest over the House of Ambrosius. The sorrowful people went about their business, little smiles glinted in the cold sunlight. Winter was coming, a time that should’ve been joyful for the cold-dwellers; yet, something was terribly wrong. As the happiness was leached from their king, as was the same for Ambrosius. Darkness was falling across the north, bad times were coming.

This change had not gone unnoticed. The Regent of the lands, Nevermore, had taken his gaze across the lands and made note of the solemn ways of its people. His observant eyes had traced the root back to the king, and he had come to inquire about this issue.

Caelian had heard his friend coming. Wingbeats on the wind were something uncommon in these lands, and he could hear the distinctively vast appendages of his friend from a mile away, even if no one else could. He had heard it many times before. The click of hooves and talons upon hardened earth was the announcement of his arrival. As he passed between the guards and up the small slope to Caelian, his accent brushed the breeze. The Ambrosius sovereign was standing in solitude, his body facing the entrance but his head turned back towards the forest, lowered and stoic. As a question fell, Caelian’s ears twitched and piercing eyes brushed up to the phantom. He watched, expressionless, as the sentence continued. Particular behaviour? His brow hardly furrowed between his eyes as he took a moment to contemplate this, then he tilted his head towards the left, exposing a tense vein in his neck. His eyes shut lightly and his nose wrinkled in the slightest. His voice was soft, his accent light, barely a whisper, ”How I’ve… changed?”

Though he may not have seen it himself, the change was obvious. He no longer smiled, he no longer laughed. His face was always either sad, expressionless, or downright angry. He kept to himself much of the time, and had hardly noticed the people of Ambrosius and how they looked at him with concern. Before, he was the crownless boy who called himself one of the people. He cared not for calling himself the king, he was simply a friend of his people. He ruled as though they were his equals. Now, a lithe crown decorated his head. It was not the heavy thing he wore to his party; instead, it was a light silver twisting of twigs, studded with an obsidian stone right upon his forehead. Simple yet commanding, it held a great amount of symbolism upon the head of this stallion.

[ tags ] Nevermore
[ words ] 437
[ ooc ] oof im so excited

Table and Coding: Raven

Tag: @[Caelian]

He regarded the freckled young man with a heavy amount of silence. Taking the time to really analyze him as he awaited a response. His king was sunken and slouched in his stance, lacking the prim and proper touch he'd always carried. With a minor squint of obsidian lids his gaze then traveled toward the tense bulging vein within the dark stag's nape. Although it did not take a scientist to realize that the sovereign was less than happy. His only question to it all was why? A small part of him felt slightly offended that Caelian was willing to call him friend but refused to really confide in him.

As quickly as that thought skimmed across his mind he immediately rebuked it. The speckled lad did not have to tell him anything he did not wish to. Especially since Nevermore lacked the means to truly empathize and connect with the hardships of others. But perhaps that mortal part of him was growing and that is what compelled him to seek Caelian out to begin with. The raven gave another slow blink of his amethyst eyes after hearing his question reiterated, visage lowering just barely. Yes, my friend. Thou hast changed quite a bit... Did he truly not realize it?

The silken lengthy threads of his forelock slid across his chiseled face as he took one step closer and then another. Thine appearance is somber, joy seems to flee from you. How long wilt thou sadness go on? Nevermore questioned sincerely, yet unaware of just how blunt and unemotional he sounded in his approach. Lavender visionaries drew themselves over toward the forest that held the commoners of the land. A hazy violet plume of breath leaked from his fanged jowls before continuing on. There is great worry amongst the people. They too reflect thine somber expression.

If the people of ambrosius were restless now what would happen later if things did not get better quickly? He hoped they would not go as far as to question the budding stallion's rule. The towering beast brought his gaze away from the autumn littered forest down below to look upon his friend, questioningly. Brow pulling together Nevermore parted his sinister jaws to speak and paused, as if withholding his speech, but ultimately decided to voice his concerns anyway. Art thou hiding anything from me?

A moment's hesitation passed between the leaders of Ambrosius, before Caelian was giving a straightforward response from his dear friend. The stag pondered Nevermore’s statement for a second’s passing. Had he really changed? He didn’t remember much else before the anger burning within his heart, the raging thoughts that stormed in his mind and the electrical buzz of wrath in his veins. They crowded his memories like darkness snapping out a light. His brow furrowed a little more.

The next sentence from Nevermore was a truthful one, yet it struck Caelian like a blade across his face. He shuttered slightly, dipping his head a little further into his flank. When the people of Ambrosius were brought into the conversation, words finally escaped the young king’s mouth. They were quiet, meant for only those drawn close to hear. I have sent my people to their doom.”

"How can I be joyful when darkness surrounds me? I no longer recall the sweet taste of strawberries on the mountain sides of Atnion. I cannot see the bright blue sky of the summer and the beauty of a winter night.” His breathing began to speed up, his words rushing quicker and quicker. Shadows close in all around me. The sun is cold and does not touch my dying skin. He sees me. He sees me." Caelian turned to meet the gaze of his friend, finally turning to fully face him. What he was hiding was shown. A nasty scar traversed from just above the freckled one’s eyebrow and ripped down his face, another scar joining it just in front of it, and another a little further down. They tore straight through one of his electric pale eyes, turning it a milky blue. The scar had only just begun to heal and clearly showed the silvery-blue meat underneath freckled grey fur. His expression was pitiful, his eyebrows upturned in a sad way, but as his next sentence escaped his mouth, it turned slightly sour. I am torn, Nevermore. Have you just now seen my sorrow?”

[ tags ] Nevermore
[ words ] 352
[ ooc ] oof if i was nevy i would get mad xD

He was so reclusive. Even now as he stood before the male confronting him did he hide near the shadows of his throne. Though he desperately tried to understand it, he simply could not. The one that he called his friend acted more like a passing stranger eager to get by on a lonely street. He watched silently as the freckled stag turned his visage further into himself but offered no response other that a brief furrowing of his brow. But finally, words did come forth. His harks strained forward to take in the impossibly soft tone emitted from the sovereign. His visage lowered a tad, as if by some miracle that would help him to hear the king better.

But it became evident that the lad was falling into a minor panic. Nevermore righted himself in the face of the young man who's breaths fell at a quickened and staggered pace. The dark lids of his eyes narrowed vaguely as he listened to Caelian express his woes aloud. Speaking of memories that have long since escaped him and fears that toddled around within his mind. Thou cannot let such things overwhelm thyself. Caelian, thou hast sworn an oath to this kingdom and its people, did thy not? They are counting on you. The raven voiced with a taunt frown pulling at his lips.

He would have continued his lecture if he had not heard the ominous words mumbled swiftly by the boy. What art thou talking about? Who sees you? The sprinkled feeling of confusion was welling up inside of the dark hessian by now as he tried to make sense of Caelian's heightened anxiety. He had seen no one within the kingdom that posed a threat to the young king. But it did not matter. His thoughts were dashed and tossed to the side the moment Caelian turned his freckled face in his direction. What he saw painted upon his sovereign's face caused his pupiless eyes to widen.

He strode across the court with purpose in his step, hasty albeit light until he reached Caelian. In one swift fluid movement the raven lifted a massive taloned hand to carefully cup the freckled stallion's face. With his visage nestled within the cusp of his hand, Nevermore gently tilted it to clearly see the silver dead eye surrounded by fresh wounds. He was silent for a long moment examining the loss of such a sensitive area. Who had done this to him? Confusion coupled with concern waged a war within him as he finally decided to speak. But words never made it to the surface after hearing the sentence spilling from Caelian's lips.

The confliction that tossed and turned within him shifted to a flicker of faint anger at the accusation placed upon him. Just now? Nevernore echoed, allowing his gentle grasp on Caelian's face to slip as he placed his fore back upon the ground. Nay. I noticed back in the mountains. I have always noticed. Yet thou didst wish to confide in me, so I left ye to your own devices. The starlit pegasus murmured, his tone curt yet drizzled with disappointment. I wonder, would you have sought my company at all? Would you have told me about that? He asked pointing a talon at Caelian's now blinded eye.

Everything Nevermore said was an awful punch to Caelian’s heart. Guilt mixed with anger buried deep within him began to bubble up, and he was left in a state of confusion, just as the phantom was. Then Nevermore questioned him, Who sees you? But Caelian’s actions seemed to throw this thought from his friend’s mind. Quickly, he strode up and carefully examined the scar upon the king’s face. Carefully holding his head, the freckled stallion let himself relax so that Nevermore could tilt his head as he liked. His gaze remained upon his friend up until he let go of his head, a flicker of anger shifting across his charming face. He fluttered his eyes closed in a sigh, before opening them quickly to stare into the depths of Nevermore’s.

"I had a shadow inside me, but now I have become that darkness,” he responded to the statement beforehand. The phantom’s speech held a hint of disappointment that Caelian couldn’t miss, but he was a mix of negative emotions he was unable sort through. At the question, the expression of the freckled stallion finally flickered into a sense of apology. He took the smallest of steps backwards, his posture straightening slightly. ”I was busy. My own health is not my top priority, Nevermore. I have not forgotten the oath I made to my people. The protection of this land is all I think about. Sometimes things just… seem out of line… I can’t describe it.” As he spoke the last sentence, his gaze slipped to the side, his good side, and he furrowed his brow in slight confusion as he seemed to fall into thoughts.

However, more words still spurred away off his tongue. For being emotional words, they were quite stone-cold on his lips. ”A friend is something I never deserved. Your worry over me is very touching. Forgive me if I do not know how to return the empathy. Yet, I can not confide in another worries that I do not know myself. You see something wrong with me, yet I do not notice what you see.” He snapped his one-eyed gaze very quickly back to the raven pegasus, his brow further furrowed. He leaned in slightly, staring up at Nevermore, their noses extremely close. ”What is wrong with me?” And then suddenly, he snapped backwards, standing up straight and his gaze returned to its regal emotionless glance.

[ tags ] Nevermore
[ words ] 414
[ ooc ] stop being a butt cae. Nevy is trying to help

A darkness, a shadow? Nevermore had read of shadow like creatures before, both in fiction and nonfiction. Evil entities that possessed a host and ultimately ruin their lives whilst causing all other sorts of mischief. But surly that couldn't have been happening to the freckled boy now, right? There was no real way for him to be sure, and with Caelian somewhat reluctant to speak with anyone, most of all himself, what could he do? Perhaps it was just an extreme bout of depression or maybe the beginnings of multiple personality disorder. The dark raven flipped through the extensive library of knowledge that was his mind, trying to thing of something that would fit the bill.

The next string of words that fell from the sovereign's lips pulled the regent out of his realm of though. Dark brows pulled together once more as he gave a slight shake of his head. It might not be thine top priority, but it still needs to be second to it. A heavy sigh left his nares, purple vapor wafting on the winds as he continued on. Thou cannot rule if thou art dead, Caelian... His tone was matter-of-fact as he stated the simple sentence. How could he not see just how reckless he was being in his actions? A simple decision not only affected him, but rippled throughout the entire kingdom like and overgrown web.

The icy words that fell off his king's tongue next prompted a snort to billow from the thin slit like nares at the end of his visage, allowing his glowing otherworldly breath to roll off of the boy's face as he leaned in. The beast angled his face to stare directly into the eyes of his ruler, his haunting gaze unwavering and unblinking. A deadly silence fell over the ebon raven as the spark of anger within him began to turn into a rolling flame. So this was the thanks he received for coming to help what he assumed to be his dear friend? For a fleeting second the darkening of his face hinted around to the monster that Nevermore truly was. The kind of nightmare that equine cowered in fear from and prayed against.

The inky black strands of his forelock cascaded down the sides of his chiseled face as Nevermore tipped his head to the right in a cryptic manner. To begin, I was under the assumption that thine friendship meant more to you that what thou hast shown me thus far... The regent uttered, voice cut and dry while heavily lacking emotion. Because if this is what thou hast to offer, I am sorely disappointed. Caelian... The ominous creature shifted his weight to cock a hip, resting in the presence of his sovereign as he attempted to wrestle his own blooming emotions back down that had more or less manifested itself.

Secondly, thou shroud thyself in darkness. Hoping to seek comfort in its shadows. With a tip of his snout he gestured briefly to the dark corner just behind him to emphasize his point.And, He began but stopped, only to lift a talon and poke at the silver crown adorning Caelian's head with an audible ting, ting. I remember you never needing to wear this. The phantom then retracted his clawed hand, placing it back upon the ground with a hardened glare. Shall I go on?

The stinging, cold words that left Nevermore’s mouth barely had an effect on the obsidian stallion. He raised his head slightly, tipping it as to give himself a more regal standard, as if staring down his nose at the other man. The chill exchange between them had once started as a concerning conversation gone south. For the real question was, what had happened to the young boy who had overcome adversity once, only to fall into darkness the second time around? Thou cannot rule if thou art dead. But he had already died.

Like a rolling fire the anger that had built within Nevermore was let loose as his statements continued. One after another they came, yet Caelian did nothing. He stood, stoic and expressionless, staring at the phantom as if nothing could change what had become. Besides, what could the raven winged man do to him that hadn’t already been done? Yet, Nevermore reached up and tapped the crown upon the Ambrosius king, something dawned upon him. He’d lived a life, did he really want to suffer another? Yet this time it would be different. This time, he’d have no friends left.

What did it matter? Did it matter? Memories of the past were clouded within his mind. He couldn’t see beyond the hatred and grief, he couldn’t find joy in his heart. He had no recollection of the two’s meeting, nor could he see how much Nevermore cared. One friend dead, the other pushed away. He was forgetting, he’d forgotten all his past mistakes.

Thou shroud thyself in darkness.

Maybe so. But was this darkness so horrible? It protected him. Or at least, that’s what he’d been told. Maybe it wasn’t so true after all, but he couldn’t change what he’d fallen into. Turning back wasn’t an option; one could not travel through time. The only way through was forwards, the only option was to continue on. And as it was, he would continue in darkness.

Nevermore’s action of tapping his crown came back to him, as did his words. I remember you never needing to wear this, droned in his ears until it drove him insane. Over and over it repeated like an echo in his mind as he tried to remember a time beyond, a time when he hadn’t decorated his head with a fanciful crown, showing everyone else that he was the king. Then finally, he stretched his mind beyond what was comfortable and he snapped.

"Stop it," he growled loudly, his teeth bared enough to show sharp hidden canines. His nose wrinkled up in a snarl, yet he let it relax, still keeping his teeth slightly bared. ”I cannot recall the time you speak of. Dear friend, he almost spat the word, ”Do you not enjoy my company?”

[ tags ] Nevermore
[ words ] 485
[ ooc ] oof the SHADE i cant

Throughout everything he had said to the freckled stag nothing seemed to be getting through to him. It was evident in the way he remained statue like and cold in his appearance. As if all matter of sense Nevermore was trying to verbally beat into him was merely rebounding off into the distance and falling upon deaf ears. What more could it possibly take to get through to him? To wrestle back the normal, loveable sovereign that the entire kingdom of Ambrosious knew? Perhaps nothing he said made a difference, but the simple action of him tapping a crown garnished a wicked response from the boy.

The command for him to stop earned Caelian a simple raise of a single brow as he searched his face. The angered snarl and flash of fangs, yes, it seemed like he had struck a nerve. And what, prey tell, do you want me to stop doing? Being honest? Nevermore inquired his tone continuing to uphold its natural romanian suave albeit layering on an icy demand. If thou expect me to stand here and coddle you with positive lies thou art highly mistaken. A scoff echoed within the deafening silence surrounding them, the tension so thick not even a blade could slice through it.

I knowest not how you came to be in such denial...it's saddening, really. A single lash of his tail betrayed the relaxed demeanor he tried to resume but the bubbling anger was too much. With the question of company being thrown in his face the dark raven answered pointedly. As you are, no? Absolutely. Not. He spoke the last two remaining words of his sentence as if they were dripping with poison. Taking a bold step forward he completely closed the gap between them, his lengthy shadow looming over him. Had I known this would be the result of our friendship I would have turned down your offer long ago.

He let those words sink in nice and slow as he speared the ground beneath him with his talons, gripping it to hold onto his composure. Was this thine intention all along? To make a fool of me, to use me as a mere pawn in thine kingdom? The earth that he held within his grasp began to crumble under his strength, dirt and rock slipping through his scaled fingers. As far as this conversation is going, I'd sayest that we were never friends to begin with.

Scoffs and disappointed sentences fell from the giant before him, yet he did not stop at one hark. Every words was laced with a powerful position, but all Caelian did was scowl. As the gap between them became nonexistent and the smaller horse as forced to glare upwards at his Regent, his unhealthy body almost shook with anger. He could hear Nevermore’s pawing of the ground, the dirt and rocks as they broke underneath his talons. Was it a threat? Was the phantom imagining his neck instead of the earth? Pawn in thine kingdom, is not everyone a pawn in someone’s game? Why not make the game your own?

But finally, his last statement swayed the speckled stallion. However, he did not lean in the right direction. Quietly, he spoke calmly to the looming nightmare before him. "Then let us be rid of our grief." With a smoothen step backward, he drew himself up to his full height once again and stared Nevermore blankly in the eyes. ”Nevermore, terror of the north, my friend, with the power burned upon my shoulders, I herby exile you to the lands of Waste. May the Warden of those lands do as he pleases with you.” With that, he turned his back on the raven pegasus. If he had any empathy left in him, he would’ve shed a tear, and maybe he did. He turned his dead eye to the once-Regent. ”I give you one full day, starting now, to leave.” Then he walked away from the phantom.

[ tags ] Nevermore
[ words ] 265
[ ooc ] noooooooo

Stock: HumbleBeez | Nathan Anderson | Tom Barrett

The gavel fell, and truth be told, Nevermore did not see this being one of Caelian's decisions. Nor did he ever imagine this being a potential outcome for simply wanting to help his once friend. Nevermore stood there, brow and gaze hardened as the very faint beginnings of a nightmarish sound vibrated within his throat, one that could not be described as any one animal. Harks falling back into the dark cascading river of his mane he lifted his chin higher, body threatening to quake with raw emotion. Exile. He voiced, curt and sharp before continuing on. Under what crime?

His question chimed, hanging heavily within the air and it was something he so desperately wanted to know. However, the freckled sovereign proceeded to turn his back giving him an inkling to the amount of time he had left in these lands. Silence fell over the pair once more and the phantom could do nothing but clench his fanged jaws together. Fine. If that is how it is. With two graceful strides the raven man stopped next to his former king, glaring into his dead eye in the process. Try not to burn thine own kingdom to the ground. He cawed, knowing it was a low blow but could no longer find the means to care.

Lunging forward the beast loped forward two or three more strides whilst unfurling his wings. With a powerful flap he became airborne again, soaring through the darkening skies as fast as his feathered limbs would allow. All he wanted right now was to place as much distance between Caelian and himself as possible.

End