Fimbulvetr

Nevermore

Member OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Arête & Tywin

Couple OTS

Private Tsuru no Hito Koe

A flock of snow-white cranes descended on the wetlands of Grosugr like angels in a flurry of stark red crowns against black and white feathers. Crying out mournfully to each other, they fluttered their wings in the crisp air and danced up and down in elaborate, spirited display for several moments before settling down to forage through the rich riverbanks. They picked their way through the tall grasses with enviable grace, each step of their long thin legs a choreographed dance. Against the paling green backdrop of river-grasses and the winding, glass-like surface of the river itself, the cranes and their aristocratic beauty were a piece of living art.

So it seemed to the newfound Jarl of these lands, the sunset-styled priestess who watched the birds' arrival with great wonder. Some distance away from their foraging grounds, silent and still as a statue save for the occasional flick of her tail and the rustling of the wind through her hair, she stood peaceful enough that the cranes were content to come near without alarm. Her roving golden gaze watched them as though entranced, and who really could say she was not? The red-crowned cranes - or tanchouzuru, as she knew them - were a familiar, auspicious, and altogether blessed sight that she never expected to find so far from her homeland, and Higurashi Kagura could not give enough thanks to whatever god or spirit that had brought them here to dance before her today.

Though she could have reveled in their presence for many more hours, at last she tore herself away from the beautiful and tranquil scene and walked quietly away. The cranes, she knew, would be back, for they were magnificently loyal creatures who remembered their homes, no matter how distant. But she had someone to find, someone she hoped would remain with her in this blessed place like a member of her own flock. "Davaros-han," she called out gently as she made her way through the Vromme holds, seeking out the spots she had learned that the gold-crowned kirin liked the most to haunt. "May I speak with you?"

[ tags ] Davaros
[ words ] 350
[ ooc ] Because I couldn't wait any longer for this thread XD Timeline-wise, set after the Ambrosius ball and after the Vromme herd meeting!

Photomanipulation: magtox
Stock: Malleni-Stock
Table and Coding: Raven
日暮神楽
ひ ぐ ら し か ぐ ら
Tag: @[Higurashi Kagura]

davaros arud

down the rivers of the windfall light

Cold had settled on the river laden holds of Vromme. When Davaros had returned from his pilgrimage all those moons ago it had been during the time of snow fall. He recalled that night with clarity. Icy, invisible tendrils had burrowed deep into the marrow of his bones via his cannons and the jaded carapaces along his dorsal. He’d returned home with thick pelt and frost laced bronze to find it hauntingly empty with an equally perturbing queen on the throne (though she stayed for a fleeting time). In a dim reminder of that snow flecked twilight night his stony pelt had already started to thicken in preparation for the harsh winter months to come. The moss that edged his kirin plates were slowly dying, browning until they ultimately would curl and hug his hide for what little warmth it would provide them in the blistering winds that would sweep across Vromme.

Winter was coming. There was no denying it. Vromme was stronger now than it had been in the past year, and Davaros knew that together they would remain strong provided unity remained amongst the newfound people. With a gentle sigh on his lips, the silent stud ripped his gaze from his own form and turned it back towards the mirror-like surface maze of waters that dotted Vromme’s plains. He trailed them with his vision, knowing full well he could have easily selected a patch that ultimately led nowhere and was land locked within the realm. His eyes had began to stray again, farther south, where the cliff-bluffs that buffered Eng from the Svartr Basalts rose high in the distance in a saturated reminder of it’s larger self, when Higurashi’s beckon reached his harks.

Visage sweeping around to the sunset female, Davaros’ lips rose with a smile befitting his serene and cordial nature. “A pleasant surprise,” he murmured upon her approach, twisting still back towards the high cliffs of the Eng bluffs. Seagull and other Vromme avian soared in silhouettes along their cliffs, surely where they had made their nests. “How can I help you, my friend?” his fluid tone wafted from lips that did not turn back to face her but remained forward, admiring.

TAGGED: Higurashi Kagura
WC: 366
MUSE: 3/5
OOC: Shaking off the cob-webs of writer's block, my apologies

coding © soupi
manip © aliyaahgrl @ dA

powerplay excused
within reasonable limits!
always tag responses.
@[Davaros]

Tag: @[Davaros]

She came up beside him with steps so serene they seemed to barely disturb the ground they walked on. He did not turn to face her, but she seemed not to mind, content to stand beside him and observe the same scenery that had captivated him so. Squinting slightly against the daylight, she too admired the elegant, sweeping flight of seabirds over the lofty black cliffs, their lonely cries punctuating the amiable silence. Though it was just the two of them, Kagura felt no need for more company. In the briskly cold air, the presence of another warm body so close beside could easily be felt across what little distance lay between them.

Though she was in no hurry to respond, at last she replied to his question after a few moments spent admiring the landscape and perhaps pondering her next words. "I have chosen to stay in this land of Vromme," she began slowly, and a little shyly. "It is a beautiful land and home to many peaceful spirits of creatures, water, and earth... I chose also to remain close to you." At that, she allowed herself a brief sidelong glance at him from the corner of her eye, but she elaborated on the subject no further and instead continued onwards. "Furthermore, our new Sovereign, who calls himself Bones - I have asked his blessing to preside over the riverlands Grosugr, and he has given it. I plan to make there both my home and my sanctuary, where I may pray, meditate, and teach any others who may come seeking the blessing of the gods."

None of this, however, gave a direct answer to his question, until at last she arrived at the crux of her visit to him. Now she did turn to face him fully, and gave him a gentle nudge against his moss-covered shoulder with the tip of her muzzle before gazing quite earnestly into his deep emeralds. "I would like to invite you to stay with me there, Davaros-han," she entreated him sweetly. "The rivers of Grosugr are no less beautiful than the plains of Eng, and we would have so much to talk about if you lived near to me."

[ tags ] Davaros
[ words ] 365
[ ooc ] Yeeaahhhh "talk" uh-huh sure that's what you mean ;))

Photomanipulation: magtox
Stock: Malleni-Stock
Table and Coding: Raven
日暮神楽
ひ ぐ ら し か ぐ ら
Tag: @[Higurashi Kagura]

davaros arud

down the rivers of the windfall light

It was one of those rare golden fall days where the sunlight poured upon the realm so brightly one was forced to squint to save their own vision. But it haloed what trees Vromme did bolster, and the great edging cliffs as well, in a sharp white-yellow light that seemed to match the birds aloft. Davaros wasn't one to typically appreciate birds, especially considering there were far more beautiful avian in the Southern realm, but the gulls affinity for water was an attribute he shared so he considered them a strange kin. With a serene smile lifting the corners of his stonewash lips, he quietly appreciated Higurashi's warm presence besides him. It had been far too long since he had found a companion who shared in some of his own values, or approached the world with the same respectful elegance and poise as they did. Sometimes Maura's brutish demeanor, albeit charming, required a cool down before returning for her friendship.

An audit pricked towards Kagura's gentle aria, his emerald eyes only following suit after she began to unnecessary defense to her previous statement: she had decided to stay in Vromme. The smile upon his muzzle extended, his kirin-esque tail swaying once to the left and right in a wordless acknowledgement and pronunciation of his content. When she paused both her speech and her admiration of the cliff to offer him a cursory glance, Davaros murmured, "I'm glad you did." A simple response. He had in the past always elected to remain quiet when possible, to avoid the chirping gossip of general small talk. But he appreciated conversation with the sunset mare, and while he did not wish to disturb the obvious intention to continue. And so she did, with her topics turning quickly in directions he had not previously anticipated. The smile dimmed from his visage not from disapproval but surprise. He hadn't thought her the type to pursue such a position so quickly, but then again, they had only been of acquaintance for a short time.

And she continued still. The kirin male listened attentively like a dutiful apprentice carefully memorizing the instructions of his maestor, and he found himself proud. Her objective for Grosugr was valiant and, in his own personal opinion, a necessary change from the rather vacant and haunted atmosphere that Vromme had procured in the coming year. As the climax of her desires were laid bare she turned to face him, a brief brush of his shoulder offered in... what? He wasn't entirely sure - or even sure what to call it. His stone flesh prickled again where her soft velvet muzzle had touched his skin, his emerald eyes following her own not out of curiosity but a carnal need to understand and examine. Silence had painted his lips to this point and continued still when she finally offered him a home in Grosugr. Needlessly she spoke of the rivers and the hold's beauty. But when she spoke of her fancy to have him near a boyishness hidden deep within the harmonious stallion swept a smile, pulled tight and unconscious, upon his muzzle. "I... I would like that." He cooed, his voice lowered superfluously. "Very much." A hoof rose and drew him nearer not by his own intention but unhindered none the less.

TAGGED: Higurashi Kagura
WC: 532
MUSE: 4/5
OOC: wiNK WONK

coding © soupi
manip © aliyaahgrl @ dA

powerplay excused
within reasonable limits!
always tag responses.
@[Davaros]

Tag: @[Davaros]