Fimbulvetr

Poppy

Character OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Aishe & Evandr

Couple OTS


Private dead but not dying

#1
There had been a victory. Bones had, somehow, come out on top despite his opponent being much larger. (In both height and girth.) And yet his own strange way had been good enough. Bones had come to find he had not just been fighting for his right to stand on the sodden bit of land but instead for, well, the sodden land and the kingdom of Vromme. Now a sovereign Bones knew what he had to do next. The whisperings of magic hidden with them had reached him and he was on his quest to find what was within him. Other than just a never ending supply of sand, of course. Bones knew his full strength had not yet returned to him and he needed to replace his shatter and cracking bones. Limping his way through the southern lands, Bones was becoming acquainted with what he would now be overseeing. There was a lovely lake that he had seen from a distance and decided it would be his first stop. While he could not ache his weary bones in the same way others could by dunking their bodies, there was something almost rejuvenating just by looking upon the waters.

Bones placed the rock he had found at his feet before turning his attention to his reflection. Glowing orb grew brighter as he stared at himself, his head cocked to the side. "A warrior. A king! Long may he reign." A hollow sounding laugh erupted from his agape jaw and he seemed rather pleased with himself. It was hard to tell if he was learning true emotion or if it was an assumed response from watching others.

Tearing his gaze away from his strikingly handsome self, Bones redirected his attention to the strange rock. Bones felt something inside though he didn't know what it was. Indigestion, perhaps. "Grass to soothe," he mumbled and tore a few blades up with his teeth. The skeleton chomped happily as the bits of grass merely fell from the bottom of his cranium. Bones rattled his jaw happily, the snack had so obviously helped. At least as far as he was concerned.

Storyteller

Name: Bones
Link to Profile: Bones
Item(s): Arcana Endowment
Requirements: 5 Posts
Please note when interacting with Bones, he is not aware he is not alive.
Mild power play allowed, ie touching and entering personal space.
Tag: @[Bones]

Storyteller Offline

Moderator

  • Gender: Stallion
  • Age & Season: Immortal Spring ✿
  • Height: 10hh
  • Arcana: Fate
  • Level: Virtuoso
  • Lineage: Local
  • Species: Equine
  • Posts: 171
  • Crystals: 905
  • Played By: NPC

#2

be swift!


Something is happening! They say that the dead still have stories to tell and this may be true. Who knows what creatures met a gruesome end in this very spot! Down deep below the first layers of earth many a treasure lie. What goodies could perhaps be dug up if one tried hard enough? The grass was plentiful and green, so one could only assume that the soil was very fertile here. It's said that when bodies die they become part of the grass. In a way, this was very true, wasn't it?

If one were to continue grazing they may have noticed something odd sticking up out of the ground. One couldn't tell if it was attached to anything by merely looking at it, but maybe if someone was able to dig it from beneath the soil there would be more there? It left a sobering reminder that life was fragile and so easily snuffed out...

Something is poking through the terrain! Do you have what it takes to figure out what it is? Bones

Tag: @[Storyteller]

Bones Offline

Sovereign ♕

  • Gender: Stallion
  • Age & Season: 13 Winter ❅
  • Height: 17hh
  • Arcana: Necromancer
  • Level: Adept
  • Lineage: Local
  • Species: Equine
  • Posts: 36
  • Crystals: 255
  • Played By: Kiwi

#3
Bones of Vromme munched happily upon the blades of grass, oblivious to his lack of taste buds and lack of a stomach. He continued to graze, occasionally stopping to check on the strange rock like object he had found. The once-dead sovereign paid no mind to the signs that pointed toward his lack of life and instead focused on his zest for life. Sure he was odd and sure he was different, but who wasn't? He began to move around the edge of the lake, grazing a short path around the water's edge before the front of his skull clicked against something sticking out of the ground. Bones lifted his head, tilting it at a terribly awkward angle as a hiss slid from his jaw. "What is this? Who would interrupt my bliss!" Despite his harsh words, he did not seem to be particularly bothered as he dropped his head again. The glistening golden orb that rested within the hollow of his skull roared to life with blinding light that cast shadows across the indents of his angular face.

Nudging the object did nothing to help him figure out the item's origins and so Bones decided in that moment he was no longer a royal. In that moment he became an archaeologist, intending to find out what this mystery thing was hidden beneath the soil. Lifting the pedal bone of his front right foot he began to dig around it in slow methodical motions in his attempt to unearth whatever it was. Every so often he'd make some vague sound of interest but other than that the sovereign was fully focused upon his task at hand.

Storyteller

ooc: i'm bad at time math i think this is within 3 days i think i had until like 4 am if not oop
Please note when interacting with Bones, he is not aware he is not alive.
Mild power play allowed, ie touching and entering personal space.
Tag: @[Bones]

Storyteller Offline

Moderator

  • Gender: Stallion
  • Age & Season: Immortal Spring ✿
  • Height: 10hh
  • Arcana: Fate
  • Level: Virtuoso
  • Lineage: Local
  • Species: Equine
  • Posts: 171
  • Crystals: 905
  • Played By: NPC

#4

be swift!


Something is happening! As you began to dig, you don't notice anything that is out of the ordinary at first. You do realize that the item is a bone of some sort. With each pass of your hoof through the soft soil, it became more clear that the object was a bone - but not just a single bone! There were several smaller bone fragments that were scattered throughout the dug up dirt. The dig would leave one to start asking some questions. For example - what had happened? Who was this creature, how had they died? Had it been of natural causes or had something more sinister happened here?

Maybe there was something more going on here that wasn't easy to spot with just the naked eye. Maybe there were more pieces to this intriguing puzzle that were hidden deeper within the earth. Digging each and every bone out by hoof would be tedious and take so much time... Maybe there was a faster way to do this?

Bones discovers a bone, but there is still much to uncover! What will you do next?

Tag: @[Storyteller]

Bones Offline

Sovereign ♕

  • Gender: Stallion
  • Age & Season: 13 Winter ❅
  • Height: 17hh
  • Arcana: Necromancer
  • Level: Adept
  • Lineage: Local
  • Species: Equine
  • Posts: 36
  • Crystals: 255
  • Played By: Kiwi

#5
With each strike of his pedal bones against the water-logged soil, Bones felt as if something within him grew. It was as if lightning was crackling it way through his bones and threatening to shatter him into a thousand pieces. Though he had to admit, it wasn't a terrible feeling. Almost like an excited dog, Bones' tail began to thump against the bones of his hindquarters with fervor. If he'd had an ounce of flesh on him the sharp sting from the bit of tail he did had would have been irritating, instead it was merely a sharp snap that did not do much other than make a sound.

The glistening golden orb began to grow, light threatening to spill out his eye sockets as it did. It grew and grew, filling the cavern of his skull in it's entirety. Something was surging through him though he wasn't quite sure yet. Bones stopped his digging for a moment, changing back from a determined archaeologist to the Vromme sovereign in a few short moments. His long slender limbs moved beneath his rib cage as he began to circle around the protruding bone. He dropped his head, pressing his own osseous nose to the bone as if some sort of kinship would assist him in his endeavor.

The ground squelched beneath him and a rattling sigh escaped his parted jaw as he roughly nudged the bones again. His own teeth sharply clanging together with excitement. "What are you?" He whispered sweetly as if the long since decayed carcass could hear his words. "What are you..." He mused aloud again, albeit softer this time as if his words were reserved only for whatever lay just beneath the earth.

 Storyteller  
Please note when interacting with Bones, he is not aware he is not alive.
Mild power play allowed, ie touching and entering personal space.
Tag: @[Bones]

Storyteller Offline

Moderator

  • Gender: Stallion
  • Age & Season: Immortal Spring ✿
  • Height: 10hh
  • Arcana: Fate
  • Level: Virtuoso
  • Lineage: Local
  • Species: Equine
  • Posts: 171
  • Crystals: 905
  • Played By: NPC

#6

be swift!


While the soft coos of the sovereign may have been appreciated by a femme (or stag, perhaps), the bone ultimately does not return his genuine earnest. Rather, stagnant and betraying, it remains unearthed in it's bowl of loam, speckled with dirt and but hardly discolored with age. Whatever had happened here, it had been recent, despite the victims unwavering silence.

But silence can be broken.

His muzzle to the resting ossein, within Bones a shudder seems to shake from the very marrow of his construct, quivering his structure perhaps. But that pulse lingered not within him but without. Pings signal in his mind's eye and suddenly, silently, wordlessly, he knows where else he may need to dig to uncover the ulterior motives of this lost soul. But it is fading, oh yes, that wordless but deafening pulse that had echoed from within him fades with each passing moment that he does not find another construct to solve this mystery. Better hurry, lest you lose the clues entirely...

Something is happening! Bones felt the first pulsation of... what? A hidden power? Only one way to find out.

Tag: @[Storyteller]

Bones Offline

Sovereign ♕

  • Gender: Stallion
  • Age & Season: 13 Winter ❅
  • Height: 17hh
  • Arcana: Necromancer
  • Level: Adept
  • Lineage: Local
  • Species: Equine
  • Posts: 36
  • Crystals: 255
  • Played By: Kiwi

#7
There was no response to his hushed whispers, spoken softly like to a lover. Though Bones hadn't truly been expecting a response. Instead it was more of a morbid curiosity that tugged at the few emotions the skeletal man did have. A sigh, not unlike a purr, rattled from his jaw as he continued to caress the exposed bone with his own. His tail twitched slightly as a new feeling began to wash over him, the wind grasping at the sparse strands that made their home at the base. Thin wisps of hair that gleamed in the light that reached him, unblocked by any sort of fauna. Death was all around them, whether it be old decaying trees or fish in drying lakes. Though Bones lived on, or at least as far as he knew.

It was as if the earth had a pulse that radiated from the bone below him. Like a beating heart it tugged at him and if he concentrated it was almost as if he could see the invisible thread conjoining them. The light within his cavernous head dimmed before going out completely, almost as if he had closed his eyes. Bones put all of his concentration into this endeavor, having since stopped his incessant digging. He could feel it. Something. Though he wasn't entirely sure what it was. Planting his feet firmly in the sodden earth, Bones willed whatever was awakening from inside him to come forth.

He had heard whispers of magic suddenly manifesting in those around him. Though he was unsure, was it possible his own latent arcana was coming forth? Suddenly the gleaming gold orb flared back to life, surely being bright enough to blind any nearby unlucky enough to be cursed with physical eyes. Power. He knew what it was he felt. It was power.
 Storyteller  
Please note when interacting with Bones, he is not aware he is not alive.
Mild power play allowed, ie touching and entering personal space.
Tag: @[Bones]

Storyteller Offline

Moderator

  • Gender: Stallion
  • Age & Season: Immortal Spring ✿
  • Height: 10hh
  • Arcana: Fate
  • Level: Virtuoso
  • Lineage: Local
  • Species: Equine
  • Posts: 171
  • Crystals: 905
  • Played By: NPC

#8

be swift!


Bones beckons to the dead and the dead doth answer. Capturing that pulsation, that sensation that had escaped him, he's pulled it taught. Harnessing this new found prowess of the archaic dark arts, the ossein within the earth respond. From the one twixt his hooves to those still unseen, undug, they begin to quiver. Small hums echo through the soil. The surfaced bone that Bones had unsurfaced snaps from its captive position, a sword from it's stone answering to the right caller.

One by one, bones jutted from the ground, wriggling through the sod until finally bursting free. Like snakes, though far less flexible, the bones rejoined each other. One by one the puzzle was completed. And the answer to what grizzly crime had been committed? Well... an elk leg sat, with clear grooves where a predators claws had raked at the calclium buildup for the marrow deep within. Deeps like foul play, but of the survival variety. Not nearly as entertaining as a murder mystery! But the leg quivers, responding to Bones dire concentration. It seems he's awoke something within himself...

Something is happening! Congratulations! Bones has uncovered the elk leg and achieved his Apprentice level! The quest is complete! Arcana Endowment will be removed from you inventory shortly and you may now use your magic freely in posts.

Tag: @[Storyteller]