Welcome to Slidr River Valley, home to the strong, the brave, and the resilient. Challenging the odds surmounting against them, the Houses of equine fight in a power struggle for ultimate control over the Valley. With the Bloodless fading away after the First Great Winter of Three, Fimbulvetr, the Slidr River Valley is in a state of discord as the Houses throw themselves into an arms race for power. From predators to the gods themselves every day ushers in a new obstacle to overcome. Fimbulvetr is a literate intermediate-advanced fantasy horse role-play with a survivalist concept. The environment is designed to work against your characters as they move forward in their journey through the arcana riddled realm of Slidr River Valley. With an immense history and lore, we encourage our members to create locals and "outsiders" alike.

▶︎ 9.9.18 We are holding an activity check! (Read more!)

8.15.18 New and improved spotlights have arrived! Vote for your Of the Season now! (Read more!)

07.25.18 Please welcome Cinder and Agrize to the staff team!

07.24.18 Mandate updates, House leadership, and new layouts! Whaaa? (Read more!)

07.02.18 Mod auditions, SWP updates, and OTM announcements, oh my! (Read more!)

06.25.18 OTM nominations are open for July! (Read more!)

06.10.18 A much needed (brief) update has been posted. (Read more!)

03.27.18 Several OOC actions can now be redeemed for crystals! (Read more!)

03.21.18 The Slidr River Valley now has a (wip) map! (Find it here!)

03.12.18 Fim has some new staff! Congratulate Briallu and Randalin next time you seen them! (Read more!)

03.05.18 Moderator auditions are upon us! Think you can benefit Fim as a staff member? (Read more!)

02.28.18 Clarifications have been made to the "How To Join" section of the guide book, and OTMs have been announced! (Read More!)

02.25.18 OTM voting has opened! Select your winners today! (Read more!)

02.21.18 OTM nominations are open! (Read more!)

02.14.18 Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Fim is announcing Auditions for the Ambrosius Sovereign and a new Spiritborne! (Read more!)

02.13.18 "Kcsssh, Houston, we're ready for landing..." You heard it! The new Fim is open! (Read more!)

Autumn Year 501 | The heat has broken, and the trees of the Valley begin their transition from emerald to citrine and rubine. The temperatures steadily drop as the progression of Autumn claims all of the Slidr River Valley and plunges it into the hallowed solstace. Snow already weightlessly falls from the sky on cold nights - especially to the North and West. The Laurel Alps and Frior Mountain Range begin the process of wrapping themselves in thick white blankets of snow, leaving the once purple snowcapped border of the continent a stark white crescendo on the horizon. To the East, the heat wave has finally broken. The staggering temperatures have fallen simply from the harsh miles of wind sweeping from the mountainous vales and into the bowl of the desert. Those huddling in the Frekr Oasis for salvation will find the nights frigid. Best light the plinth fires and stock up for the winter, for it is just around the corner.

▶︎ 10.17.18 Higurashi Kagura is now the Jarl of Grosugr!

10.15.18 Vromme is holding a House meeting! (Read more!)

10.11.18 Ambrosius is holding a grand party! All of the Valley is welcome! (Read more!)

10.06.18 The Challenge for Vromme's throne is complete! Congratulations, Bones! (Read more!)

09.17.18 Vromme's throne is once again empty! Will someone come forward to claim it? (Read more!)

09.01.18 Autumn has descended upon the Slidr River Valley and Vetr Wasteland!

06.14.18 SWP alert! The gory remains of killings litter the Red Wood's Last Stand. What could this mean for the Valley? Read more!

Character of the Season

Faelan!

Thread of the Season

Blood Moon Falling!
Ad & Aff Plotting Updates FAQ Mandates Outpost Lore Discord

[P] to whom it may concern

Zuriel

Nonpartisan
Equine
Stallion
16hh
15 Winter ❅
played by N A K I
65 crystals
7 posts

You brought me here for this
and I see nothing but disaster

He'd made it out of that damned place, and yet somehow along the way the old warrior had lost his companions. Zuriel did not complain however, alone in his thoughts the man wandered the strange new lands of the Valley. For the most part he was left alone by the wildlife, and was wise enough to know when to back away from a predator rather than take it head on. There is a faint memory of an encounter with a bear that so desperately wants to push to the forefront of his mind--but, for some reason, it's muddy and unclear. Was it really him? Or had he been a spectator? And, was it a bear? Or a large dog?

The harder he thought the more his mind pulsated in pain in the confines of his skull.

Shaking his head, white tresses of messy hair falling from the strong scarred neck of Zuriel, he continues on his path through the forest. Single silver eye searches, admiring the beauty that nature has birthed here; a sense of nostalgia he cannot place but does not mind washes over him like water on a hot day. He knows he loves the forest, he knows he loves the cool rigid mountains of the northern realms--for something deep within calls him to these places. He cannot help but close his eyes and breathe deep. Peace, this was what peace was, and there was a sense that he had lived a lifetime and never known it. Whatever these strange emotions meant or where, Zuriel did not press them further.

Regardless, the old warrior was content on wandering through the woods by his lonesome. The birds were singing of the coming fall season, and the inevitable winter that followed. Creatures big and small lumbered along the paths and the underbrush. A small ghostly smile pulled back at the corner of his lips then, eyes flickering open as Zuriel was struck with a sudden surge of energy. He felt like a young stallion again, propelling his legs to go from walk to run in a matter of seconds. Despite their protest, they did as their master commanded--and Zuriel, despite all his ageing pains and broken parts, was just as majestic and powerful as he had been in his youth. He was thunder upon the forest floor, leaping over fallen tree and broken stone, hair white fire upon his neck.

Zuriel had not felt this good in what he assumed was a lifetime.

Word Count: n//a | Tagged: Storyteller Andante| OOC: Permission to use code from Soupi

Andante

Sovereign ♕
Equine
Stallion
17.3hh
2 Spring ✿
played by Kagome
900 crystals
60 posts
MAMA CALLED ME DESTRUCTIVE, SAID
IT'D RUIN ME ONE DAY ―
Curiosity and a need for closure drove the young stallion here to this god forsaken place once again. As he approached the coverage of red woods he found his senses drowning in the memories of snapping teeth and dripping blood. With a mere trick of the mind he though he'd seen another strewn mangled corpse littering the ground and hanging from tree limbs like before. Yet, with a curt shake of his head he found himself standing within the same peaceful forest he'd stepped into. No matter how serene it might have seemed, he never would be able to look at this place the same way again.

The thoughts alone were enough to make his healing golden scars ache with a phantom pain. A heavy snort billowed from the boy king's nares as he took a few more commanding yet cautious steps. The ground was not slick with puddles of life fluid like before, but with dew and so he took care where to place his cloven hooves. Lowering his visage toward the ground the stag inhaled the deep earthy scent nature had to offer. Although refreshing he found no trail nor hint of dire wolf. If it had not been for the scars he bore Andante could have written the midnight hour attack off as nothing but a bad dream.

Dark audits twitched and rotated every which way until finally they snapped back behind him at the sound of thundering limbs across the land. Raising his visage in a swift albeit smooth fashion the boy whipped around to face whatever was fast approaching. If it were a wolf then he'd get his revenge. Pawing the ground momentarily he left a gouge in the forest floor before pulling the muscles in his haunches tight and throwing himself forward, galloping toward his new found prey. His legs churned, eating up the distance of the land as his crimson mane whipped and billowed out behind him.

He was fully ready to drop his head and attack with the brunt of his chrome colored horns until a spark of recognition fell upon him once the opposing creature bounded across a fallen tree. You?! It was the same ivory haired stallion he guided out of yggdrasil so long ago. Sinking his hackles low he skidded to a half halt and changed direction to avoid colliding with the older man. His barrel heaved for a few breaths as he stopped himself, leonine tail lashing behind him as he took another good look at the starry patterned traveler. I thought you might have been a wolf racing through here...what are you running around for?
000 words. tagged. Zuriel

Zuriel

Nonpartisan
Equine
Stallion
16hh
15 Winter ❅
played by N A K I
65 crystals
7 posts

Zuriel hadn't expected to find anyone here. In fact, the old warrior had not seen another face since espacing the confines of the tree. The tree, he thinks, something that he undoubtedly attributes to the new life he was given here. There is still the ache of something deep within, one that tries desperately to be known but cannot remember what it is and is forgotton again. A sad cycle, but the warrior stag doesn't dare dwell upon it. He has found tranquility and seeks to remain in such a state.

Halting in motion almost immediately as flecks of dark earth spray forward, Zuriel can't help but let out a laugh. The deep bass tones of his voice ring in the silence between the boy's words, resounding off of the giant trunks of the redwood. His good eye squints shut as he smiles, dead one barely able to do so--but still shuts in its own right. And as his vision flutters open again, he lets out a content sigh.

It's then that Zuriel notices the boy isn't as in tip-top shape as their previous encounter. Concern weaves its way onto his visage, creasing his brow in thought. Gold scars seemed to litter his body, and Zuriel couldn't help but wonder what kind of creature had been vile enough to harm such a young one.

"It's been ages since I've felt this alive, my apologies if I have startled you" he begins, moving a few steps closer as if he was going to inspect Andante further. "May I ask what sort of creature has attacked you? The claws seem....so familiar." a dull droning ache at the back of his skull began to throb. He should know this, he knows he should know---but as he tries to think nothing but the ache remains. With a sharp breath he forces the thoughts aside, instead ready to focus energy on the boy. That was something far more worth while.

"Were others wounded like you?"

Word Count: n//a | Tagged: Andante| OOC: Permission to use code from Soupi

Andante

Sovereign ♕
Equine
Stallion
17.3hh
2 Spring ✿
played by Kagome
900 crystals
60 posts
IT'D RUIN ME ONE DAY ―
The deep rich laughter that spouted from the man's lips allowed the boy's muscles to relax a smidge, but not by much. While he still carried himself with confidence he refused to just completely fall at ease. He was still within the realm of the wolves playground after all. The scarlet tendrils of his leonine tail swept across his hindquarters and his ebon ears perked at the beginning sentence of the stranger. The boy allowed a soft hum to vocalize within the confines of his throat, nodding subtly as he did so.

Feeling blissful enough to just run through the trees was not a feeling he'd felt in a long, long time. The weight of an entire kingdom rested heavily upon his shoulders. There was too much on his plate to even consider having a moment to himself, let alone enjoy what little personal time he had. Regardless, he pushed these thoughts away and arched his nape as the traveler stepped closer into his space. Then, a question fell from the older stallion's lips and Andante released a snort from his nares. It was a pack of dire wolves a fortnight ago... The crimson haired king uttered with disdain making his lip curl.

He could nearly hear the phantom sound of howls and snapping jaws in her ears now. He was lucky to have survived that night, and he owed much of that success to Ezera. Although he desperately wished it could have been the other way around. The question of others being possibly wounded made him lock his attention upon the ivory haired stranger for a moment before tossing it into the distant woods. If I remember correctly quite a few were injured but no one died. He murmured in a low tone of voice.

A crisp autumn breeze swept through the trunks of the redwoods, kicking up pine needles and promising colder weather to come. Shaking out his pelt momentarily he spared another glance in Zuriel's direction. There was an air of silence that surrounded him before he committed to asking his question. Have you ever faced a wolf? You mentioned that these marks looked familiar. He inquired with a single brow rising in response. Or, if you know anything useful about them that would be helpful for the next time I might come across the vermin.

Zuriel

Nonpartisan
Equine
Stallion
16hh
15 Winter ❅
played by N A K I
65 crystals
7 posts

The concern in his eyes was not hidden, but Zuriel almost sighed in relief as the boy spoke. At least, he thought, they could recover. Death was something one struggled with, and while the thought crossed his mind concerning the origin of why death stung him so, he came up with nothing. There were gaps in his mind, ones he could not explain, but again the old warrior pushed it aside with a content, soft smile.

"Good," he started. "That is good"

But what was even more curious is the fact that the boy asked if he had ever seen a Direwolf. It dawned on Zuriel that he had stated the familiarity of the wounds, but for lack of a better word had all but forgotten why. He looked at the boy with crimson hair and fancy horns for a long silent moment--almost searching, at a loss to answer. He didn't feel foolish, not like a liar would. The truth was that they were familiar, but Zuriel struggled to produce the snippet of experience that made him think such.

He let out a snort then, lowering his head just a bit in a sort of self deprecating chuckle. Another deep breath, and his eyes met that of the boy's again. "I must beg your forgiveness, for I cannot recall why they seem so." Zuriel offered a smile, crinkling the scars on the side of his face. "I know I have seen them before, and I know the dangers they bring. You probably think I am a fool, but that is okay." he chuckled again, "Or a liar---some crazy old man lost in the woods no?"

At this, he turned his gaze to their surroundings and took one more deep breath as if to solidify his pleasure with the forest. "This place, it reminds me of a place I think I once called home. I can't remember the name now, but this feeling. It's undeniable." His eyes closed and for a moment Zuriel simply listened. The breeze rustled the leaves, faint bird song echoed in the distance. "I would say it 'takes me back' but seeing as I cannot remember names or places well, it would be a useless statement."

Word Count: n//a | Tagged:  Andante| OOC: Permission to use code from Soupi

Andante

Sovereign ♕
Equine
Stallion
17.3hh
2 Spring ✿
played by Kagome
900 crystals
60 posts
IT'D RUIN ME ONE DAY ―
As the much older man began to speak again Andante pinched his brows together at his comment. He seriously did not remember if he'd even encountered a dire wolf? It seemed like something no one could ever forget. He himself still had dreams where he watched a wolf continuously bite and attack Ezera. Ripping chunk after chunk of her flesh while he stood by unable to really help, it was horrible. But then again he stopped to consider the fact that the stallion in his old age could be subject to possible memory loss. Regardless, the boy gave a simple shake of his visage, garnet forelock draping across his equally red eyes.

Fools do not live to be as old as you are... It was impossible unless said fool was sheltered all their life. But he himself had learned within his few short years of life that it took a considerable amount of wit to make it in this world. With a bend of his nape he then glanced in the direction Zuriel happened to be looking in, listening as the man went on speaking of his long lost home. His dark audits gave a subtle twitch at this and his mind began to acknowledge the fact that he never truly had a home before Tryggr. And even still, the house did not offer that warm inviting feeling one felt when they really belonged somewhere.

Falling out of his thoughts he watched as the white haired traveler closed his eyes and just took a moment to enjoy nature around him. Clenching his teeth he felt the muscles tighten within his jaw as a cloud of confusion hovered over him. And before he knew it he was verbalizing his mental inquiry. How is it that you can find happiness when your memory is failing you? Or bliss when you cannot remember the name of your own home? The young king asked, taking a step forward though his voice never escalated it teetered on the brink of collected and frustrated bewilderment.

I just told you of the dire wolves that attacked in this very forest and instead of taking heed or caution you admire the scenery. Andante shook his head again, baffled. His audits fell into the ocean of red that was his mane voice falling to an even softer tone. More of a mutter though still audible. How can you stay so positive when everything else is clearly wrong...?

Zuriel

Nonpartisan
Equine
Stallion
16hh
15 Winter ❅
played by N A K I
65 crystals
7 posts

Ah, there it was.

The series of questions was one that Zuriel had the distinct feeling he's answered before on numerous occasions; but it didn't stop the smile from crinkling the scars and skin near his eyes. A soft chortle pushed from his tattered pink nose, and Zuriel took a deep breath before giving an answer.

"Lad, I may not remember much but I know this; the scars I possess were not gained from being idle in my thinking. The story written in my flesh and etched in my bones is enough to tell me I have seen the deepest pits in hell and yet managed to survive." His voice was softer than one might expect; calm, collected, perhaps even wiser than even Zuriel knew. "And while it pains me that I have parts of me who are missing, I have chosen to acknowledge this as nothing but a blessing. For I have suffered enough in whatever en devours I'd been on---and even then, perhaps I was a thief or a murderer and this is the price I must pay; whatever the reasoning of the gods, I shall accept it with open arms."

He chuckled a bit then, drawing in the crisp air; "In short, I choose to be happy instead of waiting for happiness to choose me."

He turned his head toward the forest again, letting the vision of his good eye sweep across it with ease. The haunting feeling of nostalgia for something he could not recall still stabbed him on the inside of his ribs, beating against his chest in tandem with his own heart. There was something about the boy, too, that reminded him of....someone but damn if the name no longer existed in his memory. He pushed the irritation aside, and brought his single silver eye back to the young man with a sigh.

"I am mortal, and I am flawed; there are times choosing is hard. And there are times where I am hypocritical and get angry at the world." He admits freely, as if he'd known the boy since birth. "I have always been a believer in honesty. For the weak man hides his faults and the strong one acknowledges them."

Word Count: n//a | Tagged:  Andante| OOC: Permission to use code from Soupi

Andante

Sovereign ♕
Equine
Stallion
17.3hh
2 Spring ✿
played by Kagome
900 crystals
60 posts
IT'D RUIN ME ONE DAY ―
He listened, allowing his ebony harks to taken in every wise word murmured from the elder's scarred lips. His own maw pulled into a taunt frown as he then contemplated the first half of the man's eloquent wisdom. I choose to be happy instead of waiting for happiness to choose me. That was life in its simplest form. You could either let it devour and consume you, or live it to its fullest, taking everything in stride. Dark snake like pupils lowered toward the ground and then off into the opposite direction thoughtfully. Hmmm...I suppose I have forgotten about that.

Crimson eyes fall upon the tattered man and his smile again as he turns to look off into the depths of the forest. Again he speaks, and the boy king stops all manner of communication to listen, secretly eager for any other advice that he could place under his belt. Unlike most growing young men, Andante had missed teachings such as this in his life. Other boys his age had their fathers or other strong male figures to rely on and teach them valuable life lessons peppered with wisdom. While for a long time he had no one but himself until he came across Iracebeth and her dam. But even still his views remained skewed because of his pride.

However, to see an aged and weathered man such as this standing before him and speaking his testament, how could he not be swayed. Especially after seeing the man for what he is and the transparency he so vividly laid before him. Straightening his shoulders the boy king nodded his visage, a glimpse of understanding radiating within those fiery eyes of his. You mentioned having a home in the past, but I can assume that you do not have one now... He voiced suddenly, the corner of his mouth twitching in the beginnings of a faint smirk. Cocking a hip he rested his weight, getting comfortable as he went forward with his proposal.

I can see it...the honesty in your eye. The aristocratic king murmured. The vague grin that was there nearly threating to show the rest of his fangs behind coal colored lips. I feel like I can learn much from you. I would not mind extending residence within my kingdom in exchange for more wisdom... He hoped that this man would accept his offer, but of course, the choice was his and his alone.

Hosted By Isoldehn Affairs. Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2018 MyBB Group. Skin by Eshye. Site premise by Soupi.