Welcome to Slidr River Valley, home to the strong, the brave, and the resilient. Challenging the odds surmounting against them, the Houses of equine fight in a power struggle for ultimate control over the Valley. With the Bloodless fading away after the First Great Winter of Three, Fimbulvetr, the Slidr River Valley is in a state of discord as the Houses throw themselves into an arms race for power. From predators to the gods themselves every day ushers in a new obstacle to overcome. Fimbulvetr is a literate intermediate-advanced fantasy horse role-play with a survivalist concept. The environment is designed to work against your characters as they move forward in their journey through the arcana riddled realm of Slidr River Valley. With an immense history and lore, we encourage our members to create locals and "outsiders" alike.

▶︎ 8.15.18 New and improved spotlights have arrived! Vote for your Of the Season now! (Read more!)

07.25.18 Please welcome Cinder and Agrize to the staff team!

07.24.18 Mandate updates, House leadership, and new layouts! Whaaa? (Read more!)

07.02.18 Mod auditions, SWP updates, and OTM announcements, oh my! (Read more!)

06.25.18 OTM nominations are open for July! (Read more!)

06.10.18 A much needed (brief) update has been posted. (Read more!)

03.27.18 Several OOC actions can now be redeemed for crystals! (Read more!)

03.21.18 The Slidr River Valley now has a (wip) map! (Find it here!)

03.12.18 Fim has some new staff! Congratulate Briallu and Randalin next time you seen them! (Read more!)

03.05.18 Moderator auditions are upon us! Think you can benefit Fim as a staff member? (Read more!)

02.28.18 Clarifications have been made to the "How To Join" section of the guide book, and OTMs have been announced! (Read More!)

02.25.18 OTM voting has opened! Select your winners today! (Read more!)

02.21.18 OTM nominations are open! (Read more!)

02.14.18 Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Fim is announcing Auditions for the Ambrosius Sovereign and a new Spiritborne! (Read more!)

02.13.18 "Kcsssh, Houston, we're ready for landing..." You heard it! The new Fim is open! (Read more!)

Summer Year One | The sun is high and it is long, and with it as are the days. Summer has claimed the entirety of the Slidr River Valley and in doing so has cast higher, comportable temperatures throughout the Southern and Central territories. The Western still boasts snow capped mountains, but mud slides are frequent and they are heavy. The North remains green, just warm enough to cultivate and brood the new life there, but the further you tred the lower the temperatures fall, their mountains still ice cladden and snow tipped. The East, the poor souls, is sweltering. At night the temperatures drop to the Valley's daily warmth. Little can be done to add comfort, and each day the Oasis becomes drier and drier...

▶︎ 06.14.18 SWP alert! The gory remains of killings litter the Red Wood's Last Stand. What could this mean for the Valley? Read more!

05.15.18 Vromme's throne has been claimed! All hail Geminus!

04.28.18 Vromme's throne is empty and needs a new Sovereign! (Read more!)

04.07.18 Strange forces awaken in the territories! What ever could have caused them? Ambrosius, Vromme, Tryggr, and Exiles. And Andante takes the Tryggr throne!

03.13.18 An Ambrosius Sovereign rises; long live Caelian!

02.15.18 An aurora borealis is shining at Smár Lake! Check it out!

Character of the Season

Halani!

Thread of the Season

Blood Moon Rising!
Ad & Aff Plotting Updates FAQ Arcana History Graphics Discord

[O] Train For Intention {Arcana Quest}

Kaheia

Nonpartisan
Equine
Mare
19.2hh
4 Autumn ☁
played by Ervo
165 crystals
14 posts
Kaheia Ydur Ciros

"Stand Strong Against The Storm"
@Storyteller

It had been another day of exploring for the mare, her need to see the rest of these lands having over taken her mind. It was also a way for her to try and regain what power she had lost when she had entered this place. Her magic no longer scared her as it once had, the prospect of power and that she was no longer being pursued was tempting to say the least. It was like a tantalizing treat that she was grasping at by her teeth. She was sure that the taste of victory would be sugary sweet if she were able to claim it for her own.

Ziah flew above her, weaving in and out of the massive redwoods they traversed. Her raven calls echoing out in the haunting atmosphere. 'This place is giving me the creeps, are you sure we shouldn't turn back?'

Kaheia huffed at the telepathic question, her ears up and alert for anything that might have been lurking in the forest. 'Yeh can always turn back if yeh're scared, I'am capable ah handlin' myself.' She thought back to her companion, a smirk on her face. It was times like this that she enjoyed having company. They could take comfort in their unease by knowing the other was just around the bend. The telepathic communication was always a plus, her friends snark being concealed underneath the power of thoughts.

'I'm not scared! This place is just unnerving! That's all there is to it.' Ziah dipped down towards the ground, just above Kaheia. She let out an undignified squawk of annoyance, the distance closed just to make a point. She dove back up into the sky, looking out for her friend down below.

Kaheia's ears flicked at her friends squawk, her lips quirked upwards in amusement. 'Sure, sure, I'am sure the trees must be so scary.' Her tail flicked behind her as she trailed over the uneven terrain. Her nerves starting to stand on end. 'Ah mean from down here they're sure terrifyin', Ah almost can't stand it.'

'Now listen here you!' Ziah started, yelling within her mind.

Kaheia tuned her out, soft laughter playing off of her lips. It was well worth pushing her friends buttons to get such a reaction. For now she simply continued her travels, searching for a way to gain her powers back with Ziah's yelling as background noise.


"speech." | Magic | Link/Familiar

Quote:Name: Kaheia
Link to Profile: Link To Profile
Item(s): Arcana Endowment
Requirements: Link To Profile (post count)
template by soupi

Storyteller

Moderator
Equine
Stallion
10hh
Immortal Spring ✿
played by NPC
1,340 crystals
87 posts

be swift!


Something is happening! Little was going to stand in this buck' femme's way, it was certain. Her drive and determination to encapsulate her magic once again is remarkable, inspiring even. The Red Wood can feel it. There's a stately nature to her course through the trees. Their roots can feel her that in her core she is searching a piece of her soul, that she is ready, eager, prepared.

But is she truly prepared?

A dull rumble rolls through the forest floor, shuddering the high branches so that the first leaves turning with early autumn shudder weightlessly down, like the feathers left behind by a flurry of birds. Just as the tremor fades, another comes. And then another. The cadence continues until... the trunks of some juvenile trees break at the pummel of fists made of stone. A golem craft of chunks of mineral and crumbling dirt staggers onto Kaheia's path.

It's face - a crude image without eyes that hardly could resemble anything of intelligence at all - turns to the buckskin mare. The shadow of her raven friend passes through the sun, momentarily casting darkness over the golem as it stares are it. Then, without warning, it charges.

Your arcana quest begins! You have four replies to conquer the creature.


Kaheia

Nonpartisan
Equine
Mare
19.2hh
4 Autumn ☁
played by Ervo
165 crystals
14 posts
Kaheia Ydur Ciros

"Stand Strong Against The Storm"
@Storyteller

Amidst Ziah's rantings within her mind Kaheia was beginning to relax and enjoy her trek through the trees. It had started off as a wanderers dream and a drive to regain her magic but it was slowly turning into a light hearted day. Certainly nothing was going to go horribly wrong, so far the day had been nothing but pleasant?

Life loved to prove her wrong.

It started with the trembling ground, causing her to take a pause and look around. Early autumn leaves shook and floated down to the ground, her raven friend cawing in concern. Both of them to mentally shaken to speak telepathically to one an one-another. It faded within a moment, only to return again, slowly getting stronger. It was rumbling now, her hooves feeling the tremors within the ground. Her eyes narrowed and she faced forward, an aggressive snort escaping her muzzle. She took a step back as it crashed through the trees.

Gods above it was ugly.

She gave a whinny, calling out to her raven. "Don' ye dare run off on me!" She reared in defense and raced forward, her eyes aglow with the fiery passion of battle.

Ziah cawed out in fear, the birds wings flapping in distress as she climbed higher in the sky. "You're going to get us both killed!" Even with her comment Ziah stayed high up in the air, looking down at the scene below and trying to keep tabs on the giant rock creature.

Kaheia herself would try to gallop around the creature in a circling motion, going counterclockwise from its front. Once she was about halfway through her circle, she would begin to slow down. Her goal being to face the the golems right hand side. She would then pivot upon her forelegs, attempting to bring her hindlegs around to face the golem and give a harsh kick at where the creatures right ankle would be located. Aiming to put as much strength as she could behind it without damaging herself. She was hoping to bring some damage to the creature and slow its movement speed.



OC Note: Her attack is to give a kick to the golems right ankle, aiming to cause damage and slow its movement speed. Ziah is high up in the air, around 20ft from the ground trying to inform Kaheia on where the golem will attack next.


"speech." | Magic | Link/Familiar
template by soupi

Storyteller

Moderator
Equine
Stallion
10hh
Immortal Spring ✿
played by NPC
1,340 crystals
87 posts

be swift!


Something is happening! She kicks, she hits! The golem falls to the side, crude arms grasping at the trees for support as the boulder that serves as his hoot detaches from the rest of his rugged extremity. It swings once back in retaliation, but misses Kaheia. But the golem does not give up so easily. Rather, it clamored back up, abandoning it's lost stone, and rushes after her. Quick! There is little time to react!

In the moment, Kaheia feels a buzz of something familiar. It longs to be released, leaving behind it the phantom reminder of a close friend. Is it her arcana blossoming? What would happen if she tried to use it? Would she even recognize the feeling with that creature barreling after her? She best make her decision quickly, or she may soon be crushed!

You have three more replies to conquer the creature.


Kaheia

Nonpartisan
Equine
Mare
19.2hh
4 Autumn ☁
played by Ervo
165 crystals
14 posts
Kaheia Ydur Ciros

"Stand Strong Against The Storm"
@Storyteller

Kaheia watched with satisfaction as the golems ankle went flying off. A smirk rising to her face. She gave a loud whinny and began to prepare herself for an attack, seeing as it wasn't to impeded by her attack nor seemed to feel pain. It started to crash towards the ground, rending tree limbs and ripping up the earth beneath it. She gave a snort and shook her head to clear it from the dust and earth that had been kicked up. Her eyes were trained on the creature and when it swung towards her and she ducked off to the left, a gust of wind grazing her ears.

Ziah climbed higher into the sky, her cries reaching Kaheia mentally. 'Lookout! Charging earth monster coming right at you!' The raven cawed out, as if the noise was helping her friend at all.

'Shuddap ye rat wit' wings!' Kaheia snorted back, feeling the rush of something so familiar and yet foreign to her begin to surface. A bubbling energy she could quite place. She had no time to focus on it and instead figured it was simply adrenaline flowing through her veins. She decided to sprint towards the left in the same circling fashion as before, her eyes trained on her target.

She would mimic her last attack, pivoting and aiming to drive a kick at the golems other ankle area. Her aim this time was to knock it free like the other one. Certainly if both were missing it would start to move slower. She was careful to jump or move around fallen debris from the golems stumble. Knowing if her speed were to slow she would most definitely be crushed.



OC Note: Her attack is to give a kick to the golems left ankle, aiming to make it come off like the other one. Ziah climbed up higher in the air, around 25ft from the ground trying to inform Kaheia on where the golem will attack next.


"speech." | Magic | Link/Familiar
template by soupi

Storyteller

Moderator
Equine
Stallion
10hh
Immortal Spring ✿
played by NPC
1,340 crystals
87 posts

be swift!


Something is happening! Once again she kicks, but this particular shot falls short. While she strikes true, Kaheia's hoof grazes the surface of the golem's leg. The awkward clash of dagger and stone offers the creature etched from stone ample time to take another swing at the buckskin mare. But luck is not with either opponents in this battle, for the stone grazes along her haunches, offering superficial bruising and potentially knocking her off balance (if she isn't quick on her hooves)!

Stumbling, the golem continues to clamor after the unicorn mare. It seems she cannot escape so easily! Beneath her skin, the same energy seems to amplify with an invigorated adrenaline. It seems to scream in her ear, urging her to action, as if it may burst if not unleashed. The ball is again in Kaheia's court in this dangerous dance with the mountain's spawn, as it is slowing. This trial, and the injuries sustained, seem to be wearing him out. The once slim window for the upper hand may be widening in the mare's favor...

You have two more replies to conquer the creature.


Storyteller

Moderator
Equine
Stallion
10hh
Immortal Spring ✿
played by NPC
1,340 crystals
87 posts

be swift!


Something is happening! Oh no! The golem is descending too rapidly! The arcane power that had wished to burst forth from Kaheia fades like a quaffed flame. What upper hand she had wished to utilize has faded. Though the creature can make no true noises, the grinding of the stones it's form is constructed by deafens out the call of her avian friend. A large stone arm is brought back, and wallops the mare off to the side as if she is nothing more than a rag doll! But the injured golem does not linger after it's foe is temporarily disposed. Rather, it limps off quickly, disappearing into the great redwood, leaving mighty foot prints in the wake of its flee.

Oh no! You have failed to respond within the three day time frame! Unfortunately this quest has been failed. The Arcana Endowment has been removed from your inventory. Better luck next time!





Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2018 MyBB Group. Skin by Eshye. Site premise by Soupi.