Member OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Arête & Tywin

Couple OTS

Open Foreigners And Lords

Kaheia Ydur Ciros

"Stand Strong Against The Storm"

She had made it across the bridge, away from the fire and projectiles to this new cliff heavy land. Mist curled around her body like slithering snakes and shadows reached out with seeking tendrils. Her mane and tail began to curl more than usual, the humidity making it stick to her body like dampened seaweed. She paid no mind to it, her mind instead on whether or not this land would try to kill her like the last had.

Her thoughts had caught up with her since then however, the projectiles looking far to similar to the weapons their assailants had brought down upon her family. It was the flames that reminded her of her father and his wrath, he fought gallantly and she knew it. Her body was growing tired however, she knew she would have to find a place to stay soon enough.

But where?

As far as she knew her kingdom was the only one she had ever known of. It would have been best to try and stake it out on her own, but she was young. A budding adult, yet still far to young to know everything about being on her own. What was she going to do? She wasn't above asking for help, or directions, but she was far to proud to admit she didn't know what she was doing. She needed to find a place to call home, and fast, a place where she could simply get her bearings.

She shook herself out of her thoughts, deciding it was time to focus on her physical needs for now. She needed to rest and to eat something, her body complaining about the lack of food she had consumed as well as the extensive running. She stopped near a large tree, keeping her back to it so nothing could sneak up on her as she grazed. Her head would come up periodically to check for any danger and her ears twitched, listening to all the wildlife that surrounded her.

"speech." | Magic | Link/Familiar
template by soupi
Tag: @[Kaheia]

where they spin lies into fairydust
It was a terribly humid day, much too humid for Caelian’s liking as he trotted through the Bjarg, an area he had only passed through once before, but had never stopped to inspect. Coming back here brought back recent memories of running from imaginary (or real) spiders in the vast tunnels of the Bifrost, and most importantly, meeting Nevermore. Nevermore had quickly become Caelian’s closest, and first, friend. In fact, he, at the moment, was only one of two friends Caelian actually had. That’s why he happened to be so far away from his home, nearly three days journey. He was out searching for foreigners.

And it did not take him long to find one. He felt silly with his already curly hair on the frizz, and the fact that at the moment, he looked nothing like a king. Yes, his fresh coat and lovely aroma might say otherwise, as well as his aristocratic posture and stance, but his mane was a mess, much unlike a king’s mane should look. Yet, he was not the normal king. He was young, yet wise for his age. Still, he had that fire in him that only the youth held, and that extreme sense of adventure. So with a flick of his long forelock, he set toward the weary-looking traveller.

The freckled sovereign knew instantly from the way the other equine stood that she was weary of the land. No doubt something around her reminded her of another thing from her past, something dreadful. Caelian neared her cautiously. ”Excuse me,” he began, his smooth, light voice drifting over the wind, his beautifully foreign accent quite obvious. He cracked a smile. ”You seem lost. Need a hand?”
287 WORDS FOR Kaheia ― sorry its late here and im not exactly focused. this is a trashy post and its so so so short im sorrryyyy but at least its something. it will be much longer next time :3
Tag: @[Caelian]

Kaheia Ydur Ciros

It was the sight of a charcoal colored horse that caught her attention, a stallion by the appearance, one not much younger than herself. She held her head high, straightening out her body so that she was at her full height. The presence of someone new put her fur on end, nerves turning her into a more flighty mare than she had been. A low snort was given as she took in his scent, eyes narrowing at its pleasant nature. She herself more than likely smelled of earth and sea salt of her home, mixed with ash and smoke from transpired events.

Not exactly the most pleasant combination to be introduced with.

"I'am alright, thank ye fur askin'" Her ears twitched backwards and she took a nervous step, keeping her back to the tree. Did he even know what had drove her here? That she could be hunted at this very moment? At this point she wasn't sure how much she could trust anyone when they could so easily become an enemy. Her tail flicked behind her, the movement choppy with how curled it had become.

"If I may ask, whaur am I exactly?" Her eyes flicked back to where she had come from, "A raither, ah, unusual situation led me here." She was still unnerved, the threat of fire and sharp objects still at the forefront of her mind. It wasn't exactly easy to forget just how she came to be here, a land where she was unsure of her status and assailants not far behind.

It's not a bad post so shush XD you're perfectly fine ^^
*edit - totally forgot she spoke with a scottish accent, changed the writing so it reads that way :"D

template by soupi

As the mare returned his question with an answer, Caelian watched as she nervously stepped around. He had grown used to reading body language in Atnion, his old home. Most of the time, the equines around him either expressed a sense of curiousity, fear, or anger towards him. It was something he’d made peace with in his time.

But his ears were particularly drawn to her accent, something he’d never heard before. It was so unique, so strong, and yet, so magical to him. The movement of her tail caught his eye.

The freckled stallion then lifted his pale eyes to meet hers once more, her question ringing in his ears. ”This is the Slidr River Valley, from what I’ve drawn from the natives here.” As she flicked her eyes to the Bifrost, Caelian followed her gaze, smiling at her comment. ”Indeed. I can’t even begin to imagine what you’ve been through. I can see it written all over your face; the fear, the nerves, and you’re acting as if that tree will attack you at any point.” His intention was not to tease with something that shouldn’t be messed with. Instead, he intended to lift the gloomy mood that seemed to consume this mare.

”Walk with me,” Caelian started, tipping his head a bit higher as the light caught his obsidian horns and showered bits of his black mane with purple glass-like sun shards. ”Do not worry, nothing can get to you here.”
256 WORDS FOR Kaheia ― british and scottish accents :3 and geez why is this short too xD

Kaheia Ydur Ciros

She listened to the stallion speak, her stance growing more steady and her nerves beginning to calm. It seemed as though she was in no immediate danger and he wasn't aware of her status. An outlawed status that would certainly get her killed if she revealed it. She took a shifting step, steadying her body into a more formidable posture. Despite her ash laden mane and tangled tail she managed to keep an impressive appearance, her large size and fiery eyes making up for the ragged sight.

The stallions comment drew her ears forward and made her mouth go firm. Had he gone through the same thing? It seemed as though he was an outsider himself, speaking of natives rather than from firsthand. She decided to keep her guard up, muscles stiffening and ready for battle in case the need arrived.

"Ah can't trust that tree, when ah was walkin' through it the damn thing burst inta flames." She gave an distressed snort, her ears pinning against her skull. "Then once ah was in a tree limb maze the fire disappeared as if it had ne'er been there. Only to be replaced wit' weapons that were bein' thrown at me." She stomped a hoof, shaking her head with exasperation. "I somehow made it out ah there without bein' skewered."

She wasn't happy with how the past few days had gone, the flames and weapons only being the tip of the ice berg. Her home had been taken from her and she was left to fend for herself. Alone and nearly killed twice now she was starting to feel her patience with the world grow thin. To top it all off she was with a random stallion and she couldn't tell if he would recognize her name if she spoke it.

Walk with me. Do not worry, nothing can get to you here.

She stared at him with an incredulous expression, her eyes narrowed in suspicion. She may have been out of sorts and a little disgruntled, but she was not some scared filly that clung to every new person she met. She didn't know where this stallion had come from, his name, nor where they would end up. She could hardly figure out his intentions, after all the so called soldiers of her homeland showed themselves to be nice only to attack once her parents had let their guard down.

"Look, ah appreciate the courtesy but ah don't even know yer name. How am ah supposed to trust yer word when yeh don't even sound like yer a native?" She gave a snort and held strong, the flighty mare from before now hardened into stone. Her jaw was set in a firm line and her tail flicked behind her. She may have been coming off a bit strongly in the aggression department, but her fear was well placed. A strange stallion while she was on the run after almost being burned alive or impaled? It would make anyone second guess who they were speaking with.

*edit - found some misspellings :"D
template by soupi

Caelian intently listened to the foreign mare’s experience with the Bifrost, a small smile upon his face and he turned his graceful body towards the Slidr Valley, putting the great tree behind him. It was interesting what she said about it; fire and weapons was not something he’d had to fend against. ”That sounds like quite the event. And I thought what I had to face was horrible.” He shuddered at the thought. ”Spiders are not something I particularly enjoy.”

After what he said next, he was received with an expression of disbelief. Her whole face screamed mistrust. He couldn’t tell if he’d hurt her or not. More or less, what Caelian caught from her was deep misbelief and slight irritation.

And then she spoke it; the suspicion on her face poured out in her sentence. The sovereign's non-existent eyebrows rose slightly, as if in amusement or surprise. A small laugh came from his throat. ”That, my dear, is because I am no more of a native than you, though I assume you already figured that out.” He leaned his neck back slightly in a relaxed, yet still posh, stance. With his eyes faintly hooded, he began again, ”My name is Caelian. I’m from a land called Atnion, though I already know you’ve never heard of it.” He elegantly turned his head towards the mountains in the distance, his House. ”And what about you?” The question slipped his tongue with such ease, while his eyes continued to train on the snow covered peaks. The smallest of smiles crossed his chiseled face.
273 WORDS FOR Kaheia ― noot noot

Kaheia Ydur Ciros

Her caution seemed to be noticed, the stallion still keeping his cool. She snorted at him, shuffling on her feet as he spoke of spiders. Spiders? What was so scared about an insect she often was able to eat as a light snack? They were easily crushed or swatted away, nothing bigger than a small pebble. "A bit ah a strange fear, spiders that is. They make a good snack if ye can catch 'em." She flashed him a sarcastic grin, despite the tenseness she felt around them.

The stallion spoke of not being a native and Kahleia shot him an expression that said 'you think?' Her ear twitched and she shook her head, words tumbling out of her mouth before she could stop them. "Anybody worth'n ah their two cents in Galway would ha'e figured that one out." She shook her mane, the damp fur sticking partially to her neck. She was starting to get tired of this sticky and humid climate.

The stallion finally introduced himself as Caelian, a strange name for an equally strange horse. She figured she had no room to judge, as she wasn't exactly normal herself. Then he asked the tell tale question of where she had come from, him stating that he was from a kingdom known as Atnion. She had never heard of it as he inferred, her mind working overtime. If she hadn't heard of where he was from than certainly he wouldn't know of her small home kingdom?

"Kaheia, from the Kingdom of Eskana." She said after a slight pause, her voice quiet but still perfectly audible. Her coat had begun to feel heavy and started itching from the humidity. The ground was already soaked and she was beginning to think that leaving this area would have been the best course of action. She started to walk, deciding this stranger couldn't do anything to horrible to her. She was bigger and as far as she was concerned she was stronger than him too.

"Ye wanted to walk wee nyaff, didn' ye? Lead th' way, the grounds gonna get to wet to travel across soon." She paused just beside him, ready to follow his lead. "Unless ah course ye like wading through mud." She gave him a short smirk before giving a light paw to the ground, showing off the mucked terrain.

template by soupi

Caelian flinched slightly as he was snorted at, his ears flicking behind him for a meer moment, before they swivled back to face her. She commented on his fear of spiders, yet she didn’t know what he’d had to experience in there, and his previous experiences with the vile creatures. ”It was behemoth,” he murmured quietly to himself, mostly as a reasurance that he wasn’t insane. Her sarcastic grin helped relieve the small bit of tension in his neck. Personally, he wouldn’t like to eat one either. Too crunchy.

Then her neck comment made his hair stand slightly on end. He’d said what he said in a teasing manner, and was her response the same? He wouldn’t take it against himself. ”Anyone with ears would’ve easily guessed,” he chuckled.

And finally, the no-name mare spoke her name. It was a pretty one, and as he had assumed, the land she hailed from was unknown to him. He’d never even heard mention of it. He hadn’t overlooked how she had grown quieter when mentioning the land. He quickly added something, yet it was well enough timed to not seem like a rush. ”A beautifully unique name. I’ve never heard anything like it… Kaheia.” He smiled.

When she walked closer to him, he took the smallest step back and turned to his mountains once more. It seemed she finally wanted to take his advice and leave this sticky area, and he whole-heartedly agreed. She spoke and pawed at the ground, revealing a mucky terrain. He wrinkled his muzzle elegantly at it, before mischeviously smiling at her. ”Who doesn’t like a little mud every now and then?”

Almost instantly, Caelian set off towards Ambrosius, but paused slightly as he assumed maybe it wasn’t the best idea to bring this foreign horse into his lands. In his hesitation, he noticed he should explain himself. ”I’m sorry. My lands are beyond those mountain ranges in the distance. It has become habit to set that way. Maybe one day you’d like to visit?” It was a friendly, welcoming gesture, and he began walking again after it came out of his mouth.
367 WORDS FOR Kaheia ― this always looks so long then its like “nope, you barely wrote anything” whyyy flurry

Kaheia Ydur Ciros

She was relaxing now, the thoughts of danger now fleeing to further parts of her mind. It was nice admittedly, to be able to relax for a while. At the very least she would be able to get a solid night of rest. She managed a low laugh at his comment about ears, figuring that her little sayings weren't very well known. Her smile dropped at the thought of her name being beautiful. Her eyes went wide and she felt heat rush to her cheeks. The compliment having taken the stone faced mare off guard. She snorted and shook her head, trying to rid of the embarrassed feeling that was creeping into her heart.

"Ah hush ye haver. Don' gab pish." Her accent grew heavier and she slipped more and more into her normal dialect. The way she normally spoke with her parents rather than those of the normal public. Slowly the heat receded and she smirked at his comment about mud and couldn't help but want to tease him back.

"Oh I'am sure tha' ah pretty boy like ye would mind." She let out a breathy laugh, poking fun at his curling mane she was sure many found cute. He wasn't exactly bad looking now that she was thinking about it. The freckles across his coat more interesting than anything, although his shorter, curled mane gave off a boyish appearance.

She listened to him as he spoke of his lands, the mountains that she could see off in the distance being a land marker of sorts. It had taken her a moment of processing what he had said before it clicked. Had she been speaking with a leader this whole time? If so he didn't seem very off put by her attitude, perhaps she would have a chance at joining? He had offered for her to visit, but it seemed as though she would be safe for the time being here. Something about the fire, the spears, and now meeting someone so foreign, all of it seemed to tell her that she would be safe. That her past wouldn't catch her, at least not quickly.

"Ah would love to, bu', when ye said my lands, ye didn' mean tha' ye are a King did ye?" She watched him, her eyes curious and her head tilted slightly. She wasn't one to care about others opinions on her attitude, but a King's definitely had some weight.

template by soupi

Caelian found amusement bubble within himself as the mare’s thick accent floated through the air. He could tell she was relaxing, and it calmed him simply to see she was warming up to him. ”I’m not gabbing,” he said smoothly, lightly. ”I’m stating a fact.” He gave her a nice smile as his posture straightened slightly. The teasing tone in her next comment made him flick his ears. He felt a game coming on, a game he would enjoy. This mare wasn’t afraid to play and he enjoyed her unique disposition. Wrinkling his nose slightly, he gave a teasing answer in return, “Eeh. Maybe just a little.” A small laugh broke his lips.

As he spoke of his lands, he watched her very carefully. Her head tilted slightly, her eyes sparkling with curiosity and the question that slipped from her mouth. A slightly mischievous smile played on his lips but never allowed his teeth to show. ”Ah my mistake. I let slip. Yes, I am the sovereign of Ambrosius.” As he said this, he gazed off into the distance towards the mountains he called home, but his blue-eyed gaze quickly flicked back to the new foreigner. ”Does that mean you’ll visit? Maybe stay?” Another light smile broke through as his small, sharp canines flashed at her, his eyes sparking with playfulness and a hint of curiousity. He wondered what kind of equine she really was, and why she had seemed so tense when they first met only a few minutes ago. She was a mystery waiting to be solved, and he accepted the challenge.
274 WORDS FOR Kaheia ― sorry its a little short