Fimbulvetr

Nevermore

Member OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Arête & Tywin

Couple OTS


Open Faith Of The Void

#1
Kaheia Ydur Ciros

"Stand Strong Against The Storm"


The wind howled through the air, crying out for any wary souls to come join it in its cold dance. It ran across the form of a mare, tempting her into its cold embrace and away from the gnarled tree roots she traversed. The woman of buckskin paid no mind to the calls of the air, her topaz eyes instead focused upon the path ahead of her. Heavy footfalls echoed out across the stone, tresses of obsidian trailing behind her in waves. Her head was held high, a horn of buckskin gold pointing up towards the heaven upon her forehead. She was a proud mare and more than happy to continue her trek in her journey despite the dreary atmosphere.

The mares name was Kaheia, and she was not sure on how she had come upon this place. Everything since the attack had been a blur, her travels having stretched for more than a month. She could no longer access what little magic she had back when she lived within the her home kingdom. It made sense, she was constantly stressed about them still tracking her, wanting to finish her off as they did her family. It was no wonder she wasn't able to call upon it. In fact she wouldn't have wanted anything to do with her magic if not for her parents love in it.

She wasn't weak minded either, her will unwavering when it came to her own mind and body. Her parents held a love for the magical arts of their powers, and she was going to follow suit. For now she simply had to get out of this area, the tree roots and twisting paths making the area difficult to travel in.


"speech." | Magic | Link/Familiar
template by soupi
Tag: @[Kaheia]

#2

be swift!


The Bifrost was a living thing in its own right. It's soul purpose here was to both test those that passed through and to lead them out if they proved to be worthy. Today, another unsuspecting traveller found itself within its passage way. It didn't need to know the mare to see her past - it was an entity that knew all. As such, it would put the little lady through a test that would truly test the mare strength.

The silence stretched on for a few moments before everything seemed to shift within the tree. The atmosphere grew hot. It would be enough to make one pause for a moment and wonder just what exactly was happening. A red glow could be seen through the thick, gnarled branches that twisted this way and that. A flicker of yellow, the heat only seemingly growing in correspondence with the glowing light. If there was any confusion as to what was going on, there wouldn't be any now.

Suddenly, as if the flames had been doused with gasoline, the tree exploded in a raging inferno. Branches creaked and groaned, some falling like flaming beams to the forest floor. There was but one path that remained untouched by the flames. Hurry now! If you aren't quick, the flames could consume the passageway and then what would you do? Kaheia

Tag: @[Storyteller]

#3
Kaheia Ydur Ciros

"Stand Strong Against The Storm"


Her pace was leisurely in the beginning, her eyes simply taking in the area around her and her mind stewing within its own thoughts. It was the eerie silence that let her stay alert, the noise of wildlife having been sparse. It did come as a surprise when the air began to dry out before it grew to be hot. The heat reminded her of her fathers breath just before flames followed. This caused her to pick up the pace and her eyes stayed glued to the tree, watching as it started to glow hot like her fathers maw.

There was no confusion and she knew scorching heat was to follow this sudden change.

She was at a swift trot, keeping her wits about her. The tree was glowing now, bright yellows, oranges, and reds, looking like the coals of her families fireplace. It lacked any warmth in her heart, in fact it made her heart begin to race. She wasn't sure what was happening, had they found her already? Was she going to loose what freedom she had recently gained so soon?

Within seconds of the color change the tree burst into flames, fire and scorching heat running rampant through the area. She threw herself into a gallop, stretching her body out to the max in an effort to gain speed. She kept her eyes peeled, watching for falling debris and footholds for her hooves to keep steady in. Her eyes narrowed to keep out what smoke and ash she could, already feeling her nose and throat start to burn with irritation. She sped towards the passageway that seemed to be unaffected by the raging inferno.


"speech." | Magic | Link/Familiar
template by soupi
Tag: @[Kaheia]

#4

be swift!


Something is happening! Falling object lit aflame fell all around Kaheia, narrowly missing her form as she raced through the tree that was aflame. The smoke was thick through the narrow opening that seemed to be growing smaller and smaller by the second. Visibility was nearly impossible now and forget about breathing. If you didn't break through the opening, you would surely die of suffocation. The air threatened to burn throat and lungs, but the passage had been there! You had seen it! Act swiftly, now! Who knows what lay in wait on just the other side? It was best to stay alert...

Tag: @[Storyteller]

#5
Kaheia Ydur Ciros

"Stand Strong Against The Storm"


The smoke was getting thicker now, threatening to suffocate her if she didn't move fast enough. She kept her breaths shallow and closed her eyes, not being able to see through the smoke. She relied on her ears and her own two hooves to keep purchase on the ground. The passageway kept getting narrower and narrower, she felt as though she was going to get crushed in the process but continued onward.

She kept her ears up, listening to whatever was there over the roar of the flames, daring to open her eyes sparingly. They stung from the ash and her throat and nose burned with heat and exhaustion. She felt as though she were trapped within the fireplace at home, confined and surrounded by ash and heat.

As she neared toward what she thought the opening had been she lunged forward, throwing her body forward in a last ditch effort to break free from the suffocating heat. Her hooves were prepared to land harshly on whatever terrain was on the other side if she managed to just get past.


"speech." | Magic | Link/Familiar
template by soupi
Tag: @[Kaheia]

#6

be swift!


Something is happening! At first, it isn't clear whether or not Kaheia had made it into the tree. The heat continued to rush against her frame, the smoke still hot and burning. Then, almost as if none of it had been real at all, it disappeared. Fresh air rushed forward, the smoke and fire suddenly gone. How... strange. Still, as Kaheia comes to realize that the fire has vanished mysteriously and realizes she's within the tree, she'll come to find that it's as quiet as it was outside of the tree. Gnarled branches jut every which way within, creating a twisted maze that one wasn't sure if they would escape.

Here, there were many paths; some that were nearly hidden by the stretching branches within and others that ended suddenly, plunging a traveler who may not be paying attention to a certain death. It would seem that the terrain had no other tricks up its sleeve, but if one assumed such they were certain to meet an untimely death. It starts with just one - one sharp piece of sharpened earth that plunges straight into the earth between the front hooves of the hoof. A deadly projectile... now, where had the mare seen something like that before?

If there was one, surely there was more - and there were. More deadly projectiles fire from behind you, seeming to push you deeper within the twisted confines of the trees. Oh, you better move quickly! You wouldn't want one of the projectiles to hit you...


Tag: @[Storyteller]

#7
Kaheia Ydur Ciros

"Stand Strong Against The Storm"


Her hooves connected with the ground, her body lurching with the sudden halt. The scorching heat had subsided and she was able to open her eyes. A low cough escaped her mouth and she drew in fresh clean oxygen. Her topaz eyes landed upon the projectile, her nerves on edge and hearing the rushing wind of more following suit. It was a spear and her heart thudded in her chest. They had found her, they had to of, either that or the gods were playing a cruel trick upon her mind.

She had no time to think and instead ran, her body pushing forward deep into the tangled branches of the trees. She was on auto-pilot, not thinking, not allowing the past to catch her. Not yet, she wouldn't allow it. She had a life to live, for herself and her family.

A new surge of energy rushed through her at her own determination to simply survive. Her hooves clattered against the ground, her body taking in greedy gulps of air to keep herself going. Her mane and tail flowed behind her like a trail of smoke, blowing out of her face. She watched her feet, making sure to keep her footfalls from landing on anything suspicious. Her ears were her key source of information of the projectiles, listening for the whooshing of air that lead to their aim. She twisted and turned, moving in a zig-zag formation as if to try and shake off her invisible assailants.


"speech." | Magic | Link/Familiar
template by soupi
Tag: @[Kaheia]

#8

be swift!


Something is happening! Whatever was attacking her didn't let up - the sharp projectiles whiz past her ears, some perhaps too close for comfort. Further, into the tree and branches, it drives her. Dangerous as it was, it was actually leading Kaheia out of the maze that she found herself in. Even as the projectiles kept coming, she may notice another opening at the very end. Could it be the end of this nightmare? What was on the other side? The sharp daggers don't stop coming and probably won't until she on the other side. Whether or not it was safe, would be a relative term. High cliffs were waiting for her, the only way forward a bridge. Of course, if she was adamant about not staying, she could try to be the first to leave the way she came.

Only once she passes through the gap do the sharp object stop coming.

OOC: And it seems as though she's made it through! Her next destination is the Bjarg.

Tag: @[Storyteller]

#9
Kaheia Ydur Ciros

"Stand Strong Against The Storm"


Her ears twitched with every projectile that was thrown at her, some far to close to be considered safe. Her hooves were thunderous against the earth, her breaths coming in sharp gasps from the exertion. An opening was spotted and she dove for it, speeding up to break free from her assailant. She shuddered to a stop, hooves scrambling across the stone covered earth. Her chest was heaving and the projectiles stopped coming, her having made it through the gap.

She stood there, gasping and looking around with wild eyes. The sound of ocean waves could be heard beneath her, the high cliffs and the bridge being laid out before her eyes. She looked behind her, seeing nothing but the maze she had just left. Where had her assailants gone? Certainly they would not have left her alone after such a short chase. They wanted her dead, not scared, they wouldn't have left her so easily, not after what happened to her parents. Perhaps...

Perhaps it had been a test?

She shook her mane, her breaths settling and her nerves calming somewhat. This land was already strange and she had been here not even an hour. She wasn't keen on going back from where she had come, fire and projectiles aside. She had nothing to go back to after all, so why stay? She pressed forward with determination, starting over the bridge, her hoof steps echoing off the cliff walls. She kept her ears up and eyes open, her body jumpy and ready to move. This time she wasn't going to be taken by surprise, she was ready for whatever this new place decided to throw at her.

[Exit Thread]



"speech." | Magic | Link/Familiar
template by soupi
Tag: @[Kaheia]