Welcome to Slidr River Valley, home to the strong, the brave, and the resilient. Challenging the odds surmounting against them, the Houses of equine fight in a power struggle for ultimate control over the Valley. With the Bloodless fading away after the First Great Winter of Three, Fimbulvetr, the Slidr River Valley is in a state of discord as the Houses throw themselves into an arms race for power. From predators to the gods themselves every day ushers in a new obstacle to overcome. Fimbulvetr is a literate intermediate-advanced fantasy horse role-play with a survivalist concept. The environment is designed to work against your characters as they move forward in their journey through the arcana riddled realm of Slidr River Valley. With an immense history and lore, we encourage our members to create locals and "outsiders" alike.

▶︎ 9.9.18 We are holding an activity check! (Read more!)

8.15.18 New and improved spotlights have arrived! Vote for your Of the Season now! (Read more!)

07.25.18 Please welcome Cinder and Agrize to the staff team!

07.24.18 Mandate updates, House leadership, and new layouts! Whaaa? (Read more!)

07.02.18 Mod auditions, SWP updates, and OTM announcements, oh my! (Read more!)

06.25.18 OTM nominations are open for July! (Read more!)

06.10.18 A much needed (brief) update has been posted. (Read more!)

03.27.18 Several OOC actions can now be redeemed for crystals! (Read more!)

03.21.18 The Slidr River Valley now has a (wip) map! (Find it here!)

03.12.18 Fim has some new staff! Congratulate Briallu and Randalin next time you seen them! (Read more!)

03.05.18 Moderator auditions are upon us! Think you can benefit Fim as a staff member? (Read more!)

02.28.18 Clarifications have been made to the "How To Join" section of the guide book, and OTMs have been announced! (Read More!)

02.25.18 OTM voting has opened! Select your winners today! (Read more!)

02.21.18 OTM nominations are open! (Read more!)

02.14.18 Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Fim is announcing Auditions for the Ambrosius Sovereign and a new Spiritborne! (Read more!)

02.13.18 "Kcsssh, Houston, we're ready for landing..." You heard it! The new Fim is open! (Read more!)

Autumn Year 501 | The heat has broken, and the trees of the Valley begin their transition from emerald to citrine and rubine. The temperatures steadily drop as the progression of Autumn claims all of the Slidr River Valley and plunges it into the hallowed solstace. Snow already weightlessly falls from the sky on cold nights - especially to the North and West. The Laurel Alps and Frior Mountain Range begin the process of wrapping themselves in thick white blankets of snow, leaving the once purple snowcapped border of the continent a stark white crescendo on the horizon. To the East, the heat wave has finally broken. The staggering temperatures have fallen simply from the harsh miles of wind sweeping from the mountainous vales and into the bowl of the desert. Those huddling in the Frekr Oasis for salvation will find the nights frigid. Best light the plinth fires and stock up for the winter, for it is just around the corner.

▶︎ 09.17.18 Vromme's throne is once again empty! Will someone come forward to claim it? (Read more!)

09.01.18 Autumn has descended upon the Slidr River Valley and Vetr Wasteland!

06.14.18 SWP alert! The gory remains of killings litter the Red Wood's Last Stand. What could this mean for the Valley? Read more!

05.15.18 Vromme's throne has been claimed! All hail Geminus!

04.28.18 Vromme's throne is empty and needs a new Sovereign! (Read more!)

04.07.18 Strange forces awaken in the territories! What ever could have caused them? Ambrosius, Vromme, Tryggr, and Exiles. And Andante takes the Tryggr throne!

03.13.18 An Ambrosius Sovereign rises; long live Caelian!

02.15.18 An aurora borealis is shining at Smár Lake! Check it out!

Character of the Season

Faelan!

Thread of the Season

Blood Moon Falling!
Ad & Aff Plotting Updates FAQ Mandates Outpost Graphics Discord

Help the Newbie (please)

Schizo

played by
crystals
N/A posts
Haha hello everyone, I’m new here. Clearly. Before I ask my explosion of questions, I’m super super sorry if you aren’t allowed to post any OOC stuff before being approved. My bad, if you’re not allowed to, i didn’t see it in the rules. Anywho, I’m really curious to see how this place works! I can see you guys put a lot of effort into this place. My main question is can anyone provide a simple template with one big scrolly plate? My current template really isn’t very good it looks messy I think so if anyone would be willing to make me a template some time I’d be so grateful! Or is there a way to buy templates? Either way, I’m looking for a better template lol. Another thing I’ve gotten confused on is how to get those amazing drawings the user Flurry does. I’ve searched for a place to request them or something, but haven’t found it. It’s totally fine if they don’t offer drawings anymore or at all I was just curious, same with the template thing.

Those were just a few things I was a bit unclear on, thanks!

Corvina

Nonpartisan
Equine
Mare
15.2hh
8 Winter ❅
played by Agrize
30 crystals
2 posts
So the best I can do is this template (here). It's not the most streamlined coding-wise, though, as it was the first actual table I created back in 2015-ish. I can remove the top and bottom portion if you only want the scrolling bit. You might need to find someone more knowledgeable than me if you want anything fancy added like an overlapping picture or something super complicated.

I would ask Flurry about the drawings. I believe they're the one doing them but I'm horrible at remembering who's who. :(

Also, do you have a Discord account? If so, you should join us if you haven't already! Our chat is pretty active and it's a great way to get to know other members and such. :)

Schizo

played by
crystals
N/A posts
Oh my goodness the template thing sounds wonderful, thank you! I think it looks great. And yes, I believe Flurry is I looked in the credits of those who have the drawings and saw their name everytime. I don’t currently have discord nor an account but perhaps I’ll get it so I can chat!

Thanks again for the help haha. I’d be so happy if you’d allow me to use the template I think it looks amazing. I know simple codes, so I can change the color myself etc. if that’s alright with you. :)

Corvina

Nonpartisan
Equine
Mare
15.2hh
8 Winter ❅
played by Agrize
30 crystals
2 posts
Perfect! Feel free to alter it however you want! :)

And definitely check out Discord. From what I've seen most everyone has migrated to it from Skype and it seems like more and more rpg sites and deviantart arpgs are beginning to use it.

Also, my inbox is always open! :) You can pm me here or on my OOC account, Agrize

Soupi

Architect
Equine
Mare
15.2hh
Immortal Summer ☀︎
played by Soupi
35 crystals
20 posts
Hey Schizo!

Welcome to Fimbulvetr! We're so glad to have you and I'm so happy you're liking everything so far. Obviously, we're a pretty friendly bunch, with Agrize here leading the kindness conga line!

To answer some of your questions, yes Flurry did do a lot of those drawings you're seeing! She doesn't have anything posted here on the site offering them, but I know she has a journey on her deviantART account (the-golden-baguette, I believe) if you're interested in commissioning her! I also tagged her for ease and to draw her attention.

And it looks like Griz got you a template, but if you're eager to learn or get your hands dirty there is a Basic Coding 101 thread that will help you make a basic table!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

a wild DRATATATA appeared!