Fimbulvetr

Ren

Character OTS

OTS 1
OTS 2

Björn & Lirr

Couple OTS

Private Brothers in Arms

Solitude. It may suit some, but it's driving her as mad as a hatter. With only herself to keep her company, it's easy to imagine that conversation seemed to become rather... dry. Though there was much to consider and contemplate in her self exile. On more than one occasion, she placed her armor out on the ground and converse with it. Asking about her home. How did they fair through the last winter. Where her parents worried? Did they miss her? Did Tryggr miss her? Probably not. Not Tryggr, no, they had their heads stuck too far up their own rear ends to probably even notice their absence. She'd heard rumor that the female sovereign who reign when she left was no longer in charge, replaced by a boy a king. She doubted much of anything has changed under his rule and not worth the trouble it might cause to return and see for herself.

Another rumor she'd over heard stuck out to her. Tale of a large warrior woman taking control of Ambrosius. If anyone was to give her a chance at her dream, surely she would. She spent days considering the course of action. She couldn't just waltz in and ask, no. That wouldn't exactly go well. She had to prove her loyalty to a woman she'd never met and that wouldn't exactly be a simple task, but after this past year, she was willing to try most anything.

Dawning her armor, she drew a deep breath before leaving behind her makeshift home in hopes that where she was going would be a new, more permanent home.

To her left, she could see the familiar mountains of Tryggr and knot formed in her stomach as she held her eyes on it's familiar shape. Tearing herself away, she flew past it nearer her destination, the Ambrosius mountain range ahead of her, but rather than entering their domain, she drew landed herself in Dael, very near the border and starting an Ambrosian with her landing. The small woman dawning armor was a strange sight for the citizen and she didn't help the situation much as she locked eyes with them. Raising her voice, she called out. "You there! The warrior sovereign of this land, can you find her? Find her and tell her I am waiting for her here."

The woman looked at her almost offended at the tone, cocking her head and starting to walk toward little Asteria. However, as she drew nearer, something seemed very wrong, the little woman had no shadow. Freezing a moment she stared at where the shadow should be before her eyes were torn away at the shout of the chimera once again. "I'm not going to wait all day." Startled and un-nerved, she didn't even notice that the shadow had returned beneath her feet and instead turned to run back towards towards the safety of the house.

The woman came running, panting from the treck, but nonetheless calling out for the sovereign. "Sovereign Antiope, your highness! There's a-a-a THING searching for you at the edge of the Dael!" She looked paniced from what she saw, but relieved to have put distance between it and herself.

Asteria though waited a bit impatiently near border that teeters between the Dael and Fjollottr. She was however a bit pleased with her trickery. She had quite a bit of time to practice on her own, but it wasn't the same without someone to witness it.

Antiope
Tag: @[Asteria]

Antiope

My purpose is greater than my pain.
The air was crisp and cool with traces of alpine clinging to the breeze. The trees had long changed their evergreen robes for gowns of fire; reds, oranges, and vibrant yellows had made the mountains almost look as though they were on fire. Snow had begun to fall in the northernmost reaches of Ambrosius's territory, though that wasn't much of a surprise. The mountains that crowned the valley had hardly been touched by summer's heat and had retained snow upon its tallest peaks. The slightest shift in temperature would have welcomed snow back into the mountains, though so far the early snowfalls had remained in reaches not often seen by house members. All the gilt sovereign could hope for was a gentler winter. The scars of last winter's avalanches were still prominent on the mountainsides, though new growth had begun to heal the wounds that the disaster had left behind. IN a few years, it would be almost like it had never happened.

Eyes of chipped garnet squinted against the sun, watching the flame-colored leaves rustle below her. Perched high on a rocky outcropping, Antiope had taken to standing guard like a golden sentinel over Ambrosius's southern entrance. Bordering on Dael, a free territory that often acted as a sanctuary, it was common for nonpartisans or other house members to come from the south. It was the easiest path and the most well-worn. It was inviting, there was no doubt about that. So when some poor, frightened woman came running up the path to her - as all of Ambrosius knew their sovereign's penchant to stand guard outside of Dael - Antiope was somehow not surprised by the disturbance...Mostly concerned. No dangers had come to her doorstep since Antiope had won the throne. Had that changed?

With little preamble, the armored sovereign left her perch. Sailing through the sky, Antiope swooped through the trees to the border between Dael and Fjollottr. Her dark crimson cloak draped haphazardly across her back, dragging along the ground on one side, though it was of little concern to Antiope. Her gaze settled on the only soul that could have possibly scared her citizen, though was curious. How could someone so small frighten another so? The woman before her was diminutive compared to Antiope's own height and build, winged, and fitted with a set of armor of her own. Of what Antiope could see, the smaller woman is split in two tones - a pale cream and a midnight blue. Steel blocks finer details, though is less extensive than Antiope's own. For a moment, she wants to ask how the other mare had gotten such a small set of armor, but refrains. That would be rude.

"Do you make it a habit to frighten simple folk?"

tagged: Asteria
notes: none
"Antiope’s speech!" Antiope’s thoughts!
Tag: @[Antiope]

Her ears twitched at the sound of beatings wings as a massive figure approached from above. Looking up through her steel helm, she waited for who she could only assume to be the sovereign. Her pelt a blinding bronze against the sunlight. The sharp edges of dark steel contrasting against that warm color giving her already large frame a more intimidating appearance. She lifted her head up high, or as much as someone her size could stand tall. The blade like horn on her helm pointed towards the sky, a sheepish smile gracing her maw at the words spoken to her. "Scaring folk? Little me?" She paused slightly before nodding her head, "Okay, well maybe a tiny bit. Was't really sure how else to get your attention. You are the sovereign Antiope, yes? I'd heard word of the new warrior woman who leads Ambrosius."

Her gaze shifted across the mare's body, studying the armor protecting her skin, the way she carried herself, the look in her eyes. She was a hard one to read, very stoic and proud, but that was all she could really tell. Nevertheless, she was intrigued. The air of mystery around her certainly didn't change the small chimera's mind though. A deep breath filled her lungs giving the Pegasus a small burst of courage as she took a step forward. She stretched one leg forward and let the other fold, lowering her front half into a bow, her nose touching the ground in a regal, practiced bow. "I seek to be among your ranks. A soldier of Ambrosius." Between the slits of the helm, what looked like two separate faces peered up at the mountainous woman.

Drawing herself back up from the ground, she let her wings shuffle, twin tails moving independent of one another like two separate entities. "Don't worry, I can prove my worth. Not just a pretty little face." Asteria assured, though was fully expecting some kind of laugh or disbelief. She could recall back often how others looked down on her in more than a literal sense. Their disapproving stares, annoyance with her insistence to be one of the big dogs. That was something they often noted on. Calling her a small dog with a big dog attitude. It certainly left a sour taste in her mouth, one she'd prefer to leave in the past.

But here, now. She looked forward to a challenge. A chance to prove herself worthy of being a soldier.

Antiope

Antiope

Antiope takes a moment to inspect the little mare. While everything is little to Antiope, who often stood as a giant among men, there is something most delicate about the pegasus before her. The strange mare is willowy as if the wind could carry her away at any moment, yet a strength to her that prevents it from happening. Antiope knows not to judge a soul's strength bu their size, though. The light in the other mare's bi-colored eyes is one the sovereign is all too familiar with. A flame that had once burned in her own heart; the need to do more, be more. There was more to Asteria than her appearance spoke, thus Antiope was not quick to judge. A girl walking the same path Antiope had once tread, though she certainly had more spunk than Antiope had had in her youth. She had been fire and rage, fighting to earn her place among men who laughed at her. While Antiope couldn't know of the other mare's past, she knew one thing:

If they were indeed two souls cut of the same cloth, she would not stand in the other mare's way. Antiope had not fought as hard as she had to block the way for others.

Cream and midnight blue look as though they're battling each other on Asteria's body, reminding Antiope of the way dawn sometimes wrestled with the night. The colors clashed, yet complimented each other; chaotic, yet balanced. Her forthright demeanor elicited a chuckle from the normally aloof sovereign. There were certainly other ways to get Antiope's attention, but she couldn't deny the pleasure in a harmless prank. "I am Sovereign Antiope. Though 'new' might not be so appropriate now, as I've been here for some time." Her rich baritones were warmer and more welcoming than she had initially been, now that it was clear there was no danger threatening the lives of Ambrosius. She had been the sovereign of the North for nearly a year; an important anniversary that was just around the corner. Those of her house chattered of some grand affair to mark the occasion, but talks of parties were the fastest way to make Antiope pick up a guard shift.

The gilt pegasus's brows rose slightly as the smaller chimera took a step forward before dropping into a well-practiced bow. Antiope knew the move well, having done it many times in her lifetime. "You wish to swear fealty to the House of Ambrosius." It was a statement, not a question, as it was quite clear what the smaller chimera wished to do well before her words came tumbling out. Antiope made it a point to say Ambrosius, rather than herself. After all, the life of a ruler was rife with uncertainty. A small smile threatened to curl Antiope's lips, tugging gently on one side as Asteria continued. "You won't have to prove your worth to just me. The soft sons of the Ambrosius lords are hardly a challenge, though there are some older guardsmen that will be slow to warm up to you." If she had expected to be rebuffed, then the little mare was in for a surprise. If anyone understood her struggle, it was Antiope. Empathy crackled in the sovereign's garnet gaze, intermingled with something else that was hard to place. Perhaps encouragement, or something else entirely, though it was lost to the stoic mask Antiope often wore.

"What is your name? I cannot call you by your rank every time I see you."

After raising from her bow, her gaze followed the sovereign expectantly. Searching those deep pools of crimson for something familiar swirling deep inside behind her guarded face. A deeper, soothing tone like what rich honey must sound like graced her hears once more as a statement was offered. Though it would be rather hard to misinterpret her actions. What else could she have possibly meant other than asking to be among the ranks of this house? Her gaze shifted down, or rather more eye level and notice patches of dark brown among her coppery pelt and she fought the urge to tilt her head in interested confusion. What this giant of a woman two in one body like her? Her eyes once again returned up with a stern nod. "I offer myself in service to Ambrosius and those who should call it home. A house is it's people after all."

She expected much more reluctance on the woman's part in her acceptance though. Not for the fact she was, well, a she, but her short stature often sowed doubt in her superiors and anyone else who heard. "I have no doubts I can win over a few stubborn old men." She said, a cheeky smile underneath the dark steel, With her head tilted, it was easier to noticed the small insignia etched onto the side near the back of the helm. It wasn't from any house, but the imagery was recognizable. The appearance of a the sun and moon existing together. Not like eclipse, but in harmony. It's reasoning was perhaps guessable, even with the coloring that was visible.

Lowering her head back to the ground, she used one of her front legs to remove the helmet from her head. Letting it fall to the ground, she rose back up, the full impact of her face finally visible to her new sovereign. One half light cream, the other a gentle gradient of midnight blues. It almost didn't look real, the two appearing to fight for dominance over her face. Tiny specks of the cream coat spread into the edges of the blue like fading stars in the night sky. Her eyes two different colors are pale in the center giving her an almost vacant or ethereal look. There was certainly no mistaking her for another. "My name is Asteria, sovereign Antiope."

Removing her helm was a sign of a lowered defense, trust. While she didn't trust the sovereign, she had not reason not to trust her either. Only time would tell the worth of the giant and those of Ambrosius. It would certainly be quite the change of scenery.

Antiope

Antiope

A deep chuckle reverberated from Antiope's broad chest. With magic unseen, the steel that protected her skull freed itself. The dark sharp steel floated upward - revealing her face of scars and eyes that had seen many things over the years - snagging golden locks of Antiope's forelock and mane along the way. It gently hovered off to Antiope's side before landing at the ground near her hooves. Though removing one's helm as a sovereign wasn't expected, Antiope saw it as a sign of respect she could give others. She generally went without her armor around those of her own house, so why should Asteria be any different now she was swearing fealty to Ambrosius?

Besides, she hardly expected the smaller chimera to be a threat.

"You are right, though...I'd refrain from whatever trick you pulled earlier for a while. The simple folk are easily frightened." There was a pause, allowing the larger pegasus a moment to shift. A whisper of burgundy cloth brushed along her golden hide and steel, likely growing dirtier by the minute. "If they haven't sought to force me out the mountains, they shouldn't give you much worry. If they do, give them a few good kicks. Usually sorts those type of men out," she continued with a subtle smirk, remembering spending many days of her own youth kicking the snot out of misogynistic stallions.

"Asteria," Antiope tested, letting the name roll off her tongue. "A mighty name to live up to where I'm from, Guardsman Asteria. I hope you do not disappoint me." With that, the steel helm rose from the ground to settle itself on Antiope's skull, obscuring her scars and features once more. With a grand wing, the pegasus gestured towards the narrow path. "It might be best to get settled before the next round of training begins."