Welcome to Slidr River Valley, home to the strong, the brave, and the resilient. Challenging the odds surmounting against them, the Houses of equine fight in a power struggle for ultimate control over the Valley. With the Bloodless fading away after the First Great Winter of Three, Fimbulvetr, the Slidr River Valley is in a state of discord as the Houses throw themselves into an arms race for power. From predators to the gods themselves every day ushers in a new obstacle to overcome. Fimbulvetr is a literate intermediate-advanced fantasy horse role-play with a survivalist concept. The environment is designed to work against your characters as they move forward in their journey through the arcana riddled realm of Slidr River Valley. With an immense history and lore, we encourage our members to create locals and "outsiders" alike.

▶︎ 07.02.18 Mod auditions, SWP updates, and OTM announcements, oh my! (Read more!)

06.25.18 OTM nominations are open for July! (Read more!)

06.10.18 A much needed (brief) update has been posted. (Read more!)

03.27.18 Several OOC actions can now be redeemed for crystals! (Read more!)

03.21.18 The Slidr River Valley now has a (wip) map! (Find it here!)

03.12.18 Fim has some new staff! Congratulate Briallu and Randalin next time you seen them! (Read more!)

03.05.18 Moderator auditions are upon us! Think you can benefit Fim as a staff member? (Read more!)

02.28.18 Clarifications have been made to the "How To Join" section of the guide book, and OTMs have been announced! (Read More!)

02.25.18 OTM voting has opened! Select your winners today! (Read more!)

02.21.18 OTM nominations are open! (Read more!)

02.14.18 Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Fim is announcing Auditions for the Ambrosius Sovereign and a new Spiritborne! (Read more!)

02.13.18 "Kcsssh, Houston, we're ready for landing..." You heard it! The new Fim is open! (Read more!)

Summer Year One | The sun is high and it is long, and with it as are the days. Summer has claimed the entirety of the Slidr River Valley and in doing so has cast higher, comportable temperatures throughout the Southern and Central territories. The Western still boasts snow capped mountains, but mud slides are frequent and they are heavy. The North remains green, just warm enough to cultivate and brood the new life there, but the further you tred the lower the temperatures fall, their mountains still ice cladden and snow tipped. The East, the poor souls, is sweltering. At night the temperatures drop to the Valley's daily warmth. Little can be done to add comfort, and each day the Oasis becomes drier and drier...

▶︎ 06.14.18 SWP alert! The gory remains of killings litter the Red Wood's Last Stand. What could this mean for the Valley? Read more!

05.15.18 Vromme's throne has been claimed! All hail Geminus!

04.28.18 Vromme's throne is empty and needs a new Sovereign! (Read more!)

04.07.18 Strange forces awaken in the territories! What ever could have caused them? Ambrosius, Vromme, Tryggr, and Exiles. And Andante takes the Tryggr throne!

03.13.18 An Ambrosius Sovereign rises; long live Caelian!

02.15.18 An aurora borealis is shining at Smár Lake! Check it out!

Character of the Month

Halani!

Thread of the Month

Blood Moon Rising!
Ad & Aff Plotting Updates FAQ Arcana History Graphics Discord

[P] BREATHE

Archelaus

Commoner
Spiritborne
Stallion
17hh
12 Summer ☀︎
played by Edie
40 crystals
4 posts
Turn your face to the sun
and the shadows fall behind you.
He awoke early and with a start, his royal eyes wide with panic as his lungs cried for air. His companion for the night beginning to stir at his desperate gasps, Archelaus fought to stand. He rose shakily but soundlessly, careful not to disturb the mare any more than he already had, worried that should she wake he would be bombarded with probing questions and her concern.
Although he probably never would have relented to any questions she might have posed, he didn’t want nor need her pity.
Weakly, his legs carried him deeper into the Ambrosius Holdings, bicolored hooves dragging heavily as he ventured further and further away from the residents of his house. It didn’t take long for him to regain control of his erratic heart rate as this wasn’t the first time a nightmare had suddenly and violently thrown him into a frenzy of panged breaths and tangled limbs. Flanks now rising and falling at a steady rhythm, Archelaus slowed his pace as the sound of babbling water reached his drawn ears.
Recognizing the torrent, Archelaus turned to follow the winding path it made through Nogr. Sighing tiredly, the molten striped stallion hung his head low, his thoughts dark and troubled as he gradually made his way along the well-trodden path beside the stream leading to Dael.
The sun just beginning to dawn on Ambrosius as Archelaus steps free from the spindly firs of the evergreen, he is set alight by an explosion of color that hits the sky at sunrise. Mane and tail caught by early spring gales to give the effect of fire, he raises slightly, taking in the changes to Dael since his last visit. For a moment, Archelaus can forget the mangled face of his brother as he looks upon the lush field of green - a great contrast to the blanket of white it had worn only a few weeks past.
Still far too early for any wandering strangers or members of the Ambrosius house to appear in the valley, Archelaus, rather than brood over his most recent nightmare, decides to take this opportunity of quiet solitude to stretch his legs. Having neglected his regular routine of exercise the evening before in favor of the charming young mare that he’d awoken to this morning, Archelaus settles into a long trot, prepared to make up for yesterday’s work.
Soupi Ragnor • Sorry this took so long and that it's quite lame :/

Ragnor

Kingsman
Half-Giant
Gelding
24hh
2 Autumn ☁
played by Soupi
20 crystals
17 posts

ragnor snow
"you know nothing"

The time of the alpenglow was one of Ragnor's favorite. The burst of colors against the purple mounts cast the Slidr River Valley was a welcomed change from the melancholic, saturated hues of it's typical appearance. Bathed in a sky of fire, the trees swayed as dark, almost navy, silhouettes against the honeysuckle and amaranthine horizon. Royal clouds drifted slowly through the sky which still had residual stars twinkling behind the setting of the blue. The moon had yet to completely disappear, lingering like a phantom in the sky while it's brother sun steadily rose. The hot glow that bathed the lands of Ambrosius during this special time was one of few things that could bring the half-giant a sense of still and quiet peace.

Returning from his adventure to the central territories, his legs had carried him the necessary and long miles from the south western entrance to their Valley home. Invigorated by his new friendship and distracted from the disappearance of Fredrekke, there wasn't much that could diminish the herculean man's elated mood. Especially now that he'd taken the time to stop in the land of Dael and soak up the warmth that rose over the mountains. His straw-like banner flicked, the muddy plum of it's tips tickling his dirtied limbs. The grounds had swelled with the melt of Spring, and the greenery was fighting through the drab death of last summer's grasses. Soon, this entire region would be thick with vegetation to fill the Ambrosius bellies - his included.

But his mind drifted some, chartreuse gaze swimming through the serenity of the early morning and spying the mountain above all that served as the Ambrosius holds. He supposed that despite the fun and companionship he'd found outside of its borders, it was time to inevitably return home. At least for the time being. With a shake of his hide that rippled through the sky piebald pattern adorning him, Ragnor tossed his visage with a new burst of energy, and lurched off into a long strides but rather lumbering canter. Massive hooves of the thickest hyacinth slapped into the wet grounds of Dael, reaping as much ground as he could in hopes of arriving home before the sky was bright with it's spring-time blue.

But it seemed Fate weaved a different web for Ragnor today. As the glow of red slowly faded and the land was bathed only in the soft salmon of morning, Ragnor spied a fire through the oncoming green. A gale swept through the trees, sweeping up his minuscule, thin mane so that it tangled and knotted, but with it the long locks of another in the color of cinders caught his eye. Instantly his visage followed the colors, long strides shortening to a trot and forgetting his cautionary path. A deep whicker burst through his muzzle, both intrigued and excited someone else was enjoying the hour of dawn. Altering the trajectory of his path, Ragnor lurched back into his clamoring canter to check up with the other.

The opposite of Ragnor, this umber and fire man was lithe but powerful, a pelt of warm colors to his cool. Marks of volcanic nature decorated his back. Stripes of what emulated hot molten gold caught lacerated his nape and Ragnor found these most unique indeed. The man-child somewhat recalled the looks of the stallion. Perhaps he'd seen him around or in a crowd. But regardless, Ragnor wasn't leaving an opportunity to say hello pass him by. As soon as he had drawn himself close enough, coming well from the side as to not be too alarming, the beast of a man smiled down at the collared stud. "Good mornin'! Didn't think anyone'd be up.! He said through his labored breaths, lowering down to an extended trot to try and remotely keep up with the fire haired man.

WC: 644 | Tagged: Archelaus

image & table by soupi

powerplay excused
within reasonable limits!
always tag responses.
@[Ragnor]

Archelaus

Commoner
Spiritborne
Stallion
17hh
12 Summer ☀︎
played by Edie
40 crystals
4 posts
Archelaus had been working steadily for a little over an hour. As he climbed steep hills, the muscles in his hind quarters burning, so too did the sun climb. Glancing up often to determine the time, he was surprised to find that so much time had passed. As he reached the crest of the knoll he'd been working up at a fast paced long-trot, the volcanic man drew himself back in order to catch his breath and give his aching limbs a short rest before beginning again a few moments later. Fire red mane and tail flying wildly at the change in stride, his gaze fell from the sun to the rising mountains in the distance. Fjalltindr.
Sighing heavily, he shook his head at the memories threatening to spill into the forefront of his mind. Rectifying a metaphorical barrier, the gold painted stallion rounded and slowly began his trek back down into the valley where he would start back up at an even trot.
Fjalltindr housed the sovereign of Ambrosius. Archelaus knew little else beyond that as he'd never bothered to learn past what was required of him when he was younger and he'd only ever set hoof in the region once. Mental walls trembling, he swallowing thickly as the hissing of fire echoed in his mind as the thought of Fjalltindr pressed down on him heavily.
After waking this morning with the memory of his brother's putrid face, it was all still fresh as he continues his exercise while actively avoiding Fjalltindr. He didn't want to think about Oromis or of that day, but then maybe that was the problem. So wrapped up in the internal battle that was beginning to stir within him, Archelaus nearly jumped in surprise when heavy hoof beats sounded to his immediate right. Easily masking his tumultuous emotions, the stallion inclined his head in acknowledgment as the large draft that he now recognized to be a half-giant, sidled up beside him.
Golden eyes met green as Archelaus took in his new companion with mild interest. Of course, he’d seen several half-giants in his lifetime but never had he actually met with one up close. Indeed, they were impressive, he thought to himself as he watched taut muscle ripple beneath a coat of cerulean.
“Morning to you as well.” He greeted in return, his words breathy as his nares expanded furiously. “Not by choice, but considering, I thought I’d go ahead and use my time wisely.” Archelaus continue after the two had crowned a particularly sheer hillock. Quickened stride dissolving, the fire branded stallion stood with flanks heaving as he fought to catch his breath. Sweat coating his sides and down his neck and chest, Archelaus narrowed his eyes on the half-giant, peering more closely. “If you don’t mind me asking, what’s a young man such as yourself doing out and about in the wee hours?”
Normally, Archelaus wouldn't have bothered, but he could use the distraction.
Ragnor • Meep

Ragnor

Kingsman
Half-Giant
Gelding
24hh
2 Autumn ☁
played by Soupi
20 crystals
17 posts

ragnor snow
"you know nothing"

Dael was a beauty dethroned by none, if Ragnor had the choice to crown. The intensity of the terrain was marveled only by the snow capped mountains surrounding it. Hills, miniature cliffs, and deep troughs brimming with evergreen and oak provided Dael the appearance of a raw emerald. Sometimes, Ragnor found himself lost in the greenery of the North. He bled Ambrosius pride from his veins, and with his loyalty came a deep and awe-struck affection for its holds. But, while he could have lost himself in the trees and thickets, over the stone laden cliffs jutting from the hills like natural stairs, he had found himself distracted by not green but red.

The path of the other was not the most direct or easy route; no, but Ragnor followed. Cresting the hill without pause, his dopish grin betrayed his elation at the exercise. He'd been cooped up for so long, left bored without Queen Fredrekke to serve, he'd almost gone soft. It was rewarding to know he had not faltered. Never did the other gilt stud stop. Driven by some invisible and mysterious force lost on Ragnor, he pursued forward with a dedication, it had only been the cyan half-giant's bothering that had finally halted him. While others may have felt a pang of guilt or perhaps relief - if they were, say, lost - Ragnor hardly acknowledge he may have interrupted the stag's routine.

His blush muzzle wrinkled with an elated smile, audits pricked so far forward that they seemed to be grasping from tip to tip. While sweat darkened Archelaus' pelt, Ragnor's had remained rather dry. Traversing Dael would only challenge his strength if another designed his trail to do so. Otherwise, he was quite content to simply meander its breadth. "I'm headin' back home. Got myself caught in the Bifrost, I did, and I didn't quite like it - no, no, no." While there was still the childish excitement lingering in his tone, a rather cautious air constricted his voice and even pinched his brow. Dare I say, it waned his smile. "Not built for horses like me, ya see." He overshared, although clues would have pointed towards this fellow being a local as well. It was all absent to his inferior intellect.

Bi-colored tail swishing against his dirtied hocks, the elation in his face transformed his smile into the pursing of curious lips. Why was the other stallion cloaked in sweat? Was he running from something? Before the fear could sink it's blackened talons in him, he knew that someone pursued by a predator wouldn't stop to make idle chat. But, it didn't stop the motor of his mouth from firing too early. "Were you running from something?"

WC: 454 | Tagged: Archelaus
ooc: this is crap, i'm sorry ;0;

image & table by soupi

powerplay excused
always tag responses.
@[Ragnor]

Archelaus

Commoner
Spiritborne
Stallion
17hh
12 Summer ☀︎
played by Edie
40 crystals
4 posts
Archelaus was surprised to learn that the half-giant called Ambrosius home. Then he reminded himself of his reclusive behavior and imagined that there were quite a few members of his house that he had probably yet to meet. Scowling briefly at how the cerulean and white colt strung his words he had to fight back the urge to ask if he was quite alright, but understanding that the giant was relatively young despite his superior size, he instead nodded along with the tale.
Never been myself, but I can imagine it must have been a terrible time for you. Did you manage to pull anyone through?" He asked curiously as he imagined the half-giant's struggle through tangled roots and tight passageways.
Caught off guard by the cerulean paint’s question, Archelaus’ heart seized as the half-giant’s childlike expression suddenly began to change. The young giant’s face no longer offering him a kind smile as Archelaus’ twisted mind transformed the colt’s pale face into something truly horrifying. Alarmed, a look of fright crossed the stallion’s dark features as the lifeless eyes of his brother grimly stared back at him.
“Look what you’ve done.” A voice cried out into his mind as charred lips mouthed angrily.
His legs weakening beneath him, the red man staggering back. His eyes falling from Oromis’ face briefly as he nearly fell over in his haste. Looking back up only to find vivid green eyes considering him with caution, Archelaus was left winded and horribly shaken, but he was quick to hide the distress that he’d just blatantly displayed.
“I’m – I’m sorry.” He stammered out, his voice unusually high as his dry throat constricted painfully. “I don’t know what came over me.” It was a horrible lie, one of his worsts, but one that he hoped the half-giant wouldn’t question, eyes darting around nervously as he struggled to regain his composure.
Allowing little time for his companion to interject, Archelaus jumped back on topic, “but I suppose your right in a sense.” Unable to look directly at the colt, he settled on the stray blond hairs fluttered between the giant’s ears. His heart still thudding loudly from panic, the volcanic man seemed to semper, the vibrant gold of his stripes darkening as he forced himself to swallow down his fear. “Truthfully, you’ve caught me at the end of my exercise routine”
“I’m Archelaus by the way.” He quickly added in the same breath, surprising himself with how easily he’d just offered his name. Well, I’ve likely scared this lad witless, might as well be on a first name basis, eh Archie?
Ragnor • So Archie has insomnia!?? Don't mind my terrible writing D:

Ragnor

Kingsman
Half-Giant
Gelding
24hh
2 Autumn ☁
played by Soupi
20 crystals
17 posts

ragnor snow
"you know nothing"

"I did, yes!" Ragnor exclaimed before Archelaus had managed to finish his inquiry. Elation had risen again, bringing with it the corners of his lips and a brightness in his chartreuse visionaries. For a moment his mind sparked with alarm... how had he lost the other? When had they separated? Had Ragnor accidentally wandered of? It was, unfortunately, the most logical explanation. But his mind didn't tarry long on the subject, for the pride that swelled in his chest for having saved someone from the clutches of the Bifrost and brought them safely into the Valley. The Valley was the best place, after all, if you asked Ragnor.

But the conversation took a rather drastic turn. Archelaus' wobbled on his own legs, before staggering. Immediately Ragnor had taken a step forward to aid the fiery stallion ("You okay?" murmured softly), but the stranger seemed to regain his composure quick enough. A hoof that had risen and hung above the sod fell back with a thud as Archelaus apologized. "No need." Ragnor shook his head, his lips displaying a reassuring simper. "As long as you aren't gunna do it again... I can help you get home if needed." Ragnor was a precious thing. Concern for others came above his own personal affairs at all times. What was more time away from Fjalltindr? It wasn't like Fredrekke was there to scold him.

But as quickly as the lapse had introduced itself in distress, it seemed to fade. The fiery haired stallion continued on as if nothing had occurred. Ragnor supposed that answered his previous question and he felt quite a fool to have made such a report out of it. Surely, "think nothing of it" would have been the proper thing to do indeed. Shifting on his hooves, the sky blue half-giant snaked his visage down some so that it hung at equal level to Archelaus, who averted his molten gold gaze and explained he was exercising. Cream audits pricked forward, immediately intrigued. "Nice to meet you, Ar-ch-el-aus." He studied the name, repeating what he'd heard slowly as to pronounce it correctly. "Ma names Ragnor. What are you training for?" The childish curiosity had set indeed.

WC: 454 | Tagged: Archelaus
ooc: omfg this is so terrible i'm sorry

image & table by soupi

powerplay excused
always tag responses.
@[Ragnor]

Hosted by isoldehn. Powered by MyBB, © 2002-2018 MyBB Group. Skin by Eshye. Site premise by Soupi.