Welcome to Slidr River Valley, home to the strong, the brave, and the resilient. Challenging the odds surmounting against them, the Houses of equine fight in a power struggle for ultimate control over the Valley. With the Bloodless fading away after the First Great Winter of Three, Fimbulvetr, the Slidr River Valley is in a state of discord as the Houses throw themselves into an arms race for power. From predators to the gods themselves every day ushers in a new obstacle to overcome. Fimbulvetr is a literate intermediate-advanced fantasy horse role-play with a survivalist concept. The environment is designed to work against your characters as they move forward in their journey through the arcana riddled realm of Slidr River Valley. With an immense history and lore, we encourage our members to create locals and "outsiders" alike.

▶︎ 07.02.18 Mod auditions, SWP updates, and OTM announcements, oh my! (Read more!)

06.25.18 OTM nominations are open for July! (Read more!)

06.10.18 A much needed (brief) update has been posted. (Read more!)

03.27.18 Several OOC actions can now be redeemed for crystals! (Read more!)

03.21.18 The Slidr River Valley now has a (wip) map! (Find it here!)

03.12.18 Fim has some new staff! Congratulate Briallu and Randalin next time you seen them! (Read more!)

03.05.18 Moderator auditions are upon us! Think you can benefit Fim as a staff member? (Read more!)

02.28.18 Clarifications have been made to the "How To Join" section of the guide book, and OTMs have been announced! (Read More!)

02.25.18 OTM voting has opened! Select your winners today! (Read more!)

02.21.18 OTM nominations are open! (Read more!)

02.14.18 Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Fim is announcing Auditions for the Ambrosius Sovereign and a new Spiritborne! (Read more!)

02.13.18 "Kcsssh, Houston, we're ready for landing..." You heard it! The new Fim is open! (Read more!)

Summer Year One | The sun is high and it is long, and with it as are the days. Summer has claimed the entirety of the Slidr River Valley and in doing so has cast higher, comportable temperatures throughout the Southern and Central territories. The Western still boasts snow capped mountains, but mud slides are frequent and they are heavy. The North remains green, just warm enough to cultivate and brood the new life there, but the further you tred the lower the temperatures fall, their mountains still ice cladden and snow tipped. The East, the poor souls, is sweltering. At night the temperatures drop to the Valley's daily warmth. Little can be done to add comfort, and each day the Oasis becomes drier and drier...

▶︎ 06.14.18 SWP alert! The gory remains of killings litter the Red Wood's Last Stand. What could this mean for the Valley? Read more!

05.15.18 Vromme's throne has been claimed! All hail Geminus!

04.28.18 Vromme's throne is empty and needs a new Sovereign! (Read more!)

04.07.18 Strange forces awaken in the territories! What ever could have caused them? Ambrosius, Vromme, Tryggr, and Exiles. And Andante takes the Tryggr throne!

03.13.18 An Ambrosius Sovereign rises; long live Caelian!

02.15.18 An aurora borealis is shining at Smár Lake! Check it out!

Character of the Month

Halani!

Thread of the Month

Blood Moon Rising!
Ad & Aff Plotting Updates FAQ Arcana History Graphics Discord

| the seats of the soul

Soupi

Architect
Equine
Mare
15.2hh
Immortal Summer ☀︎
played by Soupi
150 crystals
18 posts

davaros'
Unknown Sexuality | Single | Vromme Commoner | Stallion

Davaros is one of my newer babies. In short, he's almost a sage. With an affinity for water, it's not uncommon to find him in the Vromme wetlands, around the lakes, or in the rivers. He has a wealth of knowledge about the Valley due to his father's education of both his foreign mother and then passing on what he could before ultimately dying of old age. Hard to dislike and even harder to anger, Davaros is essentially your wise hippie neighbor who will entertain anyone's conversation if they desire it of him. He's open for pretty much anything, be it recruiting for Vromme, teaching newbies about the Valley, or simply to hang out!

evandr'
Heterosexual | Single | The Warden | Stallion

The brawn of all my brains, Evandr is another local born character who has worked himself to be the Warden of the exiles. Born to an mother wrongly punished to exile, Evandr has never seen the Houses or the Valley despite his view from the Point of No Return. While he is ruthless and strict, he can also be very kind, comical, and compassionate. He of all others knows what it's like to suffer in the Wastes and better himself through work and perseverance. He's open to anything, from flings, friends (which I'd love for him to have, including "supporters"), and even enemies.

hel'
Homosexual(?) | Single | Tryggr Commoner | Mare

Hel's my resurrected character. She was slain by a puma in the Laurel Alps and brought back after sufferning what seemed like an eternity in Helheim. Now, she rants about the lies of Valhalla and that everyone is doomed. She frequently hallucinates that the demons and shadows of the underworld are following her, and she's basically angry about everything. Raised along the current sovereign Brynja, Hel is local born and skulking the West. She's open for friends, enemies, and spars.

iracebeth'
Heterosexual | Taken | Tryggr Commoner | Mare

Perhaps one of my favorites, Iracebeth Traegur is a newly adventured filly who arrived to the Valley with her mother, Ezera, and her best friend (and romantic interest) Andante. She's a spitfire, young, and naive.
Having developed her a bit, there are a few things I'm looking for with her. First, I'd love for her to meet a "baddie" for a lack of better terms. She's pretty much been sheltered and has only met the golden of heart,
so I'd like for her to experience how the other side are. She's extremely sociable and is growing a bit of an attitude. I wouldn't mind her getting into some trouble with her newly acquired sass. Romantic plots are out of the question, since she won't reciprocate. I wouldn't be opposed to someone crushing on her and trying to win her affections, since that'd be a fun triangle, but ultimately her heart is with Andante. I also wouldn't mind some kind of rivalry with another mare around her age!

maren'
Unknown Sexuality | Single | Nonpartisan | Mare

Maren is my sweet baby creep peach. Except she's actually not that sweet. Chaotic neutral if there ever was one, Maren has no real goals nor aspirations and simply does as she feels. Deranged of mind, she suffers from auditory hallucinations called the Women Within that chatter with her incessantly. She's got an affinity for the macabre and decay, and is actually Iracebeth's half sister. You could say that the only real thing that Maren's out to do is to find her "sister" to uh... well... not be nice. She's got a little bit of a jealousy issue since she's the only "mortal" sibling from her mother's side, whom she's more close to. She's literally open to anything, except maybe flings/love since I haaaaven't quite figured out how she feels about that.

marrow'
Heterosexual | Single | Nonpartisan | Stallion

A dashing runaway prince, Marrow has recently entered the Slidr River Valley with his dear friend Kismet. Craving adventure and worlds unseen, he's a whirlwind kinda young man who doesn't shy away from any sort of obstacle. I'd like for him to end up in Ambrosius, so any of members of that House feel free to hit up Marrow. Otherwise, I'd love for him to have a fling (that ultimately wouldn't work out, FYI, but I promise drama llamas and a good time), lots of friends/buddies, and I don't mind enemies either. C:

a wild DRATATATA appeared!

Kaleysus

Nonpartisan
Equine
Stallion
17hh
6 Winter ❅
played by octocat
60 crystals
2 posts
-throws Kale at everyone- hehe

I can see Kale taking Hel under his knightly wing. Kind of like a surrogate sister since all he wants is to find his own. Once Iracebeth rescues him out of the Bifrost (also I plan on replying today) he could continue a friendship with her if ya want.

Soupi

Architect
Equine
Mare
15.2hh
Immortal Summer ☀︎
played by Soupi
150 crystals
18 posts
Kaleysus I would love for Hel to find some companionship! It'd be nice to have the brotherly figure c: He'd had a lot of spitfire and hell (HAHA) to deal with but I'd love to toss them together to see how they work together!

And I'd love for him to befriend Iracebeth ;u; She has no adult men in her life so she needs a good role model or even just reference at this point. Plus, it's hard to not get along with her c;

Edie

OOC Account
Fae
Mare
15hh
22 Winter ❅
played by Eden
25 crystals
1 posts
So, he’s not exactly a “baddie” but Archie and Iracebeth could be fun! Maybe she could weasel her way into his heart and get him to open up again?

Soupi

Architect
Equine
Mare
15.2hh
Immortal Summer ☀︎
played by Soupi
150 crystals
18 posts
Edie Yes give me all the Archie! -grabs at- Iracebeth and him could get along swimmingly C: She's great at cheering people up!

Also, side note, I'd love to thread Archie and Ragnor since they're both Ambrosius <3

Edie

OOC Account
Fae
Mare
15hh
22 Winter ❅
played by Eden
25 crystals
1 posts
Soupi Yes! I forgot he was in Ambrosius! Maybe we can do a training thread with them? Not sure where you want him to eventually end up in the ranks but for Archie, I’d like to get him involved in the Kingsmen!

Soupi

Architect
Equine
Mare
15.2hh
Immortal Summer ☀︎
played by Soupi
150 crystals
18 posts
Edie Ragnor will also be trying to be a kingsmen! Perfect! They could easily bond over the desire and I could see them being good friends c: He could easily help him open up as well!

Rook

OOC Account
Equine
Stallion
10hh
Immortal Spring ✿
played by Rook
0 crystals
0 posts
Soooo Lucia isn't accepted yet but hopefully that is in the wings so here goes.

Lucia is very untrusting of anyone residing in/loyal to Western lands. I'm honestly not sure where everyone is from so I'm just going to throw a wide net and offer her as some tension for anyone you might have from that area. I could see her and Hel clashing hard.

Secondly, Evandr would obviously be on her radar. She could already be loyal to him perhaps, a supporter. I would also offer her up as a potential slow burn romance depending on how they went in thread and what direction you were wanting to take him in. (Slow burns are lovely, that build) She wouldn't really know how to handle caring for someone in that way. Yaaay mental scars. But it could be fun and drama filled as hell of it happened xD

Iracebeth, she could potentially be a bit of a bad influence but she would more than likely be the blunt older sister type that tells her not to let a man push her around (she should know).

I can think of much of an idea for Davaros at the moment but perhaps something will come up. I just get the feeling their thread would be full of silence and her ignoring him until she left lol.

Soupi

Architect
Equine
Mare
15.2hh
Immortal Summer ☀︎
played by Soupi
150 crystals
18 posts
Rook I'd love for Evandr and Lucia to thread a bit <3 I'm very much into slow burns and natural character chemistry, so his romance will take him wherever it takes him! But I also don't mind flings or relationships that don't always end with them "in love" so to speak. I'd love for him to have a supporter as well!

Hel doesn't frequent the East far too often and has only been a part of Tryggr for a short time so she probably wouldn't personally know Lucia's jarl but could easily know the rumors of his death, etc. If I can finally get her out of the west, they'd be fun to have glaring across the ravine at one another.

Iracebeth's literally everywhere so she could easily find her way to the East for some conversation! If they happen to hit it off maybe Iracebeth could even serve as an advocate to get her pardoned by a sovereign eventually!

Pitty

OOC Account
Equine
Mare
10hh
Immortal Summer ☀︎
played by Pitty
0 crystals
0 posts
Davaros & Rumpelstiltskin - I could totally see these two having a weird bromance like thing xD Idk why but I can totally see it.

Hel & Cher - I think they'd be delightful^^ Whether it be friends or possibility for more, I think regardless they have to meet!

Maren & Rum & Cher - So since Rum is creepy I think him and Maren would get along amazing, and he deals in death literally so I think she'd be fascinated. But then there is Cher who like Maren loves all things weird and creepy and death related.

Evandr & Cher or Evania - I do not care who but one of my girls has to meet this handsome hunk. Plus i love his posts xD

Soupi

Architect
Equine
Mare
15.2hh
Immortal Summer ☀︎
played by Soupi
150 crystals
18 posts
Pitty

Dav & Rum: Um. Yes please. I am loving Rum to death and he and Dav would make for an interesting pair to throw at each other for sure. We can start that as soon as you'd like too, since Dav needs some more to do!

Hel & Cher: Mmmm yes please <^< Hel needs some girlie friends, and she gets along better with mares too. If Cher can hold onto that mean old exterior she's got, I could see them being fun c:

Maren & Both: Ahahahaha yeeeesss.... She'd find Rum fascinating, and she'd probably see a bit of kinship in Cher and may or may not... cling to her to fill a void xD

Evandr & Cher/Evania: Throw them at him! He loves all the pretty ladies, and despite being the grumpy Warden is pretty content to make conversation with just about anyone c:

Hosted by isoldehn. Powered by MyBB, © 2002-2018 MyBB Group. Skin by Eshye. Site premise by Soupi.