Welcome to Slidr River Valley, home to the strong, the brave, and the resilient. Challenging the odds surmounting against them, the Houses of equine fight in a power struggle for ultimate control over the Valley. With the Bloodless fading away after the First Great Winter of Three, Fimbulvetr, the Slidr River Valley is in a state of discord as the Houses throw themselves into an arms race for power. From predators to the gods themselves every day ushers in a new obstacle to overcome. Fimbulvetr is a literate intermediate-advanced fantasy horse role-play with a survivalist concept. The environment is designed to work against your characters as they move forward in their journey through the arcana riddled realm of Slidr River Valley. With an immense history and lore, we encourage our members to create locals and "outsiders" alike.

▶︎ 07.02.18 Mod auditions, SWP updates, and OTM announcements, oh my! (Read more!)

06.25.18 OTM nominations are open for July! (Read more!)

06.10.18 A much needed (brief) update has been posted. (Read more!)

03.27.18 Several OOC actions can now be redeemed for crystals! (Read more!)

03.21.18 The Slidr River Valley now has a (wip) map! (Find it here!)

03.12.18 Fim has some new staff! Congratulate Briallu and Randalin next time you seen them! (Read more!)

03.05.18 Moderator auditions are upon us! Think you can benefit Fim as a staff member? (Read more!)

02.28.18 Clarifications have been made to the "How To Join" section of the guide book, and OTMs have been announced! (Read More!)

02.25.18 OTM voting has opened! Select your winners today! (Read more!)

02.21.18 OTM nominations are open! (Read more!)

02.14.18 Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Fim is announcing Auditions for the Ambrosius Sovereign and a new Spiritborne! (Read more!)

02.13.18 "Kcsssh, Houston, we're ready for landing..." You heard it! The new Fim is open! (Read more!)

Summer Year One | The sun is high and it is long, and with it as are the days. Summer has claimed the entirety of the Slidr River Valley and in doing so has cast higher, comportable temperatures throughout the Southern and Central territories. The Western still boasts snow capped mountains, but mud slides are frequent and they are heavy. The North remains green, just warm enough to cultivate and brood the new life there, but the further you tred the lower the temperatures fall, their mountains still ice cladden and snow tipped. The East, the poor souls, is sweltering. At night the temperatures drop to the Valley's daily warmth. Little can be done to add comfort, and each day the Oasis becomes drier and drier...

▶︎ 06.14.18 SWP alert! The gory remains of killings litter the Red Wood's Last Stand. What could this mean for the Valley? Read more!

05.15.18 Vromme's throne has been claimed! All hail Geminus!

04.28.18 Vromme's throne is empty and needs a new Sovereign! (Read more!)

04.07.18 Strange forces awaken in the territories! What ever could have caused them? Ambrosius, Vromme, Tryggr, and Exiles. And Andante takes the Tryggr throne!

03.13.18 An Ambrosius Sovereign rises; long live Caelian!

02.15.18 An aurora borealis is shining at Smár Lake! Check it out!

Character of the Month

Halani!

Thread of the Month

Blood Moon Rising!
Ad & Aff Plotting Updates FAQ Arcana History Graphics Discord

[P] North of nowhere

Andante

Sovereign ♕
Equine
Stallion
17.3hh
2 Spring ✿
played by Kagome
635 crystals
40 posts

I know I'd rather be complacent

His mind was reeling, his thoughts lurching and shifting from best to worse case scenarios. Since he'd left the frigid falls laying toward the west he could not seem to quiet his mind. His hooves beat against the ground thunderously, limbs churning through the fresh powdery snow daring to slow his gait. He found himself shifting between a full blown gallop and a canter, only choosing to ease up once he felt the oncoming of a cramp due to his previous meal. His vision narrowed, scarlet eyes skimming the world of wintery white for a glimpse of his companions. He hoped that he had not been missing for too long and that both Ezera and Iracebeth were still in the same place before he'd left.

Regardless, that length of time he'd vanished for was pivotal and provided him with an abundance of precious information he did not have before. Though he did not know all that he wish he could, at least they would not walk blindly into another situation. He could steer them clear of a few dangerous regions, thanks to that lone Tryggr maiden. His chest tightened as his imagined how they would react to being trapped here, unable to travel back through the massive tree. Or the bifrost, as the leather clad warrior called it. The boy's breathing hitched as he changed leads, avoiding trampling the thin ice that lay upon the surface of the lake.

Vivid mane billowing in the wind behind him Andante preformed a low jump to clear a fallen tree claimed by the harsh winter. Cloven hooves landed delicately upon the ground below as he slowed himself to a trot, head looking around in all directions. Racey?! The shout echoed throughout the surrounding vicinity, sounding a little more desperate than he would have liked. Not that he could bring himself to care too much anymore. Soon enough he would be in the presence of a familiar and endearing face, not a complete stranger. Sides rising and falling heavily he pinned his ears against the veil of his mane as he took a moment to catch his breath.

Nostrils wide and fluttering, the boy found himself pacing back and forth before deciding to trudge a bit deeper into the lining of trees decorating the edge of the lake. I have some bad news... He spoke again, his voice an octave deeper, calmer. Though he knew that his face was likely to betray the sound of his vocals. He was worried, certainly, but he did not want her to possibly think that all hope was lost. He was the man of the group, it was his job to shield and protect with all that he knew now. He had to present this in a way that would not cause panic, or so he hoped.

tag: Iracebeth // notes: Notes go here
( © wyatt )

Iracebeth

Commoner
Equine
Mare
16.2hh
2 Winter ❅
played by Soupi
40 crystals
31 posts

She couldn't necessarily remember why they'd agreed to stop at the lake. Perhaps it offered enough drink, despite the mostly frozen waters, and shelter in the surrounding trees, and was easy to find. Perhaps they had just been tired, their hooves aching, and their sense of direction thwarted by their passage in the tree. Iracebeth could at least attest to being fatigued. Whatever the reason, the young filla was thankful for their time spent resting in one location rather than traversing the lands without hide nor hair of a clue. Plus, her magic had returned to her now. While in the tunnels she couldn't beckon her lightning to dance across her skin or horns as it did so effortlessly before. She could feel it there, hiding, lingering beneath a barrier of some kind trying to activate but unable to spark. Now, an arch hissed from one of her horns to the other, and she felt a sense of relief. Having lost her connections to her arcane arts had been suffocating.

While here, she had seen few faces. Mostly they spied her and her mother from afar in the trees, shifting their weight and just watching. Whenever she tried to talk to them, they left without word or acknowledgement. It was hardly the welcome she would have wished from natives... So Iracebeth learned to ignore their prying eyes. She turned her visage to the thin beaches of the lake and followed their snow laden curves, plowing a new divet in the otherwise pristine snowfall. She didn't think she'd ever seen a place with so much snow, with such a deep and encompassing cold... it was almost haunting. Her trek stopped for a moment, her breath rolling from her steely nostrils in brumes of steam. A thick winter's coat had grown on her hide, but she could still feel the dull aching kiss of Winter. Gilded eyes turned towards the lake, peering at it, watching it's startling blue peek beneath the snow as the winds swept the powder across it's frozen ediface.

Where are we?

Focused snapped away, her harks shot forward and her muzzle rotated into the direction where she heard her name called. "Andante..." She breathed, delicate audits twitching atop her dial in the silvery satin of her cropped mane. Shimmering hooves trudged back through the snow as her heart rate rose. There was a sound to his voice she did not like. It was strained, almost alarmed or fearful. Iracebeth shot one last look for her mother over her shoulder - but the mare had gone on her own way as well, everyone investigating but the char coaled maiden - and elected to start for her dearest confidant when there was no trace of the black unicorn.

Trim legs barreled through the snow, though the near foot of powder proved a hardier foe than she thought. By time Andante's onyx pelt bleed through the white veil of Winter, her forelegs burned. "Andante!" She called to him, bounding through the last few yards of snow. Her lungs cried for air, and the caress of the icy atmos was hardly curbing their desires, but she paced over to him, slower now, legs lifting high in attempts to step over the flakes rather than through. The boy colt stated he had bad news, and her brow pinched. While he was standing tall with the trees, his voice was not the confidant one she knew. Without hesitation she walked up to him, her muzzle reaching out to his lean shoulder and, for a brief moment, enjoying the warmth of it. "What's wrong?" She murmured. Her bright eyes stared at him, wide and wondrous, and to be truthful, anxious.

WC: 611
Tagged: Andante

powerplay excused
within reasonable limits!
always tag responses.
@[Iracebeth]

Andante

Sovereign ♕
Equine
Stallion
17.3hh
2 Spring ✿
played by Kagome
635 crystals
40 posts

He stood patiently. Vibrant eyes searching the landscape as a pillar of breath wafted hastily from his nostrils. Then he heard it, the sound of his dearest companion calling his name. Dark audits rose to attention, swiveling upon his head to catch the drifting tone of her voice. The boy's body and head followed suit, turning to face the direction of the charcoal filly as she crested over a sheet of ivory snow. She approached him, closing the distance between them with a look of clear concern. He steadied himself, taking a moment to breathe as he sorted out his words mentally.

The touch to his shoulder was followed up by a display of endearment as well. Stretching his neck forth Andante mirrored the action, enjoying her company as he willed his beating heart to slow. Where do I start...? He murmured softly. Shifting the forelock of loose curls out of his eyes he gazed upon her, pausing briefly. I ran into a native toward the west, I was able to learn some new things about this strange new land because of her. In all honestly, the battle worn mare had been the very first native he had seen and spoken to.

Ebon ears fell back into a sea of wavy curls as he turned his attention toward the general direction of the west before shifting it to the lands of the towering bifrost. At first I believed her to be a crazed nomad, spitting nonsense. But I fear her words to be true. His voice trailed, coasting on the cold winters winds before turning back to his dear friend. Picking back up again he found his tone hardening, facial features drifting somewhere between vexed and distressed. There is no way out of this place now that we have entered it. The tree makes it impossible, not even those who can fly could escape.

They could never venture back to the lands of Elysium. Even if they wanted to, it was not something they could accomplish. He briefly looked over the filly's head, wondering where Ezera might have been. She deserved to know such vital information as well, but they could always seek the unicorn out. Dropping his gaze back to Iracebeth he frowned a little eyeing her carefully. However, she did manage to tell me some relatively dangerous places to avoid. The north supposedly has a bear god that eats the equine there. The south holds questionable swamps, and she said to never venture to the far east that marks the desert...

tag: Iracebeth // notes: Notes go here
( © wyatt )

Iracebeth

Commoner
Equine
Mare
16.2hh
2 Winter ❅
played by Soupi
40 crystals
31 posts

It was a frightening thing to find yourself in a new place and know no one. Andante's return, despite the alarm in his voice and etched into the faint lines of his face, would stave off some of the creeping anxiety that had lingered in her chest since the departure of her companions. But, it was quaffed now. Those searing, hot flames died as their fuel of air was snuffed, and Iracebeth found a small smile on her velvet lips. Was she not fully aware of Andante's distress? Of course she was. But it was nice to have him back. His mimicked touch broadened the bi-colored expression and she took a step closer. Gilded eyes studied him, and despite the affection found in them - a girlish affection, a youthful affection - it was hard. No matter how relieved she was he had returned, she couldn't deny that prickled quality he held. It was like someone had taken and shook him until the threads holding him together began to unravel.

Her audits twitched betwixt her silvery tresses, but she otherwise remained motionless. Save her eyes, which flicked across his face as he began to speak, watched him shoo the crimson from his face with a quick gesture. He had met someone. Her audits flicked first back with uncertainty, then forward. Visage turned down in thought, staring into the snow while she recalled all the equine that had, for the most part, avoided her. But she remained silent as she peered back up. Andante wouldn't have thrown her a taste of what he'd learned. They'd come to share much. Iracebeth wasn't quite away if there was something that they would hide from each other. As Andante seemed to loose himself in thought and his gaze wandered to the west, Iracebeth's followed with. She listened to what he had to say with a growing dread that fought off the tickle of relief in her stomach. "I don't under-" She had began to say, but a different boy colt turned back to her.

The filla watched as the young stud's aura stood on end. It almost felt like she'd be pricked by needles if she got to close. Agitation was palpable, if not something more akin to distress. Her brow pinched, a frown claiming the once small girlish smile. And, as if the destruction of that momentary asylum in their own moment hadn't already been dashed away, a battering ram came crashing through with the constricted vocals of his next statement. Her brows visibly rose and her breath caught, and as she mulled it over - there's no escape? no one can get out, there's no escape the dread came pummeling back in.

Not because she couldn't leave, no... if she confined herself somewhere, she could accept her actions. She'd done it once before, after all. But she'd damned her mother and Andante to a life entrapped in this foreign land. She felt the strength leave her extremities, and her head lowered awhile her mind reeled. It took several long, trying moments for her to find the courage to look him in the eye. And while it used to be a face that brought her joy, she could not shake the guilt that seeped into her marrow like a plague. 'I've trapped him here...' Andante recanted words of warning he'd managed to procure as well, and Iracebeth could only shake her head at it. "What's that leave us? The west?" Her voice snapped then visibly recoiled. She couldn't remember a time it'd come to such a harsh set of lyrics so unbefitting of her. Immediately she murmured, "I'm sorry..."Swallowing a lump in her throat, she took a deep breath before continuing. "That wasn't meant for you, I just... I'm angry at myself. I'm the reason we're stuck here. I drew attention to the tree." Her voice trailed off, and the tension that had subconsciously coiled along her shoulders and dorsal faded, and she became increasingly aware of the buzzing of the electricity dancing along her horns. As if to hide away the embarrassment and guilt, she bid the currents cease, and they simply disappeared. A small snort burst through her nostrils, and she shook her head again, a gesture meant to herself. "I'm sorry, Andante."

WC: 712
Tagged: Andante

powerplay excused
always tag responses.
@[Iracebeth]

Ezera

Commoner
Equine
Mare
18.1hh
6 Winter ❅
played by Ara
305 crystals
29 posts
EZERA

Silence is our Fate

There was a time when the obsidian mare used to love the snow. The way it muffled all sound so that the world seemed just as quiet as she was always amazed her. Hours would be spent walking through the cold substance, just exploring and marveling at how beautiful everything was. The snow had always made things brighter in her eyes.  
Now it brought back memories that she had pushed deep into the back of her mind. Ezera would have loved to forget them, to go back to loving the season of winter and what it brought, but it just wasn't that simple. It was because of those memories that she was unable to remain in the forest for long. The desire to stay by her daughter's side was overrun by the fear. The trees might have been a different setting than that mountain but it didn't matter.
When Andante had gone off on his own was when Ezera had left as well. The mare had felt the breaths in her chest shortening while a gentle tremble started to run through her body. She might have been able to battle through it if she had been alone but there was no way she was going to let Iracebeth see. There were sure to be questions that, even if she had been able to give a real answer, she would never tell the truth for. Avoiding the questions was much better than having to lie to her daughter.  
The unicorn hadn't gone very far despite her strong desire to get away from the snow. She battled through the panic, wishing the little snake that had become her companion had been able to follow them from Elysium. His voice in her head had always been comforting. As it was she could imagine what he might say while she struggled to breathe. It wasn't the same but it helped a bit as golden eyes stared at a tree.
It took much longer than she would have liked to be away from her daughter. Andante had returned by the time Ezera managed to make her way through the trees, trying her best to ignore the snow. She could hear their voices but wasn't able to make out what was being said. Whatever it was seemed to be making the two of them unhappy though and she picked up her pace a bit, worry overcoming the remains of the fear.

Ezera's Thoughts

OOC Iracebeth Andante | NOTES

Andante

Sovereign ♕
Equine
Stallion
17.3hh
2 Spring ✿
played by Kagome
635 crystals
40 posts

He waited, watching with baited breath as he witnessed her digest the news. His brow creased further as the sinking feeling of dread began to bubble up within his gut once more. As the sweet smile she wore just for him vanished only to be replaced with a frown he felt his stomach twist in knots. Unable to meet her gaze he averted his eyes to the snow beneath him, swallowing thickly. Though he was grateful for the tips he picked up from the leather clad stranger, he hated being the barer of dreadful news. I hope I did not frighten her too badly... Finally, the boy worked up the courage to look upon the filly, gauging her reaction again, only to find that she refused to look at him.

Audits falling back into waves of crimson, Andante's features shifted, crestfallen as he looked upon her silently. Gone was the cheery demeanor she held as he dashed it to pieces with his words. The pounding within his chest and the lack of words being spoken was beginning to take its toll the longer the two stood there unmoving. Racey..? His voice was soft, barely a whisper. But he was hoping to coax the femme into speaking her thoughts. Instead he received a snappy response, causing the young stallion to recoil backwards, taking a single step backwards. While he was half expecting her to be upset he did not anticipate anything to this degree.

Was she angry with him? There was a small voice of guilt chiming in at that second, as he blamed himself for not allowing her to keep that false sense of hope and security while venturing through these lands. Though he knew that she deserved to know. Unsure of what to do the boy clenched his jaw, dropping his gaze momentarily as he listened to her apologize and keep apologizing. Covering his scarlet pools behind dark lids he spoke in a firm voice. Iracebeth. He paused, giving her time to draw her attention back to him. I will not stand here and allow you to accept responsibility for my own actions. I chose to follow you into the tree, and I would not take it back even if I knew ahead of time that we would be stuck here.

Opening his eyes he lifted his visage to gaze upon her, watching the vivid display of lightening subside from her hide. It was as if the bursts of energy were visible signals of her guilt and anger rolling off of her in waves. He sucked in a steady breath and released a heavy sigh through his nostrils, head slightly cocking to the side. Stepping towards the downtrodden filly he outstretched his neck to run his muzzle against the length of her cheek, shuddering at the residual heat from her elemental powers. We cannot change the past, but we can take heed to what path we will take in the future. And, I accept your apology. His words fell into tones of soft comfort before pulling away at the sound of Ezera's approach.

His visage turned to the ebon unicorn, his face falling. He did not think he could go through with broadcasting their misfortune again. However, it would be important for Ezera to know. I was just telling Iracebeth that a local told me that we will never be able to leave theses lands. The bifrost...will not permit it. Shifting his weight from leg to leg he watched her, wondering what he thoughts on the matter were. It was then that Andante looked back in the direction of the west, visionaries squinting against the sunlight partially blinding him. But, the stranger did say that she would not harm us if we did decide to seek her out in Tryggr...the name of her herd, umm house. He glanced back at both of them I am unsure of their queen however...

tag: Iracebeth Ezera // notes: Notes go here
( © wyatt )

Iracebeth

Commoner
Equine
Mare
16.2hh
2 Winter ❅
played by Soupi
40 crystals
31 posts

Realizing you had done something wrong was a crushing, if not suffocating, feeling. She'd felt it once when she had managed to lose her way in the plague of a fog lingering in Elysium. The dread that she had felt them as a naive filly was raw, unbridled. It was pure fear at her own confusion and misdirection. Iracebeth had just been a child then; she had hardly known anything about her homeland let alone the world and it's demons. Now? The gunmetal filla's emotions had grown in complexity. It was no longer an ignorant miscalculation. She had lost herself to the sense of adventure that had permeated her through their decision to leave the only home they'd known. There was an understanding deep within her that knew that she alone had sealed their fate. These feelings were a mixture of guilt that was so all consuming she thought she would lose herself to it's darkness, but it was not the only monster drawing vacancy. Fear stemmed from this guilt, and it clung so cold and icy to her heart she feared it'd freeze entirely and seize.

Iracebeth couldn't bring herself to look at Andante. She could hardly bring her gaze up to look back to the trees, snow laden and ethereal as they were in the moonlight. His first utterance of her name fell into obscurity, for her mind rattled and shook with the guilt and the fear so intensely the two syllables were but phantoms in a winter's wind. It wasn't until he rallied an unyielding tone that she was snapped out of the hovering cloud of darkness that only she could see. Her visage jolted to him, gilded eyes wide and doe-like, as if a blinding light had petrified her. Even her breathing seemed to catch, and she found herself holding the last of her breath hostage in her lungs. It only expelled when Andante's reassurance met her ears which faded the buzzing tension that coiled in her body and seized all ability to her magic into oblivion. She stood there, staring at him, unable to even blink as she listened to him confess, though his eyes were close and he faced away.

"You would have...?" She murmured softly, her muzzle dropping as her eyes seemed to follow it in thought. Would she have done the same thing? If he had drawn attention to the tree and suggested that they venture within, would she have followed him? Of course. Well, that is, if her mother had also agreed. Even she wouldn't have clamored down into the depths of the shadows if she were to do it without her dam's approval.

A petite gasp manifested upon her lips as the cobalt colt's muzzle caressed her cheek. She could feel the heat rise there beneath her skin, feel her zeniths burn so red hot she thought perhaps they'd melt off her face entirely. In her chest her heart fluttered and stopped at the same time, and her stomach twisted in confused knots that reminded her of Rook's askings, the constant bombardments of question marks. Swallowing her golden visionaries found their way up from the ground and she looked into his crimson pair with their slit, almost snake-like, black pupils. Again he spoke, and again Iracebeth gave him her full attention, forgetting her surrounds and dropping every ounce of herself into the conversation happening at that very moment. A tickle of giggles bubbled up at his acceptance of her apology, considering she had been told not to apologize. A genuine smile, a smile he would know all to well, graced her di-colored lips.

But it was only when Andante noticed Ezera approaching that Iracebeth had half the mind to pay attention to the world around them. An instinctual reaction stepped her one short stride from Andante, separating her from him. Honestly, she didn't realize she'd done it until it had already happened. Her gaze flicked uncertainly from her mother, then to the colt who provided the short-hoof version of their current predicament. Iracebeth became acutely aware once more of Andante and her own lack of authority here. While they were definitely not a hindrance to her mother, they were far from the wisest in the trio. One final glance to Andante as he stated that at least this local he'd met woudn't prove a foe of there's, Iracebeth took to small steps forward towards her mother. In the dark of the lighting, Ezera seemed as inky and ghostly as the shadows around them. But her treasure hued eyes and spiraling, delicate horn claimed a certain warming quality. And her scent brought only security to Iracebeth's fears. "I'm sorry, mama." She repeated, although it may not have been necessary. "I did this. It's my fault...", a pause, "What should we do?" From her mother she turned to Andante, and from there slowly back to the unicorn mare.

What would they do?

WC: 824
Tagged: Andante, Ezera

powerplay excused
always tag responses.
@[Iracebeth]

Ezera

Commoner
Equine
Mare
18.1hh
6 Winter ❅
played by Ara
305 crystals
29 posts
EZERA

Silence is our Fate

The unicorn hadn't been expecting Andante to say they were stuck as she walked up. Her golden eyes caught the movement made by her daughter as she stepped away from the colt but his words distracted her thoughts. It took a moment for her mind to wrap around and understand what he meant. The bifrost must have been that tunnel beneath the tree. It had collapsed behind them as they reached the end but she hadn't thought that it was now closed. The tree had been massive and there had to be more tunnels. Even as she tried to puzzle it out in her head she knew that the answer would be the same. A local had told Andante which meant that it was most likely true.
It helped to know that there was at least one place they could go. Of course, not knowing if it was truly safe made her heart beat a bit faster but they might have to take their chances. Being in the forest was grinding at her nerves despite the two younger equines being there. Every creak of the branches caused a small twitch and she kept expecting a dark shape to appear. The mare was about to find some way to ask about this "house" when her daughter's voice caught her attention. Ezera's head was shaking before Iracebeth even finished what she was saying.
Again she wished for the small snake that had been her companion,
if only so that he could tell the girl that none of this was her fault. Instead the unicorn was reduced to stepping closer to her daughter and moving her head until she could look into eyes that mirrored her own.
Once she was sure that she had Iracebeth's attention she deliberately and slowly shook her head again to make sure that the filly understood. Nothing that had happened was anywhere close to her fault, it was just the way it was. Ezera gently touched her muzzle to the girl's cheek before stepping back to face the both of them again.

There really wasn't much they could do other than keep looking around or go to see this local that Andante had met. Between the two choices it was the latter that seemed the best. But before they did that she felt as though they should rest and calm down for a bit. Though her heart still raced within her chest the unicorn no longer felt the overwhelming desire to get away. Ezera figured that this was due to having been given a different problem to work on and for that she was grateful. It was still a bit of an effort not to flinch when she folded her legs and lowered herself to the ground. Golden eyes looked up at the two of them pointedly, especially Andante who had just gotten back from who knows how far. They could figure out exactly where to go in a bit.
Ezera's Thoughts

OOC Iracebeth Andante | NOTES

Andante

Sovereign ♕
Equine
Stallion
17.3hh
2 Spring ✿
played by Kagome
635 crystals
40 posts

The moment the charcoal filly took the slightest of steps away from him to face Ezera he felt an urge to reclaim that close intimate stance. The young colt found himself lifting a cloven hoof to do just that, yet revolted against it. Iracebeth did not need him to comfort her any longer. After all, that was one of the may jobs of a mother. Placing his ruby stained hoof back upon the snow laden ground he watched in silence as the filly once again took blame for their demise. Ebon audits fell against his skull, lost within the waves of his wine colored locks. Had his words fallen upon deaf ears? Or was the femme's conviction just that strong?

Regardless, he watched as the mare stepped to her daughter, reassuring her despite the silence that gripped the unicorn. At this Andante could not help but to allow a ghost of a smile to grace his lips. The sight of such a touching gesture sent him into the few flurry of memories he held with his own mother. Dropping his visage he looked away, his hinds moving in an arch to face away from them. They deserved a moment to themselves and he needed to occupy his mind with other things to keep himself from feeling like some strange outsider encroaching upon a tender moment.

Brow pinching, the boy faced the west as a plume of breath expelled from his nares. They could only hope for the best in times like these. His young muscles were beginning to ache from his journey spent running from the falls back to the lake. There was a roll of his shoulders as he attempted to offset the stiffness he felt coming upon him. And already the meal he'd hunted earlier before bumping into he Tryggr began to dissipate from his stomach. Leaving him slightly hungry all over again. Audits lifted from their resting place as he heard the crunching of snow. Turning back around he witnessed Ezera laying upon the ground, much to his surprise.

As she stared pointedly at him he could not help but to frown with utter confusion. Are we not going to figure out what to do from here? He asked, dumbfounded. How could she be so...calm? His attention turned to the filly beside him to gauge her reaction before shifting back to the mare with golden thread lining her lips. His limbs itched to travel. It was unlike him to stay grounded for too long, especially out in the open. He was quarreling with himself deep down inside. A vast part of him told him to go with his instincts, to keep moving and be rebellious. But then there was a small voice overriding that thought, telling him to listen for once.

He rocked lightly on his hooves a few times, debating and weighing his options until a defeated snort fluttered audibly from his nares. Whisking his leonine from side to side he folded his limbs underneath himself and flopped to the ground.

tag: Iracebeth Ezera // notes: Notes go here
( © wyatt )

Iracebeth

Commoner
Equine
Mare
16.2hh
2 Winter ❅
played by Soupi
40 crystals
31 posts

One may have thought the proximity that Ezera and Iracebeth shared too intimate or odd. But, Iracebeth had grown with a mother that at most times she could not hear. Physical gestures and the expression of ones eyes became a secret language to them, with small nuances that could vary the degrees of meaning and intensity of a subject. It was a peculiar thing. Iracebeth had witnessed this intense control of her emotions and expressions leaking into how she handled the world despite having a voice. Where others could hide behind a guise of stillness, Iracebeth's form - much like the electricity she controlled - was always buzzing with some sort of betrayal to her thoughts or emotions.

She couldn't have explained why she'd stepped away from Andante when her mother approached. In the back of her head she could feel a gnawing curiosity. Why had she felt so different once they had an audience? Had it mattered more it was her dam? But these thoughts, and so many more about the Bifrost and the Valley, were quaffed by Ezera's deliberate and slow shake of her head. The filly frowned at her mother, not out of guilt but out of defeat of it. The colt and mare both reassured her that their current situation was none of her doing, and of all opinions in the world, it was only those two that mattered.

Treasure eyes glanced over to Andante, spying his smile despite having averted his eyes. It was faint, as if a specter, but there. A twitch lifted one of her lips and she released a heavy sigh, relenting completely to them. Iracebeth stole another glance over to the colt, studying his expression and reaction, trying to gauge just where they all were mentally, when she turned back to her mother claiming a finality to their day. Andante's confusion was almost palpable as Iracebeth shifted herself, visionaries following her mother's pointed gaze. He questioned Ezera, and Iracebeth couldn't quite blame him. They'd been constantly on the move since Elysium. It hadn't been until their trek through the Bifrost and coming to this lake that their march forward had even slowed.

And if she knew anything, it had been a long journey.

Watching her mother fight to relax on the grounds - she could seen the underlying tension there, could feel it in her gaze - reminded her just how weary she was herself. While youth was on her side, Iracebeth's legs still ached with protest every time she set off. Her belly gurped, eager for the rest so that when she woke she could fill it again. Her lids were heavy in the aging night, and she wasn't quite sure how far the west really was. Another glance had her peering at Andante. He'd been missing most of the day... did he think he could make it back there with any energy in the reserves? And what if they were turned away by whatever governing force the local followed? Would they even make it?

"I think mother's right..." she murmured, the sound meek, cautious, as if her voice reached out slowly to touch him in case he'd shy away. As the words left her lips, however, the obsidian colt relented and nearly threw himself to the frostbitten ground. Her di-colored lips pursed and twitched, buckling her knees beneath her thin chest and lowering herself to the ground. At first the nip of the snow made her tense, but the warmth of the two others nearby steadily would bring some comfort. A deep inhale drew through her nostrils, catching as much as the frigid atmos as her lungs could allow, before letting it billow back out in plumes of white steam. Curled beneath Iracebeth her legs thanked her silently with a dull, relieved ache that seemed to radiate with heat. Unable to lay her visage down, for a creeping insecurity tickled the back of her mind's eye (more towards her mother? or more towards Andante?) she remained somewhat upright, concluding if she had to take the first watch so be it. She hadn't traversed as much as the others, and remained mostly hovering over the lake since arrival. It was the least she could do to help, she supposed.

Vision trailing the rise of the breath as it swept into the winter's wind, her gilt eyes burrowed into the high midnight clouds and the twinkling stars that peeked behind them. They were stuck here, and that meant they'd have to make a life here. She supposed the situation could be worse. She could have been alone again, without her dam nor her traveling companion. A soft smile, meek and unsure, rose on her lips as she recalled their memories. The reunions, the play, and the teamwork... if this was where they'd remain for the rest of their days at least she was in good company.

WC: 812
Tagged: Andante, Ezera

powerplay excused
always tag responses.
@[Iracebeth]

Ezera

Commoner
Equine
Mare
18.1hh
6 Winter ❅
played by Ara
305 crystals
29 posts
EZERA

Silence is our Fate

It wasn't all that surprising to Ezera that the boy would be confused and want to keep moving. They had been continuing forward for so long that stopping to rest might seem odd. But without it they would work themselves into the ground, drop when they needed their energy the most. Resting in a place they had no issues with was better than collapsing in a place they didn't know at all. Of course she couldn't keep either of them from continuing on but she hoped they would understand and stay.
If the mare was being honest she was somewhat surprised when Andante relented and folded himself to the ground. He had seemed so anxious to move on that his actions were the opposite of what she had been expecting. A small smile of relief pulled at the thread in her lips as Iracebeth folded her legs too. Figuring out just where to go could be done later, after everyone had gotten some sleep.
Of course now that they weren't moving, that they could finally rest, Ezera's mind was wide awake. Golden eyes wouldn't stop scanning the area around them despite her body's ache to sleep. She caught Iracebeth looking up at the sky and followed her gaze, noting the stars that could be seen. Without the clouds it would have been an amazing sight. The calm that surrounded them did nothing to slow the beat of her heart and she doubted that she would have been able to sleep anyway. No matter how many times she tried to convince herself that this was a different situation her mind just wouldn't cooperate.
So instead she continued to look around, constantly scanning and ignoring her own advice. Ezera figured that at some point she would fall asleep just from pure exhaustion. Sure, it might not be the most rest-filled sleep but it would be sleep. Otherwise she would wait until they got somewhere else, somewhere without snow that brought back not so pleasant memories.

Ezera's Thoughts

OOC Iracebeth Andante | Well this isn't the best bit it's something

Hosted by isoldehn. Powered by MyBB, © 2002-2018 MyBB Group. Skin by Eshye. Site premise by Soupi.